Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

◄Advertising Your Crafting is PAINFUL! We need Linkable Crew Skills!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
◄Advertising Your Crafting is PAINFUL! We need Linkable Crew Skills!

DkSharktooth
04.13.2013 , 11:47 AM | #1
[QOL Changes]
◄Advertising Your Crafting is PAINFUL! We need Linkable Crew Skills! We Need Crafting Macros!

When you want to advertise your crafting abilities in Trade Chat, you have to link each individual item you can craft over and over and over and over. This process is PAINFUL. VERY PAINFUL. Especially coming from a WOW player where you can make a macro that includes 1 link to your entire crew skill and it's contents. You don't have to re-open your crafting book every single time and scroll down to find each pattern and re-link it.

Let me walk you through the life of a BIG Crafter:
Let's say you have 10+ New Makeb patterns on a Cybertech that people can use and you are qued pvp while typing your Manual message in trade chat advertising what you can craft. You CANNOT copy paste this manual message because the links get removed for the item or material and become plain text like this: [Mythra] > [Mythra] This is the single most infuriating aspect of trying to make money as a crafter. If you get a warzone pop or group finder, your previous message saved in chat is cleared and you cannot use the command "Enter + Alt + Up arrow" to repeat your previously typed message.

Please make crafters life easier by allowing text only macros OR allow the entire crew skill to be linked with one click like in World of Warcraft.

LukePieWalker
04.13.2013 , 04:50 PM | #2
Very much needed!
“Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force.”

Jimvinny
04.13.2013 , 06:55 PM | #3
You know what would be even better? LESS advertising spam in gen. chat.

zzoorrzz
04.13.2013 , 07:20 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Jimvinny View Post
Agreed. But I also think crafters need to let somehow others know what they offer.

Maybe they should implement this into GTN terminals, so people could post there not only what they actually have for sale, but also what they are able to provide.

MGNMTTRN
04.13.2013 , 10:41 PM | #5
I have a proposal that might indirectly solve the OP's problem. I think we should be able to place buy orders; i.e. buyers could propose an item and price and put that order on something integrated into the GTN. Sellers/crafters could search through these orders and, ideally fill some orders. This would also reduce scamming; players would no longer need to give their mats to a crafter, and wait 2 hours and hopefully see some item returned. instead they could place an order and if a seller is able to fill the order, they'd lose their mats/money and receive the item they ordered.

Cryowolf
04.13.2013 , 11:26 PM | #6
Just let crafters sit in chairs with little signs about their wares.

Loved that in Aion.
Raisins--Scoundrel--The Harbinger

branmakmuffin
04.14.2013 , 12:12 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Jimvinny View Post
The OP did specifically mention trade chat, or was the OP edited after you made your post?

Arkillon
04.15.2013 , 01:02 AM | #8
Supported

Leonick
04.15.2013 , 01:35 AM | #9
Yes, linkable crew skills please! We can already view the schematics of anyone close to us, why you can't link it or see it for any (online) guild-member straight from the guild roster is beyond me, seems like an obvious extension of the functionality we do have.
My Characters on the Progenitor
Raiah - Jedi Consular (Sage), Nesalia - Smuggler (Scoundrel)
Guild: The Kestrel Minority

youne
04.15.2013 , 02:06 AM | #10
One of the cool things Galaxies had was people had their own buildings/stores to sell their wares. I think you could do something like that on the GTN as mentioned. You could list what patterns you had available for X credits per day or some such. List cost to craft certain recipes if mats provided, etc.