Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Bug] Exfiltrate Game-breaking WZ PVP immobilize

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
[Bug] Exfiltrate Game-breaking WZ PVP immobilize

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tatile
04.17.2013 , 03:15 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Purple-Punch View Post
So wait, dont you work for Bioware? Shouldn't you be the one creating a Bug ticket? Im confused.
Maybe he already has, but Bioware requires more than a one-off so that can get more information and find out what is causing the issue?

Personally, I have yet to be immobilized by rolling around.

WorldSecurities
04.17.2013 , 03:30 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Purple-Punch View Post
So wait, dont you work for Bioware? Shouldn't you be the one creating a Bug ticket? Im confused.
The number of tickets for a problem is a commonly used measure of severity. The 'no tickets no problem' versus thousands of tickets means 'something to look at.' The other mesure is the amount detail used to describe the problem. By example, the previous posters gave a good amount of detail about the problem, AND gave consistent (read game repeatable) descriptions.

Unless BEESODD is in the department tracking problems or a developer, it's likely the best BEESODD could do is pop into the appropriate office and say 'hey guys there's this problem.' And post a ticket. Abet their ticket might carry more weight than the average customer.

/*

"For many IT professionals issue tracking can be the difference between users loving you and your team and users comparing your performance to the keystone cops."

Redron
04.17.2013 , 04:14 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Beesodd View Post
Thanks for the reports guys. I have had seen this happen myself in an FP. If you haven't done so already, please create a /bug report on this, with the information above.
Thanks.
Oh, you saw it yourself. Wonderful. So cursing from "charge" users (I mean, maras, sents, juggs & guards) since launch is not enough? It was like that since hell knows when, gap-closer usage (or in your case it's getting away)
combined with an external knockback from any source (huttball vents, OP bosses, FP mobs, other players in WZ - ANYTHING) resulted in desync of your character, you have only small square in which you can actually move (if you can at all) with no way to get out exept charging\interceding to another target if there's any within your reach.
I won't even bother to type some examples, there are many everywhere.

So, people. We, meleers with gap closers were dealing with it since beta. Adapt
Murderiser with flaming soul

Campaigner
04.20.2013 , 09:46 PM | #14
Still screwing me over daily.
OldTraunus (Formerly Traunus from SoEK)
Prophecy of the Five
<Old Republic War>

Derivative
04.23.2013 , 08:40 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Campaigner View Post
Still screwing me over daily.
Me, too.

MikeTheDuke
04.23.2013 , 09:06 PM | #16
The work management and allocation is done by using the tickets in game. The forums are to help find work around, provide help from other members, it isn't the official ways that bugs are meant to be lodged.

/bug will do it.
I post about Star Wars on my blog. Check it out
http://xnagamedeveloper.wordpress.co...ory/star-wars/
MikeDodgers @YouTube

APCrol
09.14.2013 , 03:27 AM | #17
Its still buggy, made some jumps and then stuck in plane place

jasoneth
10.29.2013 , 08:33 PM | #18
This issue happened to me today, in Ancient Hypergate, on an Operative. Was about halfway back from the east pylon, maybe 10 meters from the dropoff on the way to mid, when I was locked in place. I was killed by the explosion, and revived in the spawn area, but still couldn't move.

I've included the last few seconds of my combat log below. It looks like I used Exfiltrate (10:10:42.758), then was immediately (effectively simultaneously) hit by a Force Wave (10:10:42.760). I'm fairly sure that the direction of the Force Wave would have moved me back towards the pylon, whereas I was attempting to Exfiltrate towards mid. I'm also reasonably certain that was the point I got stuck.

Possibly the interaction of opposite movements resulting from the Force Wave and the Exfiltrate confused things? I was under no other movement-impairing effects at that point.

Spoiler
Teo, co-host and producer of OotiniCast

Glower
11.01.2013 , 08:30 AM | #19
bump!
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg
A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)

jasoneth
11.03.2013 , 09:35 PM | #20
I had another occurrence of this issue today. This time it was in Voidstar, coming down the corridor into the final area (where there are the three forcefields, leading into the open area with the east and north gates).

I've included my combat log below. In this case, I used Exfiltrate at 09:50:43.536, and was almost immediately hit by a Concussion Charge ("... pushes up to 5 nearby enemies back away from the Trooper. Targets have their movement speed reduced by 50% for 4 seconds after being knocked back.") at 09:50:43.539.

As with the example I gave in the post above, the bug appears to be triggered by being affected by a movement-inferring effect (e.g., any kind of knockback) while at the same time attempting to utilise Exfiltrate.

The result is, as described previously, my Operative is stuck in place. Subsequently dying and respawning results in being stuck in place at the spawn-in point in the safe area. In this case, the first round of Voidstar ended, and I was transported into the safe area prior to the gate opening for round 2. But again, I was locked in place, with no option but to leave the warzone (I'd have got afk'd out anyway).

Given this example and the one I gave earlier, it should (in theory) be able to be replicated.

Spoiler
Teo, co-host and producer of OotiniCast