Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Cybertech] QT-10 Parts, Unable to RE, Bug? I just can't decide!?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Cybertech] QT-10 Parts, Unable to RE, Bug? I just can't decide!?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Broja-Lew
04.13.2013 , 12:13 AM | #1
So I make the green "QT-10 Parts" with the notion of reverse engineering as done with the lvl 50 droid parts. Only that's where things start going wrong.

Pop-up on mouse over says

Requires Cybertech (420)
Requires Advanced Armormech
Right-click to Reverse Engineer

I click reverse engineer button and the item doesn't light up. A Cybertech made piece can't be RE'd by Cybertech?

So I am wondering, Why does a droid part made by Cybertech require Armormech to RE? Or does it? as I can't figure that out. Is this intentional or is it a bug? Is it just me that's seeing this? The piece occupies a "clothing" slot so I can see why there might be a similarity to humanoid gear pieces which occupy the same positions.

I did sent it to an Armormech alt but as they are currently lvl 50 there's no indication yet for Re or not. Perhaps when they get a higher skill lvl they will be able to re it, will just have to wait and see on that one.

in the meantime will make some more of the new "9" and "10" droid parts and see if they are all like this.

Broja-Lew
04.13.2013 , 12:24 AM | #2
From this thread

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=624750

This

Quote: Originally Posted by gergod View Post
I have the same problem. The tooltip says in red: to RE I would need Armormech 440, The thing is, I have 450, it just doesn't seem to register it.

Another, even bigger bug is, that some item says I need Armormech 440 (this is in white so accepts my level 450), but I also need ADVANCED SYNTHWEAVING !?!??
Sounds like the same issue.

Kaistorm
04.14.2013 , 02:39 PM | #3
Same here, basically. I crafted a Lvl 52 Droid Part on my Cybertech and when I tried to RE it, the hovertext stated I needed Advanced Armormech. I sent the piece to my Armormech who has 450 Armormech skill and it would not RE at all, either. So I can confirm that the Droid parts are not RE'able by either a maxed Cybertech OR a maxed Armormech.

FragRockKnuckles
04.15.2013 , 11:56 AM | #4
I too have this same issue. So frustrating. How on earth could this have been overlooked. Please fix this fast Bioware.

I'm BACKWARDS. You flea-bitten furball!
Do or do not. There is no try!

Want 7 days free subscription and free items click my referral link HERE

FragRockKnuckles
04.17.2013 , 10:14 PM | #5
Is anyone else still having this issue? I'm not seeing anything about this bug being fixed anytime soon but Cybertech's are getting a rather raw deal at the moment.

I'm BACKWARDS. You flea-bitten furball!
Do or do not. There is no try!

Want 7 days free subscription and free items click my referral link HERE

SweetMegan
04.17.2013 , 10:53 PM | #6
I've had this issue as well. Sadly, I didn't realize this when I crafted them, and I went afk for about an hour.
I now have 25 of these in my inventory and I don't know what to do with them - they don't sell and I can't RE 'em. D:
Megan Issues Nicole
Begeren Colony

fylhuic
04.18.2013 , 12:05 AM | #7
Same here, was planning to post something myself, but im kinda glad to see its not in my head. It already didnt make sense to me, since u can only have one crafting skill at the time. But good to know its just another of the many many many many many (BIOWARE I HOPE UR NOTICING MY SUBTLETY HERE) bugs.

Stop putting new stuff on cartel market and FIX this now !!

LeonBraun
04.18.2013 , 12:08 AM | #8
I have the same problem also. Hopefully this gets fixed soon. Not sure if there is any official response to this issue yet.
Honalee - Guild Leader of Midnight Sunrise - The Harbinger Server

The Lightwarder Legacy - The Harbinger Server Honalee - Honaloo - Hona - Panidora
Spyce - Cadogan - Praksas - Ratigan

Nilrem
04.18.2013 , 11:53 PM | #9
Same here.
Drae'lin
Revenant Order
The Ebon Hawk

VigDiath
04.19.2013 , 12:50 PM | #10
I created 1 droid part (no use in creating what I can't RE) to see if I had the same issue. And sure enough, I cannot RE droid components that I created.

Edit: It says I have to have Armormech to RE this item.
Jedi Covenant (The Baltimore Legacy)
Laaron - 55 (Shadow Tank) Eulora - 55 (Sage Healer)
Madmartygan - 55 (Guardian DPS) Skylaadawn - 55 (Sab Smug)
Akon - 55 (Carnage Marauder) L'aron - 53 (Sorc Healer)