Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Yojacks new pvp build 2.0!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Trooper
Yojacks new pvp build 2.0!

Yojack
04.14.2013 , 01:00 AM | #1
http://www.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree-...0000000&ver=20

All I ahve to say is tactics is where its at......huge burst with shoulder cannon....10 secs of hold the line...almost unlimited ammo.....

See above in my sticky thread for more details!!
Yojack, once a dual warglaive wielding beta rogue of another time and space (WoW) now, reborn as a Vanguard!
The Bastion
Home of Yojack's Min/Max since 2004

Pilgrim_Grey
04.15.2013 , 06:35 AM | #2
I'm working on a Tactics Vanguard and was wondering about a couple of things anyway. Are Hamstring and Triumph not worth getting? I can see Hamstring being more of a PVP power, but it seems useful unless Battlefield Training keeps you moving fast enough already. Triumph, at the least, seems very worth checking out, but Power Armor's damage decrease seems nice as well.

quirez
04.15.2013 , 07:05 AM | #3
i kinda disagree with few choices of yours -

is the 2% dmg reduction worth losing the dps? i really doubt it will save you, and the 3% dmg to bleeding targets (so basically almost all your opponents) + 15% dmg to gut's bleed should be at least noticable

battlefield training does not stack with hold the line speed increase, and you need that speed only in certain situations (dont get me wrong - its usefull of course, but not needed)

id put that 4 points into Gut's improvement skills
Vairne - 55 Commando Healer
Temple Watch

The Progenitor

Pilgrim_Grey
04.15.2013 , 07:19 AM | #4
Should have linked this earlier, but here's what I was thinking for a Tactics build. Besides the above, I was mostly wasn't sure what to do with Containment Tactics and Tactical Tools. Cryo and Harpoon seem useful to recharge sooner, but I didn't think two points to get Harpoon down to 35 seconds was worth it, since Cryo is frequently useful. Ion Pulse gets back up reasonably fast as well, in my experience, but I haven't played it much with a Vanguard and my Commando is only in his 20s and uses it occasionally around healing.

Mozivicus
04.17.2013 , 03:08 PM | #5
Very glad to see you're still around Yojack!

CrygonFreeze
04.17.2013 , 07:34 PM | #6
Yojack! Not sure why I haven't seen you on the server, but would like some feedback from you on us Vanguards. I can understand why people be tripping with the nerf to AS. Yet, I love running Tactics, been running it for months now, but not sure if it's viable in rateds. What are your thoughts?

And I have a couple of thoughts concerning your skill tree and running Tactics:

--I don't agree with choosing Power Armor and Frontline Defense over Serrated Blades and Triumphs though. I don't think the 2% damage reduction is as useful as getting the damage increase on Gut, especially with it being first in the rotation.

--And what are your thoughts on min/maxing gear now? Obviously Power and Aim are vital, but where do you push your Crit and Surge rating to?

Thanks for the help you give us Vanguards, there might be hope for us yet! Still waiting to hit my first 1 mil game.

The Milleritis Legacy
X'ander
Crits and Giggles

Yojack
04.17.2013 , 11:08 PM | #7
Don't get me wrong, as im farming comms for the new exp gear....im still 90% of the time running my shield spec. But out in world pvp in makeb....the tactics tree is just so good for burst damage. Ion cell for guard and ez medals plus storm makes it too good to give up for warzones though.
Yojack, once a dual warglaive wielding beta rogue of another time and space (WoW) now, reborn as a Vanguard!
The Bastion

mjamal
04.21.2013 , 01:10 PM | #8
I really enjoy the Tactics playstyle for Vanguard PVP but I'm finding it underwhelming as far as DPS. Your build and mine is almost identical ..however when I'm caught 1 v 1 against a smash monkey class .. or even a sorc I can't defend myself or kill them as Tactics.

If your experience is different ... any advice would be appreciated

My build is below

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#80...MMRrRRkGGzZb.3

Yojack
04.22.2013 , 11:58 PM | #9
see my stickied thread to continue discussion, im going to let this thread die.
The Bastion