Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is the Empire really driven that far back?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Is the Empire really driven that far back?

Beniboybling
04.15.2013 , 11:43 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by ReiKai View Post
But it's like any game of Sabaac. You could be losing pretty damn hard...and just then...*Bam* the one card that dropkicks all the others, and you win the whole pot.. It's certainly possible. There is no telling how the story will play out. There may even be a point in the war where both sides must hold a ceasefire to deal with a more immediate threat to both of them. Like the Dread Masters and the Cthulhu lookin thing from TFB.
Ah... and this is where I bring you attention to the following, something that slipped my mind:

But hope still burns in millions of imperial hearts. DARTH MARR steps forward from his Dark Council seat to guide the Empire's resurgence. Aliens join the Imperial ranks, as Sith recognize the wisdom of Darth Malgus's inclusive ideas. Loyal Sith and patriotic soldiers fight to repel the oppresive Republic, not knowing that they key to the Empire's victory is at hand. ~ Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia.

Never surrender!

ReiKai
04.15.2013 , 12:03 PM | #42
Because like all Sith, our Spirits will Never Die! That is our Master Plan.
CE Owner: ...what? I wanted the music. I like music.
Statement: SGRA's - I support them. Do you have a problem with that, Meatbag?

Beniboybling
04.15.2013 , 12:09 PM | #43
Because like all Sith, our Spirits will Never Die! That is our Master Plan.
Lol, indeed in the words of Darth Sidious...

ReiKai
04.15.2013 , 12:18 PM | #44
In the words of Imhotep (The Mummy); "Death is only the Beginning."
CE Owner: ...what? I wanted the music. I like music.
Statement: SGRA's - I support them. Do you have a problem with that, Meatbag?

Beniboybling
04.15.2013 , 12:43 PM | #45
In the words of Imhotep (The Mummy); "Death is only the Beginning."
Lol, you win.

Kaisernick
04.15.2013 , 12:46 PM | #46
quite a few jedi turn to the dark side and even if you dont kill them the council members such as bal taga and the first son step down.

also depending on the agent storyline imperial intelligence (the minister keeper ect) establish themselves as a shadow group like the star cabal.

so the future may bring new and untold horror for the republic.

zzoorrzz
04.15.2013 , 02:40 PM | #47
So I just finished Makeb Empire story, here's my opinion:

Spoiler

kaczuszka
04.15.2013 , 03:13 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Denatharion View Post
So I played ROTHC from the first day of EA and what amazed me was how the empire was portrayed. Darth Marr told me the Empire would be gone within a year if we didnt get the Magic stuff from Makeb (not naming it to avoid spoiling. And further in the Story he tells me we lost 3 planets already during the duration of the operation.

Now I know Malgus his acts and that of the Dreadmasters was a severe blow to the Empire, but the Republic suffered to from those. And they lost Ilum (With Master Jaeric Kaedan) and we won Corellia (though costly).

Hearing all this made me Q_Q as I am a true Imperial Loyalist ;(
Let's be truthful republic won the Corellia back defeated many powerful sith not going to name ony of them to avoid spoilers, They captured alot of commanders while demanding that thousand of political prisoners will be realesed. So to be fair we are loosing this war because of the lack of focus on the war the only ppl focusing on the war were Marr (Best sith in that time) and Decimus maybe angral but that's another story and that was it. The rest didn't bother with the war because they had a power play or they decided to stay out of it E.G Emperor. so yea this sums it up
peace is a lie there is only passion through passion I gain strength through strength I gain power through power I gain victory through victory my chains are broken the force shall free me

spectreclees
04.15.2013 , 03:34 PM | #49
As an earlier poster said, the Empire lost a lot of planets and only one on a planet that was already in ruins. (Taris)

They gained nothing in this war so far, where as the Republic has had major victories on key planets like Corellia, Ilum and Balmorra.

Astarica
04.15.2013 , 05:58 PM | #50
People really need to learn how to read the generic propaganda spin from the real story. Both sides always claim they're totally winning the war and just one step away from totally crushing the enemy. Corellia cost the Empire 1/10 of its troops, but it's implied it cost the Republic even more. Corellia is a founding member and one of the largest industrial planets and had the Empire held it, it'd have more than justified the cost it took to get the planet.

When you ask Darth Marr why you're losing despite WINNING Corellia and Ilum, Darth Marr blames that on Sith infighting and military incompetence. Apparently the Sith Inquisitor who is in charge of the fleet wasn't exactly a military genius, but more importantly it's Darth Malgus that really messed things up. The Empire was probably winning as of Ilum, and then Darth Malgus ran off with about half of the Empire's resources so yeah, the Empire is pretty messed up right now. It'd be like if Alderaan, Corellia, Balmorra, and a few other major planets all suceded from the Republic at the same time as the New Republic and declared war on the former Republic.

The Sith infighting is bad, but the Republic has just as much incompetence. For example Darth Baras has an elite squad watching wampa caves on Hoth instead of fighting at Corellia, and as the Trooper you get to extract a group of elite pilots who are in jail on Belsavis because apparently the paperwork needed to get those guys out of jail would take too long, or something else equally bogus. The only reason the Republic is winning is because they have the Jedi Knight randomly going rambo and conquering an entire planet by himself. Yes in theory everyone does that but canonically only the Jedi Knight is repeatedly taking down a planet single handedly against all odds.