Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Digital Expansion: Rise of the Hutt Cartel is Live

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Digital Expansion: Rise of the Hutt Cartel is Live
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CourtneyWoods's Avatar


CourtneyWoods
04.13.2013 , 09:35 PM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
We’re thrilled to bring you the first Digital Expansion: Rise of the Hutt Cartel, available today, April 14, 2013. This Digital Expansion brings exciting new content to Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ including the new planet of Makeb, a new level cap of 55, and an epic storyline with fully-voiced cinematic conversations. Plus, you’ll discover exciting new technology devices, Macrobinoculars and Seeker Droid, which unlock valuable rewards and additional story-driven missions.

Read More
Courtney Woods | Lead Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

yoaktown's Avatar


yoaktown
04.14.2013 , 02:42 AM | #2
So excited to get home and play after my night shift is over! Just hit 50 Saturday morning so I can not wait till I step foot in Makeb on Sunday morning! Though I dont think it will happen....still have to finish my story quest first!
"So whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God."
1 Corinthians 10:31

yoaktown's Avatar


yoaktown
04.14.2013 , 02:51 AM | #3
Wow I have never been first on a forum!
"So whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God."
1 Corinthians 10:31

cpfuzzy's Avatar


cpfuzzy
04.14.2013 , 05:44 AM | #4
Sweet this is going to be fun!

lesharpeye's Avatar


lesharpeye
04.14.2013 , 07:37 AM | #5
I had acces to early time and cleared all the content with my 2 friends and we had all lot of fun doing makeb!
really worth the 10$
the only thing is im eager to continu lol and its already over
and please add the hutt cartel a operation
Clearly the best content from BIOWARE

Christ has died and he is RISEN! Can u show me something's better than that in all universe?

Eillack's Avatar


Eillack
04.14.2013 , 11:18 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by yoaktown View Post
So excited to get home and play after my night shift is over! Just hit 50 Saturday morning so I can not wait till I step foot in Makeb on Sunday morning! Though I dont think it will happen....still have to finish my story quest first!
Not to be a jerk, but you really need to lower you excitement level / expectations. You're going to be very disappointed otherwise.

This DLC was very lackluster and lazy.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

Delta_V's Avatar


Delta_V
04.14.2013 , 11:41 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Eillack View Post
Not to be a jerk, but you really need to lower you excitement level / expectations. You're going to be very disappointed otherwise.

This DLC was very lackluster and lazy.
Oh, look, I get to be that guy again. Were you yet another one of those people who expected a full $40-$50 expansion's worth of content for $10?

Just compare what we got for $10 to what you get in pretty much any other game for $10. I'd call it a pretty fair deal.

Eillack's Avatar


Eillack
04.14.2013 , 12:00 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Delta_V View Post
Oh, look, I get to be that guy again. Were you yet another one of those people who expected a full $40-$50 expansion's worth of content for $10?

Just compare what we got for $10 to what you get in pretty much any other game for $10. I'd call it a pretty fair deal.
Semi-assumed EAware wanted to look good. Guess I was wrong.

Sad that STO's free expansion will have much more than this DLC.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

beefyandbeef's Avatar


beefyandbeef
04.14.2013 , 04:11 PM | #9
I for one am personally loving the expansion so far and I haven't even finished yet!

The Heroic 4 quest's path to get to it is very creative with the pipes shooting you up, and the world is beautiful and awesome to ride a speeder around on with jutting edges out of the ground and cool looking pillars!


Totally worth the 10 bucks!!!
Roaric Level 50 Vanguard
Proud CE Owner
Semper est lux in tenebris-There is always light in darkness

Lewintelamon's Avatar


Lewintelamon
04.14.2013 , 05:11 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Eillack View Post
Semi-assumed EAware wanted to look good. Guess I was wrong.

Sad that STO's free expansion will have much more than this DLC.
STO's expansion will also offer a hell of a lot more than mere DLC and it's being published by a company whose entire business philosophy is true F2P, hence the reason that the expansion is free. (The only reason there is even a sub option in STO is to fulfill previous contractural obligations).
That which seems like a simple request to the player, often is a maze of red tape, approvals, and procedures to the developers.

Dead horse, meet stick. Stick, dead horse. Beating protocols now engaged.