Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Revenge of the Archon: too hard?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Revenge of the Archon: too hard?

MahneWarrior's Avatar


MahneWarrior
07.12.2013 , 11:51 AM | #211
Do not nerf this please, It was fun to solo it and it was not too hard. PLEASE BIOWARE, do not nerf more content. Well solo content.

belhawk's Avatar


belhawk
07.14.2013 , 12:20 AM | #212
bugs & balancing need to be done. All classes should be able to solo this boss.
1 bug i ran into with quinn, is that he would quit healing inside. this happened with my jug and marauder. I would have to take him into the next room, and have him manually heal me because he wouldn't do it himself. The problem comes up after i put him into passive mode to get him out of the line of fire of the archon's red ray, and when i switch back it doesn't work. He may shoot, but doesn't heal.
The rods from the refuel droids seem to be dropping better.
But, the raised area with the archon is a problem for some reason. I can do a saber throw at the refuel droids and archon, but charge doesn't seem to work well.
cpu: intel i7 3820 w/8 gigs ram monitor: Dell 24" U 2711
gpu: 2x eVGA gtx 680 w/331.65 o/s: Win 7 64 bit
audio: X-FI Fatal1ty Recon3D case: CM Storm

AshlaBoga's Avatar


AshlaBoga
07.14.2013 , 12:49 AM | #213
Quote: Originally Posted by MahneWarrior View Post
Do not nerf this please, It was fun to solo it and it was not too hard. PLEASE BIOWARE, do not nerf more content. Well solo content.
Agreed.

In fact, while you're at BW, unnerf Agent Act 1 boss, Knight Act 3 boss and the like.

You made them too easy.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

Eitetsu's Avatar


Eitetsu
07.14.2013 , 12:56 AM | #214
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
Agreed.

In fact, while you're at BW, unnerf Agent Act 1 boss, Knight Act 3 boss and the like.

You made them too easy.
True. I would love to see MORE challenging solo content in the future. Especially stuff with more raid-like mechanics. Go beyond simple stuns and interrupts and staying out of circles.
Eitetsu - Assassin; Tenzinn - Marauder; Kathedra - Mercenary; Korrana - Operative; Murasaki - Sorcerer; Tathata - Juggernaut; Weißreiter - Sniper; Aureatus - Powertech

Regentlord's Avatar


Regentlord
07.14.2013 , 01:37 AM | #215
Quote: Originally Posted by Eitetsu View Post
True. I would love to see MORE challenging solo content in the future. Especially stuff with more raid-like mechanics. Go beyond simple stuns and interrupts and staying out of circles.
Agreed. Being able to finish both the inquisitor and warrior stories at level 47 in level 40 gear shouldn't be possible.

AshlaBoga's Avatar


AshlaBoga
07.14.2013 , 01:45 AM | #216
Quote: Originally Posted by Regentlord View Post
Agreed. Being able to finish both the inquisitor and warrior stories at level 47 in level 40 gear shouldn't be possible.
You think that's bad? I beat Agent Act 3 at level 47 without a companion while wearing level 42 gear...

BUFF THE CLASS MISSION ENEMIES!

I'm supposed to feel "heroic" right? I don't feel that when I'm squashing a bug, I do feel that when I best a worthy foe. So BW, take note of this make and make our solo content enemies more worthy.

Operations are good since NiM EC Kephess and NiM Dread Guard are perfectly tuned, but the solo stuff? EZ EZ EZ.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

Cyzicus's Avatar


Cyzicus
07.21.2013 , 05:01 AM | #217
I didnt even take out the generators, I just killed all the fuel droids and eventually it was over.

Artanisia's Avatar


Artanisia
07.21.2013 , 11:38 PM | #218
There are a ton of ways of making stuff more challenging: dismiss your companion, fight naked, rip the mods out of your weapon. Or if that is still not hard enough for you (yeah, right *eyeroll*) go and solo a few heroic4s. Naked. With your hands tied to your back.

Demanding that Bioware ruins the fun for other players because you think you are SO über? Picture book example of a d.ick move.

BobaMOTSU's Avatar


BobaMOTSU
07.24.2013 , 06:00 AM | #219
This fight is annoying. I have to kill no less than 20 droids before they drop a refueling cylindar, I can't auto target the droids, and I'm constantly getting a 'can't see tartget' pop-up. I soloed it with my Powertech, and af having fits with my Merc. I'm not the best playing in the world, but damn BW. Really?

Callaron's Avatar


Callaron
07.24.2013 , 07:27 AM | #220
Quote: Originally Posted by BobaMOTSU View Post
This fight is annoying. I have to kill no less than 20 droids before they drop a refueling cylindar, I can't auto target the droids, and I'm constantly getting a 'can't see tartget' pop-up. I soloed it with my Powertech, and af having fits with my Merc. I'm not the best playing in the world, but damn BW. Really?
I never even got that refueling cylinder dropped, provided it is what I think it is - it's to complete the bonus objective, right?
It was a loooong fight for my Merc, but eventually him and Mako took that sucker down the hard way.
I enjoyed the fight though, and I hope they'll leave it be as it is - I think a lot of people are a bit undergeared when they take on the Archon.
Now the Republic side is a whole other matter, I expected a difficult fight like the Empire has here - so when I fought "Glittering Fury" I immediately went into full assault mode with Heroic Moment, followed up by a nice lightning storm and orbital bombardment while my Shadow frantically stabbed the robot with his lightsaber.
Imagine my surprise when the thing fell over mere seconds later!
A very underwhelming fight compared to Empire side.
Thanks for showing us you listen to our feedback, Bioware!
Join the Galactic Referral Army today and see the galaxy! (with a free character transfer and some other shiny Cartel Market unlocks!)
Want more Class stories? Let Bioware know!