Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Bug] Exfiltrate Game-breaking WZ PVP immobilize

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
[Bug] Exfiltrate Game-breaking WZ PVP immobilize
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Viertec
04.14.2013 , 09:12 PM | #1
Hi CS team,

I have observed in a few consecutive pvp warzone matches that being knocked back before/during an exfiltrate (operative roll) will cause your character to become permanently immobilized - persisting through death.

For example: if you roll past an inquisitor using overload, you will stand up straight and twitch left and right until which point you are killed or you /stuck (which will kill you). Upon spawning in the protected area, you will be unable to move. using your cc break ability will yield the error message "you are not controlled" and attempting to use a movement ability will yield the error message "can't do that while immobilized".

At this point, you simply time-out of the warzone for lack of the ability to leave the protected area or use a second /stuck in time.

I would say this issue is minor, because it requires the unlikely overlap of a roll and a knock-back - but it can be replicated readily enough that it has happened to me in several games in a row (which sucks because you literally get to watch hundreds of your WZ coms slip away), and to other operatives in the match.

Thanks much for reading.

-Tec

spritepr
04.15.2013 , 12:38 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Viertec View Post
Hi CS team,

I have observed in a few consecutive pvp warzone matches that being knocked back before/during an exfiltrate (operative roll) will cause your character to become permanently immobilized - persisting through death.

For example: if you roll past an inquisitor using overload, you will stand up straight and twitch left and right until which point you are killed or you /stuck (which will kill you). Upon spawning in the protected area, you will be unable to move. using your cc break ability will yield the error message "you are not controlled" and attempting to use a movement ability will yield the error message "can't do that while immobilized".

At this point, you simply time-out of the warzone for lack of the ability to leave the protected area or use a second /stuck in time.

I would say this issue is minor, because it requires the unlikely overlap of a roll and a knock-back - but it can be replicated readily enough that it has happened to me in several games in a row (which sucks because you literally get to watch hundreds of your WZ coms slip away), and to other operatives in the match.

Thanks much for reading.

-Tec
I just had this happen to me as well in a huttball match. I scampered and got knocked back at the same time then I was frozen like a statue. I could still cast and attack other players but I could not move. /stuck did nothing and I eventually died and got kicked from the warzone since I could not leave spawn. After the warzone I scampered once and my character froze again. Managed to get around the issue by re-logging.
LD50 Merson - Scoundrel Heal/DPS
POT5

Gaucho
04.15.2013 , 01:09 PM | #3
I concurr with this. Its happend to me in warzones non stop. only way to fix is after leaving warzone

Master_Nate
04.15.2013 , 02:05 PM | #4
This is the same with me. I made a short post about it the other night after filing two in game tickets http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=624754 but you will see their response was pretty lackluster.

However, I have done what they said but I do not think it will fully resolve the issue. I haven't got to play many games at 55 so maybe it is fixed but regardless I just wanted to post that I had the same issue on my operative.

Thanks for making this thread with more description.
IMPERIAL AGENT
Nodo/Yonder
Lobsters go PEENCH PEENCH
Prophecy of the Five

xhii
04.16.2013 , 02:47 AM | #5
This happened to me yesterday when I was just casually rolling around on the Fleet (wasn't in a warzone or grouped with anyone, so no interfering skills) - suddenly between rolls I just got stuck on the nice clean level floor: http://assets.enjin.com/wall_embed_i...4208_stuck.jpg

I wasn't able to /stuck myself off it but I could use my map travel so I mapped to the spacedock travel point but was still stuck.
The Teatime Legacy
For delicious server gossip, visit The Progenitor, made of cookies and cat memes.
operative tua | sage chua | pt tea

Beesodd
04.16.2013 , 02:51 AM | #6 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Thanks for the reports guys. I have had seen this happen myself in an FP. If you haven't done so already, please create a /bug report on this, with the information above.

Thanks.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

Purple-Punch
04.17.2013 , 03:02 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Beesodd View Post
Thanks for the reports guys. I have had seen this happen myself in an FP. If you haven't done so already, please create a /bug report on this, with the information above.

Thanks.
So wait, dont you work for Bioware? Shouldn't you be the one creating a Bug ticket? Im confused.

DroidDreamer
04.17.2013 , 03:04 PM | #8
This has happened to me as well. As a Sniper using Covered Escape.
The DroidDreamer Legacy (Pot5 Server)
Eblen 50 Sorc heals | Sodan 50 Sniper | Trilliant 37 Immortal Jugg | Somnis 50 TankSin
They mark me with the lightning bolt in Huttball.

petesalzl
04.17.2013 , 03:07 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Purple-Punch View Post
So wait, dont you work for Bioware? Shouldn't you be the one creating a Bug ticket? Im confused.
I would guess that the more people that submit a ticket on a certain bug will increase its chances of moving to the top of the bug list and getting it fixed

Kaos_KidSWTOR
04.17.2013 , 03:11 PM | #10
Ive had that happen just rolling around on makeb. I launched off of a upward slope and never could move till i completely logged out of the game and back in. very odd glitch