Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Revenge of the Archon: too hard?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Revenge of the Archon: too hard?

JediJonesJr
05.09.2013 , 06:02 AM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by pooks View Post
this quest needs to be easier. fewer droids maybe.
lol

really
really
really
really
really

ok lets dumb down the fight it's too hard jedi ewokcarebear's have landed........this type of crap is why i quit wow the dumbing down and making things easy when you can't beat it solo complaint......group up

or how about this you can use cartel points to buy a win that should please the ewokcarebears.
Will Return After Lunch and lunch is never over.....

GoldenHornet
05.09.2013 , 06:41 AM | #112
Just out of curiosity, did all of you going "lolz, itz supa eazee, foo" run this solo?

I ran it last night with a full team of guildies and it took us a few wipes to get through this as the refueling droids were plentiful and Strong rather than Regular mobs.

Lots of the game content gets considerably harder as soon as you have 3 or more players in a team. The additional mobs it drops in to try and balance the encounters can present quite a challenge on occasion.

Mandalin
05.09.2013 , 06:45 AM | #113
Yikes,

When I complained about this mission being too difficult I didn't really think I'd get 18,000+ views.
Folks on this forum really do like to flock to complainers huh?

If you're up for it, I have another thread I would love to get some views on! Perhaps that will lure the BW folks there as well.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=452555

Cheers

Mandalin
Mandalin Tun, owner and operator of Tun Enterprises Inc
google.com/

amneonx
05.09.2013 , 07:15 AM | #114
I did it solo on my 53 Powertech Tank with Mako. I died a couple times before I realized that you had to side step that laser. I grouped for it on my 55 Sorcerer DPS. I may try to solo it on my Marauder here soon.

On my PT it was quite simple. I was able to do it while distracted by my daughter. I wasn't taking a lot of damage, and once you blow both of the cells. It gets easy. Save your heroic moment for this point, and pop all of your legacy abilities.

calabam
05.09.2013 , 02:23 PM | #115
Struggling to clear this on my sniper ( running lethality) doesnt help that there seems to be a constant delay in trying to get skills to work i just seem to slow and squishy , only came back to the game recently but was doing OPs in Hm before i left and have been an end game raider in other mmo's for years so a must just be one of those noobs who needs to learn to play there class it seems.
Edit - also had him at 5% or something then cant hit him with some sorta lame skill lag few times rather annoying.

Eyesmindassassin
05.11.2013 , 12:36 PM | #116
I think the difficulties vary from class to gear to spec. Had problems with 'em on a Deception 'Sin. Switched to Madness and one-shot easily. As Deception I'm only doing damage to him when I do damage to him and you have to stare at your buff bar a lot which makes it harder to concentrate on the mechanics of the fight. Add to that a positional requirement limiting your movement to avoid circles and the fact that while you're killing the droids you're not killing the boss and it's obvious. Madness on the other hand you can just DoT up the boss in between droid spawns and then kill the droids while your DoT's are ticking. Just ran around the boss doing that and there was no trouble at all. Another thing is putting your companion on passive like was already mentioned. IMO, though, that's a problem with the game bugging out and you shouldn't have to constantly do that for your companion to heal you. Your companion should heal you regardless.

Velgar
05.11.2013 , 12:44 PM | #117
I soloed it easy on my assassin tank, just yanked him to the the other end of the room, the droids do not move to him so he gets no recharge, then I just beat him to a pulp, bit slow but effective. Talos had no problem keeping me healed up. No laser dodging since he does not recharge when out of range of the immobile droids.

Idunhavaname
05.11.2013 , 01:29 PM | #118
Difficulty is really based off spec and class. My sniper for example had a difficult time as he was constantly interupted with aoe dodge that will smash your health. My juggernaut had no problem killing him with DPS companion, and my healer was way too slow in killing droids.

RIP orange pixel

CloudCastle
05.11.2013 , 01:47 PM | #119
This is the most nightmarish solo fight I have yet encountered in this game.

I did it as a healing-specced operative, level 54, in Tionese gear, and basically with no companion. Vector died each time I tried the fight in about 30-60 seconds, and I could not heal him fast enough, even when I pulled him away from the Archon by putting him on passive. I gave up using a companion and just kept going with the fight. I couldn't do much damage to the Archon no matter what I tried. He would do that pull to the front of the room every minute and by the time I ran back to him, he had usually started healing himself. I couldn't get him down below 50% health.

So I ignored him and focused on the droids and healing myself. That takes F-o-r-e-v-e-r. Eventually, one wall came down behind him, but the first time I missed it and lost my chance at blowing up the power cores in the back. Second time I got one. Then, eventually...like 10 minutes later it seemed, the other wall came down and I got that one too. This didn't seem to help very much.

I kept at the droids, kept at healing myself, kept running and rolling out of lasers and red circles....and eventually the droids do actually stop coming!

Then, finally, finally, I was able to focus on the Archon. That was a slow race to the death, with me standing underneath him plinking away at him with tiny blaster bolts and papercuts from my knives, while he blasted holes in me and I tried to heal myself to stay alive.

Finally, I beat him.

I think I will have nightmares about this fight for the rest of my life. The whole thing took me at least 20-25 minutes.

Scyllia
05.11.2013 , 02:32 PM | #120
Spoiler