Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Revenge of the Archon: too hard?

Rolzhard
04.16.2013 , 06:36 AM | #31
Trick is to make your absolute priority focusing the repair droids and leave dps-ing the boss for the quiet moments. Also do the secondary quest and pick up the cannisters from the droids and destroy the console in the back of the room. The console doors open when the boss drops down to do his recharge thing. I found once you destroy the console the boss goes down much quicker.
Look into my eyes.

Seireeni
04.16.2013 , 06:38 AM | #32
Yes, it's hard. Died around 20-30 times before I finally asked someone to help. Read more from here.

Kind of depressing, actually. I've been playing this game for a year now and it seems I actually have learned nothing.

RixoFutu
04.16.2013 , 06:58 AM | #33
It's funny how ppl complaining about this game as too easy and on the other hand, someone can't even defeat planet story boss, which is really easy.

And, yeah, welcome to MMO ... you are not supposed to play alone, use your friends or make some!
"Once, I thought myself a monster. I played in rivers of blood and laughed as innocents quaked. Yet when I touched the Dread Masters, I saw that my darkness was but a shadow of true depravity."

Loknido
04.16.2013 , 07:43 AM | #34
People are Joking right? This was the most fun quest because it was challenging, it wasn't hard but it is challenging. I have solo'd it 3 times on an Assassin, Jugg and Sorc and didn't have trouble with any of them.
Imdabes

Rantank
04.16.2013 , 09:48 AM | #35
I did it as a 54 healer with my tank comp on the boss. I found it long but fun and not at all difficult. I wasn't in any danger of dying. Took me longer than I'd care to admit to figure out that things would be easier once I killed the droids...... I just healed through my stupid up until that point though

Thumbs up for this fight BW, and the cranky droid with running up and down stairs nonsense. Would really like to see more of these for single player. Don't want to have to raid to see fun fights. You did well with these.
War is when your government tells you who the enemy is. Revolution is when the people finally realize who the real enemy is. ― Anonymous

philrowen
04.16.2013 , 10:13 AM | #36
I beat this in like three tries when I was wildly drunk last night, so it's not really that bad.

Korusus
04.16.2013 , 10:49 AM | #37
It's a trick fight, once you figure out the trick it's simple. Fights like that are why I love SWTOR more than other MMOs, they have shown that yes you can have challenging solo content.

Just know that it's going to be a long, drawn out fight. Keep moving and try to avoid abilities with long cast times or channeling, when he knocks you back to the end of the room get out of the slow trap immediately and run back up to the fight on the sides avoiding the other slow traps...anticipate the red circles, if you've waited to move until you actually see the red circle you're too late. He will eventually go down, and he hits softer and softer as the fight continues as long as you take care of the robots relatively quickly.

MorgothPl
04.16.2013 , 11:07 AM | #38
I ignored alts on my 54 jugger in full BH gear (and Quinn in Tionese) - took some micromanagment of Quinn - setting him on passive when he was in front of droid and such.

Yes, he reloaded more quickly, but Quinn in proper gear can outheal damage, and if you interrupt missiles, he can't even scratch you. Took 3 tries though, before I learned mechanics

Lotharofxev
04.16.2013 , 11:14 AM | #39
Here's my issues:

1) Droids aren't dropping the Isotope

2) He teleports me about 100 feet away, I can Force-Sprint out of the room, but it's a long run back (the teleport occurs just before he fires the laser)

3) Missles. I can get underneath him to DPS, but once I step out to attack the droids I get bounced around like a pinball

4) Companion, using Talos for heals, but he too gets teleported away then plinks at the boss with his pistol (even though I've turned off every non heal ability)

I destroyed the first room, but now (to reiterate) the isotopes aren't dropping and I can't get to the second. May try just killing Droids and ignoring him for the most part. VERY frustrating.

EDIT: 5) Ignores my Assassin taunts

DARTHOSIRUS
04.18.2013 , 05:00 PM | #40
No this should not be nerfed!! It was an epic fight and alot of fun. its rare I run into a challenge in this game, but this was definately a good challenge. First attempt I was flattened but I did learn the trick and the 2nd time I rocked his world. I did with a lvl 52 maurauder and healer quinn