Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Revenge of the Archon: too hard?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Revenge of the Archon: too hard?

Sangrar
05.10.2014 , 10:13 AM | #321
the boss fight would have been simple for me but it bugged out, even when I took out all the droids I think the Archon kept recharging regardless meaning I literally had to dps faster than he was healing up, and as a tank that was hard...
[Bastion]Guildmaster<Galactic Saviors>-War Hero Spaceboomer-55 Commando/Captain Starforce-55 Scoundrel/Darth Caddar-55 Juggernaut/Lord Brakaras-32 Assassin/Master Teckan-38 Sage/Firefighter-27 Powertech/Nightprowler-13 Sniper
refferal link for returning players and free character transfer and free inventory slot

gankahoe
06.18.2014 , 06:39 PM | #322
i tried 4 or 5 times. healer companion wouldnt heal or would go up there to punch archon and die quickly or tank companion would die quickly. couldnt target the adds until after they had stopped running. jaessa just kept going right back to the boss to get her ***** kicked in 2 hits. i tried 4 or 5 times and quit.

DarthSylar
06.18.2014 , 07:09 PM | #323
It's not at all balanced when compared to the republic makeb finale. Way too many mechanics to juggle on my slow *** computer.

SgtJeremy
06.18.2014 , 08:01 PM | #324
It's tricky, a lot of micro management needed. Took me 4-5 tries on my Merc. Making sure your dumb a** companion isn't standing in AoE laser range was probably the hardest part cause my hand eye and reaction time is pretty bad. If possible try grouping with someone. At least that way losing your companion is that detrimental.
"A man who won't die for something is not fit to live."
"Victory at all costs, Victory inspite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, their is no peace."
http://www.swtor.com/r/pqwT9F Ex sub looking for free stuff why not use this.

LordArtemis
06.18.2014 , 09:52 PM | #325
It was a tricky fight, impossible for me at 50, but when I finally ran it at 55 with reasonably decent gear I managed the fight. Had learned the mechanics already, concentrated on killing the droids while my companion (Treek ) took him down.

I still have characters that have not completed the fight. Definitely a tough one.

Loc_n_lol
06.18.2014 , 11:00 PM | #326
Somewhat recently, I did this fight again on my Pyro merc, who had yet to finish Makeb but is already in (sm) raid gear. I was using blizz during the fight. Well, turns out that if you bring enough dps you can completely ignore the droid adds and win rather easily without healing required... [*]
Also, my companion stood in the massive laser and didnt take any damage from it (he was knocked to the side)...
Makes me wonder if I've been doing it wrong the previous times, now...
The Red Eclipse
Jayšey - Gol'dy - Raibbach - Locnlol - Rex'Power'Colt - Ki'Sazen
Nyctis - Dre'xin - Jaegerk - Nahzeer - Pan'thera - Crystei

Strajder
06.20.2014 , 02:16 AM | #327
Quote: Originally Posted by gankahoe View Post
i tried 4 or 5 times. healer companion wouldnt heal or would go up there to punch archon and die quickly or tank companion would die quickly. couldnt target the adds until after they had stopped running. jaessa just kept going right back to the boss to get her ***** kicked in 2 hits. i tried 4 or 5 times and quit.
Try this:
Quote: Originally Posted by Loc_n_lol View Post
Well, turns out that if you bring enough dps you can completely ignore the droid adds and win rather easily without healing required...
I completed the fight on 4 characters so far: deception assassin, immortal juggernaut, arsenal mercenary and concealment operative. In all cases being at or near 55, having at least some good gear (both for the character and the companion) and just straight DPSing the boss, along with dodging the laser attack and dodging or interrupting his other attacks proved enough.

Quite unexpectedly (after reading some replies here about the boss being the hardest on a juggernaut), I found it was actually the easiest to do on my undergeared juggernaut. With his abilities, he just refuses to die.

Tsillah
06.20.2014 , 02:22 AM | #328
After going through Makeb with a few characters I just avoid it altogether now so I don't run into this issue anymore. Mind you, I always managed to kill the Archon without outside help but after playing through Makeb on a couple of rep alts I can clearly see that the imp version of the final quest is much harder than the rep one. The rep one really is a piece of piss.

I don't care so much if it was hard, but I don't get why there is such a huge difficulty gap between the imp and rep version. That just makes no sense.
Et In Gehenna Vixi...

AvalonBunny
06.20.2014 , 03:57 AM | #329
There's advantages and disadvantages for each class to complete this mission ... I found it more difficult on my sorc and sage as they have to stand still to cast ... but being lvl 53, wearing the purple mods from the Makeb vendors and knowing how to play your class all help to succeed. There's plenty of videos showing fight mechanics ... watch and learn.

I've completed it on each class Pub and Imp side
*Feels like a Jedi master when she walks through automatic doors*