Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

25 Max Missions needs to be increased to 50

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
25 Max Missions needs to be increased to 50
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Regentlord
07.09.2013 , 11:23 PM | #231
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
To be fair, WoW won't increase their log over 25 either, and they have even MORE dailies. People have been begging them to raise it for years but they won't budge.
There is a big difference. In WoW, achievements can give items, which are the things taking up most of the SWTOR log. If someone is working on those mount quests, thats like 5 slots gone right off the bat.

smilingbee
09.24.2013 , 01:29 PM | #232
Bumping this for attention. Just Makeb + GSI dailies on Makeb are like 15+ missions. Combine that with all the weeklies, operations, Ilum quest "First Strike" that cannot be abandoned, PvP quests, etc, we need more than 25 missions. It used to be ok before 2.0 when Makeb came along but it just doesn't work anymore.

AlienEyeTX
09.24.2013 , 01:31 PM | #233
This belongs in the Suggestion Box, if it is not already there. I would support.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
thank AlienEyeTX for being ridiculously good at this game:

-eric

Sol-Ra
09.24.2013 , 05:51 PM | #234
What gets me is based on the explanation stated, I should see better performance if I have little to no missions in my log, but I don't
Sol-Ra Mundari
{DPS Vigilance Guardian - 55}
REGULATORS
CE VIP SK

<Star-Gazers>
The Harbinger

The ability to speak does not make you intelligent. Now get out of here. - Qui-Gon Jinn Ep 1

Malastare
09.24.2013 , 06:10 PM | #235
Quote: Originally Posted by Sol-Ra View Post
What gets me is based on the explanation stated, I should see better performance if I have little to no missions in my log, but I don't
That's an incorrect assumption.

If the complexity is logarithmic, then you'd likely see very little difference in performance at lower mission counts. With situations like logarithmic time algorithms, developers often pick a limit based on the low end of the growth curve so that they can treat the growth as linear instead of exponential. That makes optimization easier and decreases the chance that users are aware of the performance curve.

If there was a framerate drop holding 25 quests, people would be whining incessantly. The number would be picked with the purpose of ensuring that there was virtually no difference in performance at 5 or 25 quests. Therefore, making the opposite assumption --that there is no performance issue because you see no difference between 5 and 25 quests-- is unfounded.

deltadt
09.24.2013 , 09:13 PM | #236
adding 5 extra mission slots should be a a given.

NeoWolf
09.24.2013 , 09:15 PM | #237
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey everyone,

We have seen a few requests since the launch of Rise of the Hutt Cartel for the Mission Log size to be increased above 25 and I wanted to explain why that limit is currently in place. The Mission Log, just like all other components of the game, directly affects a player's performance in game. The goal in limiting the log to only 25 missions is to help mitigate potential area server hitches and ability lag they may encounter. Simply put, players could see decreased game performance with a Mission Log larger than 25.

Hopefully that helps explain a bit why the limit is what it is. There are currently no plans to change that limit but it is something we will continue to monitor.

Thanks!

-eric
Couldn't you resolve that by having it NOT livetrack all 25 quests and instead only track the 5 or 6 quests in the quest tracker window at any time?

As lets face it not every quest picked up is done immediately, most sit in the log for a long time (ops, fps, weeklys etc..) the only actual LIVe ones whose data is likely to change is with the ones being done in the quest tracker.
THE HIDDEN CADRE

Mature, Casual, RP-PVE, GMT, English speaking, Social, forum use required

wainot-keel
09.24.2013 , 10:15 PM | #238
Quote: Originally Posted by NeoWolf View Post
Couldn't you resolve that by having it NOT livetrack all 25 quests and instead only track the 5 or 6 quests in the quest tracker window at any time?

As lets face it not every quest picked up is done immediately, most sit in the log for a long time (ops, fps, weeklys etc..) the only actual LIVe ones whose data is likely to change is with the ones being done in the quest tracker.
Yup, when I'm on my sniper on Hoth farming Tauntaun datapads, for example, if the game is doing any kind of calculation on account my character needing Denova Kephess hm to get the black mount, then it's horribly coded.

Rafaman
09.24.2013 , 10:35 PM | #239
Heh. I manage it at 25. Yes my log gets full from time to time, but running weeklies early in the week helps.

I guess my point is, if you don't hang on to every quest you may do some day, 25 is just fine.

BoltsTheBlue
05.02.2014 , 01:05 PM | #240
needs more mission slots