Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

4 man operations

Alukardrasp
04.14.2013 , 05:54 AM | #1
I don't know about the rest of the community but I for one would like to see all operations offer a 4 man option, Raiding is fine but it turns the game into a chore having to log in at a specific time multiple times a weak and being dragged through progression. I know it would take some doing but i believe making a 4 man option would make the game more relaxed and enjoyable and it would also open the game up to a lot of people who have not currently played end game content.

ASZSephiroth
04.14.2013 , 09:13 AM | #2
Aren't those called Flashpoints for a reason?

JimmyTheCannon
04.14.2013 , 02:31 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Alukardrasp View Post
I don't know about the rest of the community but I for one would like to see all operations offer a 4 man option, Raiding is fine but it turns the game into a chore having to log in at a specific time multiple times a weak and being dragged through progression. I know it would take some doing but i believe making a 4 man option would make the game more relaxed and enjoyable and it would also open the game up to a lot of people who have not currently played end game content.
Unless two of those four people are tanks, this would only work for EV.

Even then you'd have trouble on the pillars.

txpoodoo
04.14.2013 , 03:27 PM | #4
How about a Nightmare Mode Flashpoint.....would get about the same effect.

Alukardrasp
04.15.2013 , 01:02 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by ASZSephiroth View Post
Aren't those called Flashpoints for a reason?
Except for the fact that flashpoints are built to get you gear ready to start operations. Meaning you miss all end game gear, and yes i know you can smash out section x at every available chance but thats a far cry from the story driven content you get in operations

Alukardrasp
04.15.2013 , 01:03 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by JimmyTheCannon View Post
Unless two of those four people are tanks, this would only work for EV.

Even then you'd have trouble on the pillars.
True enough however you could stagger the tank fights having to defeat one then the other, and the same again for the pillars. So there are ways to accomplish this

Alukardrasp
04.15.2013 , 01:06 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by txpoodoo View Post
Yeah they could bring in hardmode flashpoints to possibly bring enhanced gear to non raiding players however they would still miss out on the end game story content like Soa. Ultimately i feel that if they were to bring in 4 man operations it would better bridge the gap between flashpoints and operations thus allowing more people to get into them and actually know what they are doing having some level of experience from the 4 man version leading into 8 or 16 man

JimmyTheCannon
04.15.2013 , 11:20 PM | #8
True enough however you could stagger the tank fights having to defeat one then the other, and the same again for the pillars. So there are ways to accomplish this
In most two-boss fights, if you kill one the other enrages - and most of them are designed in such a way that trying to tank both at the same time is fatal. Not to mention, one tank trying to AOE tank two guys is *not* going to keep aggro off the two DPS that are burning them down evenly if you're trying to do that properly.

Hylentor
04.16.2013 , 11:30 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by txpoodoo View Post
I love this idea. Would add some freshness to "hey, BT again..." At least for awhile.

Khevar
04.16.2013 , 11:49 AM | #10
What's stopping you?

I've undermanned operations several times. It's not a requirement to have a full group to enter one.