Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Revenge of the Archon: too hard?

Zenzho
04.16.2013 , 03:31 AM | #21
Did it at level 52 last night, me and my Mako did it quite easily once I realized I had to destroy stuff on the wall behind him, but still did it in one go. I suppose a tank and healer companion is a good combination though.

zzoorrzz
04.16.2013 , 03:36 AM | #22
I finished this yesterday. I died 2 times, then I used the chat to get advise and then defeted him. How? I basically didnt fight him, only for very short periods of time and then towards the end. 90% of the time I spent running around hiting consoles. Almost died towards the end, then I realised that my healer comp is not following me for some reason, so I had to get close to him then finish Archon.

Harsisus
04.16.2013 , 03:49 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by pooks View Post
this quest needs to be easier. fewer droids maybe.
Ahahahaha, ROFL, are you joking?

First mega-boss of Makeb was no issue at all, just get 2 of those consoles sorted. Dodge crap, consoles, kill. Rinse and repeat. No problems at all with that.

As for Archon... That quest was perfectly fine. I got flattened on attempt #1, due to my own stupidity (I ignored the adds, didn't bother with interrupts/CC), and then steamrolled the boss on attempt #2 (and I mean absolutely de-freakin'-stroyed him, no contest) after reviving.

If you're having trouble defeating either of them, think on your tactics more. This update included more focus on tactics than on gear.

The game is not the problem.

BanthaRaider
04.16.2013 , 04:02 AM | #24
There are Consoles??

Merc DPS = Shoot Droid Left and right, Shoot Boss and dodge red AOE. Didnt see anything that looked like a laser
Maybe would be a real challange if he would be a champion, not gold elite.

abokado
04.16.2013 , 04:42 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Eege View Post
What about the 4 or so AOE circles he clusters around on the ground? How do you avoid those. As a marauder, I don't have the ability to get out of them that fast. And I take a good chunk of damage when they hit.
..you run? And use Quinn?
As a jugg, I don't have the ability to run but I always got out of the red circles. It really isn't that hard.
I did it at level 53 in campaign gear and died once because I didn't know what I was doing and his big laser finished me, second try it was no problem.

yoomazir
04.16.2013 , 05:06 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by BanthaRaider View Post
There are Consoles??

Merc DPS = Shoot Droid Left and right, Shoot Boss and dodge red AOE. Didnt see anything that looked like a laser
Maybe would be a real challange if he would be a champion, not gold elite.
Eh... that's what I did too. Me + Mako and the usual dps race.

SocknBoppers
04.16.2013 , 05:17 AM | #27
This quest took me way too many tries, when I did complete it; it wasn't because I did anything differently.

The reason? The field of missiles.
So many times I dodged the missiles and then got pulled back in due to lag, then I flew across the room from the health chipping missiles. Another reason I couldn't change was that my healing comp that I do rely on has been acting like a starved brain slug since Makeb's release. No heals every attempt for at least 70% of my lifespan. Quinn pls.

Zaxem
04.16.2013 , 05:19 AM | #28
did it solo with jaesa as a dps jugg vengeance spec and on my mer arsenal spec with mako i found it harder on my merc to solo
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.-Through passion, I gain strength.Through strength, I gain power.Through power, I gain victory.Through victory, my chains are broken.The Force shall free me 55 Juggernaut55 Assassin 50 Sniper 55 Mercenary50 Guardian55 Marauder

Hizoka
04.16.2013 , 05:23 AM | #29
Why is it when a very FEW people cannot complete a quest it needs to be nerfed???

Do you people ever think that because you cannot complete something it means you are bad rather then the content being too hard???

The fight was super easy if you ave any amount of reasoning skills... Droids come out heal boss... so kill droids, a basic attack kills them. Its not hard and it does not need to be nerfed, you simply need to LEARN 2 PLAY.

SocknBoppers
04.16.2013 , 05:28 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Hizoka View Post
The fight was super easy if you ave any amount of reasoning skills... Droids come out heal boss... so kill droids, a basic attack kills them. Its not hard and it does not need to be nerfed, you simply need to LEARN 2 PLAY.
To be honest, the boss was pretty easy when it came to numbers and mechanics. Main enemy of the fight for me was lag though. I personally wish I could fight him again when the lag subsided just to see how easy he really is.