Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

4 man operations

mastirkal
04.16.2013 , 01:45 PM | #11
Easy answer. No.

Why you ask? Because you are not being forced to participate in operations and if you can't have the patience or ability to find seven other like minded individuals you don't deserve to play the operations until they become so outdated you can four man them without trouble. You can't have four man operations because they are not meant for four people. You don ask heroic 4's to be solo-able do you? Don't you lose story by not doing them either? You don't complain because you have come to expect them to be made for four people instead of one, just as everyone else has come to expect that current operations are for, at the minimum, eight people. Be happy it isn't 20 to 40 man raids of wow.

Thundergulch
04.16.2013 , 02:00 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by mastirkal View Post
Easy answer. No.

Why you ask? Because you are not being forced to participate in operations and if you can't have the patience or ability to find seven other like minded individuals you don't deserve to play the operations until they become so outdated you can four man them without trouble. You can't have four man operations because they are not meant for four people. You don ask heroic 4's to be solo-able do you? Don't you lose story by not doing them either? You don't complain because you have come to expect them to be made for four people instead of one, just as everyone else has come to expect that current operations are for, at the minimum, eight people. Be happy it isn't 20 to 40 man raids of wow.
Totally agree with Mastirkal,
Also to add, IF and IF there were 4 man ops, people would cry on the forums about the gear not being as good as an 8 or 16 man op, so then BW would be forced to make the same gear drop, and nobody would then run anything but 4 man ops.
I wish people would really stop trying to have the game changed to suit their needs instead of adapting to the game.
This isn't a kids sport where everyone gets a trophy and nobody keeps score... this is a game where gear is EARNED not handed out because you can't do an 8 man op.

slafko
04.17.2013 , 03:31 AM | #13
I wouldn't say the gear is earned beacuse there's too much luck involved in getting it.

Atramar
04.17.2013 , 03:49 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Alukardrasp View Post
Except for the fact that flashpoints are built to get you gear ready to start operations. Meaning you miss all end game gear, and yes i know you can smash out section x at every available chance but thats a far cry from the story driven content you get in operations
you don't need end gear if you don't end game, ergo, you don't need 4 man ops which will provide end game gear.

on that note, I fully support nightmare flashpoints. (I bet my sweet petunias, they will add them in next expansion when we get to level 61 or something)
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

Thundergulch
04.17.2013 , 05:56 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by slafko View Post
I wouldn't say the gear is earned beacuse there's too much luck involved in getting it.
You earn it by getting past the boss that drops it.

slafko
04.17.2013 , 06:01 AM | #16
No... You have to be lucky to win the roll if the boss drops the thing you can actually use or need.

Grimsblood
04.17.2013 , 07:47 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by slafko View Post
No... You have to be lucky to win the roll if the boss drops the thing you can actually use or need.
The boss's drop tokened pieces. It will always be something you need. Odds are you are not pugging end game content. You would be in a raiding guild. So, you are subject to the guilds loot guidelines.........
DPS is science. Healing is art. Tanking is strategy.
Hippolytà - Level 50 Sentinel - Grimsblood - Level 55 Sage
Saphyria - Level 55 Sniper - Fenrîr - Level 55 Gunslinger

daDren
03.08.2014 , 06:54 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by ASZSephiroth View Post
Aren't those called Flashpoints for a reason?
other unnamed MMOs hold "raids" over a payer, i mean, player's head as a carrot to keep their subscription. You spend enormous amounts of time just getting people together, not just doing the operation. I suppose thats fun for some people, but for the rest of us, we dont have that much time or patience. The real thing that stings is that im paying for all that content, and its quite substantial, and we are not even glimpsing it, much less enjoying it.

A four person, easy flashpoint mode would at least let us see the great work that has been done, enjoy it, and even help get us ready for doing the more difficult modes instead of reading about them online. I dont think anyone is suggesting that you get the same commendations or loot, just the opportunity to play the whole game that we are paying for, but dont have the time or patience to see with 8 or 16 people.... who usually quit because its so hard anyway....

daDren
03.08.2014 , 06:57 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by txpoodoo View Post
How about a Nightmare Mode Flashpoint.....would get about the same effect.
That sounds like a good idea to me. Gearing up in flashpoints, and then doing 4 man operations. The operation would be a four person nightmare mode flashpoint. For myself, its not just the time it takes to complete a hard operation, its getting so many people together and coordinating their every move that takes more time than I have at any one login sitting.

daDren
03.08.2014 , 07:07 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by mastirkal View Post
Easy answer. No.

What are you, ten years old? I dont deserve to play the game im paying for??? ABILITY??? LOLOLOL!!! No one is suggesting anyone takes away your precious "achievements" for rounding up 8 or more people and having ALOT more of spare time on your hands *cough loser* than 'normal' people, they are suggesting the game have a version EVERYONE can play, not just "elites" with lots of time and dont mind wasting it, along with their money.