Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best Two PVP Classes?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Best Two PVP Classes?

crasiat
04.13.2013 , 09:41 AM | #1
In my opinion, the two best PVP classes are Scoundrels/Operatives' healers and Shadows/Assassins' tanks. You cannot beat stealth and vanish in PVP. A stealth class can defend a node longer than any other class while waiting for help, and you can always vanish, heal and go back to the fight again.

Additionally, Scoundrels/Operatives' healers are the most mobile healers. Their unlimited under 30% health instant heal combined with the other HOTs and moving around columns make them very hard to kill.

Shadows/Assassins' tanks have lots of tools, including pull, knock back, sprint, 10 meter range, decent damage, and that new teleport ability among others.

I am writing this because I would love to play a Sage in PVP but I get so frustrated when I get killed so fast. I rarely die with my Scoundrel's healer. I think all classes are balanced for PVE but in PVP the two above-mentioned classes rule.

Taerrik
04.13.2013 , 09:43 AM | #2
It depends on the role you want, different classes do best at different jobs
Pot5
High Council
Tae'vin~ Gunslinger

TheJackalistaken
04.13.2013 , 09:47 AM | #3
Combat sents and then maybe slingers? I'm not really sure about the second, nothing really sticks out to me as OMG SUPER OP. I think combat sents are a bit out of control at the minute though.
Rhaffus Firebug-Pyro
Nothing Personal-The Bastion

DarkPharohEclip
04.13.2013 , 09:54 AM | #4
Definately not sins.. I have a sin and an Op both lvl 50 atm until the actual release of 2.0 for the rest of us.

Ops may be pretty good for pvp imo.

The sin may aswell not even be a stealth class, they have no real stealth opener like the Ops have, then they get knocked out of stealth way too easy, and try to cloak during a fight , 9 times out of 10 you are gonna get outed anyhow.

I been playing my op since day one, and I am a seasoned pro at that class, I could just be a bad sin because I hardly ever play it.. but IDK it's def not easy for somebody just picking it up that is for sure.

MasterFeign
04.13.2013 , 10:11 AM | #5
Like others have said, it does really depend on the role you'd like to play.

Mercs/commandos got a noticeable buff. Smash is still hitting hard and if you have any two stealth classes attacking you while you are guarding a node solo, expect to die nearly instantly. Otherwise, if you call for help, via VOIP or chat, expect your health to be pretty low already.

Morpurgo
04.13.2013 , 10:30 AM | #6
Operative/Scoundrel and Assassin/Shadow. You need to have good reflexes though. Those subclasses are NOT for clickers and people with carpal tunnel.
Cake is a lie, there is only pie. Through pie, I gain calories.
Through calories, I gain bodyfat. Through bodyfat, I gain weight.
Through weight, my social life is broken.
The Thighmaster shall free me.

Rynis
04.13.2013 , 10:31 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by crasiat View Post
A stealth class can defend a node longer than any other class while waiting for help, and you can always vanish, heal and go back to the fight again.
I am an OP node guard.

mikeskirata
06.10.2013 , 12:01 PM | #8
i like the bounty hunter with mercenary because you already have the heavy armors then you get an extra blaster for extra damage, plus when you work with the healing abilitys, it becomes an all around character.

upzie
06.10.2013 , 01:53 PM | #9
I just finished lvling my sage - Been playing Assassin before hand. I miss the options stealth give in terms of ninja'ing things, but outside that I find that sages are a fine class that can perform very well, and got a good arsenal of tools to work with.

Heres two vod's from some streams I did while gearing to partisan, so keep in mind that I am pretty undergeared, I am by no means the best or even close at playing sage, but hopefully it can help you with your decision on wether or not to try out sage for pvp.

Vod 1 - http://www.twitch.tv/upzie84/b/414641798
Vod 2 - http://www.twitch.tv/upzie84/b/412452901
Upzie, Assassin | Disciples of Zdupz | Tomb of Freedon Nadd
I'm proberly better than you

Jorojus
06.10.2013 , 03:34 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkPharohEclip View Post
Definately not sins.. I have a sin and an Op both lvl 50 atm until the actual release of 2.0 for the rest of us.

Ops may be pretty good for pvp imo.

The sin may aswell not even be a stealth class, they have no real stealth opener like the Ops have, then they get knocked out of stealth way too easy, and try to cloak during a fight , 9 times out of 10 you are gonna get outed anyhow.

I been playing my op since day one, and I am a seasoned pro at that class, I could just be a bad sin because I hardly ever play it.. but IDK it's def not easy for somebody just picking it up that is for sure.
Sins don't need their stealth opener, but they do have one if you want one similar to operative, I don' t know the name but I hear the ability is best used as "stealth re-opener".

I haven't learned the class yet, just been derping around on it but I think its one of the harder classes to learn to get the full potential out of them.

With the big hits they do, in middle tree especially together with defense abilities, they are the best 1 v 1 / 1 v 2 spec currently imo. Nice class for the solo que-er.

Next to that operative healing.
The Progenitor
Shin'ju - Operative / Kor'n - Juggernaut / Lissa'nana - Sith sorcerer
Booya - Powertech Moderated swtor forum opening in 2014.
Wea_relegion_swtor