Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

25 Max Missions needs to be increased to 50

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
25 Max Missions needs to be increased to 50
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

wainot-keel
04.15.2013 , 11:50 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey everyone,

We have seen a few requests since the launch of Rise of the Hutt Cartel for the Mission Log size to be increased above 25 and I wanted to explain why that limit is currently in place. The Mission Log, just like all other components of the game, directly affects a player's performance in game. The goal in limiting the log to only 25 missions is to help mitigate potential area server hitches and ability lag they may encounter. Simply put, players could see decreased game performance with a Mission Log larger than 25.

Hopefully that helps explain a bit why the limit is what it is. There are currently no plans to change that limit but it is something we will continue to monitor.

Thanks!

-eric
Well, how about only 10 missions top tracked at once (tbh, more than 5 and I get lost, lol ) and 50 on your log.
Do untracked missions still impact on performance ?

Dink
04.15.2013 , 11:57 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by wainot-keel View Post
Well, how about only 10 missions top tracked at once (tbh, more than 5 and I get lost, lol ) and 50 on your log.
Same thing I was going to suggest - limit the number that can be tracked, but increase the total in the log (not sure why the log would cause performance issues, but I can "understand" how tracked quests "could").
Rebuc Arisso ::: Major :::
Eternal Vigilance. :::
The 'Ideal Guild Quiz' :::

dscount
04.15.2013 , 11:59 AM | #43
Hey everyone,

We have seen a few requests since the launch of Rise of the Hutt Cartel for the Mission Log size to be increased above 25 and I wanted to explain why that limit is currently in place. The Mission Log, just like all other components of the game, directly affects a player's performance in game. The goal in limiting the log to only 25 missions is to help mitigate potential area server hitches and ability lag they may encounter. Simply put, players could see decreased game performance with a Mission Log larger than 25.

Hopefully that helps explain a bit why the limit is what it is. There are currently no plans to change that limit but it is something we will continue to monitor.

Thanks!

-eric
So let me get this right.. We just got this HUGE new Reputation and Achievements UI section, but can't increase an existing one? WOW.. just WOW..

How about making a NEW Section just for dailies or weekly's or long term or space missions to be mission log based?
Sage/Sorc Gate 2013 Combat DEV LOL Responses:
"...you must play defensively and make them pay for trying to kill you."
"...require a higher skill level than many players are comfortable with."

LarryRow
04.15.2013 , 12:00 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by wainot-keel View Post
Probably, since you can still make progress on untracked missions, so the game needs to keep tabs on that. What would work is a "pause" feature for missions where you take away even your ability to make progress on a mission. But I doubt they would do that because it would cause a storm of customer service QQ if someone, say, completed a hardmode Operation, but their weekly was paused.

Remember when having too many crafting recipes lagged people like crazy? They were able to fix that, but fixing this will probably be harder. It's absurd that the engine is so bad you can't have 35 active quests instead of 25, but we're stuck with it.

Meanwhile, we should probably advocate for creative solutions instead. For example, is there any reason I need to pick up that Hard Mode Operation weekly? Why can't I just get the rewards for it after the first hard mode operation I complete that week?
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

Coldin
04.15.2013 , 12:00 PM | #45
Hey everyone,

Thanks!

-eric
Ridiculous.

dscount
04.15.2013 , 12:05 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by LarryRow View Post
Meanwhile, we should probably advocate for creative solutions instead. For example, is there any reason I need to pick up that Hard Mode Operation weekly? Why can't I just get the rewards for it after the first hard mode operation I complete that week?
Good CALL - tie those to the LOCKOUT instead. That would be a GREAT IDEA actually that happened automatically. Move the WEEKLY ones to tie to the final boss instead and drop near equal on EACH of the bosses. Like Classic (EC, EV, KP) would have a weekly, but now it drops on each last boss. (Roughly same number so if people want to do all three ops they would have good reason)

Bioware you did this - Please FIX what you have released. Hard to believe nobody saw this coming with new Space Missions, New Ops, New Flash Points, New Cool Search & Digging Tools, etc.
Sage/Sorc Gate 2013 Combat DEV LOL Responses:
"...you must play defensively and make them pay for trying to kill you."
"...require a higher skill level than many players are comfortable with."

Iliac
04.15.2013 , 12:11 PM | #47
Hey everyone,

Thanks!

-eric
It just continues to amaze me how much could be done in certain games 10 years ago that can't be done in this new one. Someone really needs to have a look at their database optimization when a simple quest log causes latency issues. This has to be one of the top complaints I hear in game from people that are running pve missions.
"We live in a country that guarantees your free speech,
but it's not a country that guarantees anything you say is correct"
-Neil DeGrass Tyson

Leonick
04.15.2013 , 12:12 PM | #48
I'll just throw it out there but I must say I find that explanation incredibly hard to believe.

Why? Well because if tracking a couple of more missions would have such an impact on game performance shouldn't the huge achievement system with all the data it contains have had a similar effect, same goes for the codex which has to track what codex entries each character has.
My Characters on the Progenitor
Raiah - Jedi Consular (Sage), Nesalia - Smuggler (Scoundrel)
Guild: The Kestrel Minority

chuixupu
04.15.2013 , 12:19 PM | #49
To be fair, WoW won't increase their log over 25 either, and they have even MORE dailies. People have been begging them to raise it for years but they won't budge.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

burdyt
04.15.2013 , 12:24 PM | #50
HSimply put, players could see decreased game performance with a Mission Log larger than 25.

-eric
Then you have to cut down the mission number from 30-40 to 10.