Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Red Reaper What is the correct way to do the first 2 rooms?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Red Reaper What is the correct way to do the first 2 rooms?

abokado
04.19.2013 , 05:24 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by MiddleDarkness View Post
You can walk past them.
Yeah.. but how often *can* you actually? I'm always the first to reach the elevator to signal everyone that you can actually walk past all the mobs and not have to fight them but, nope, somebody always pulls aggro. It's vexing.

SW_display_name
04.19.2013 , 12:08 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by MiddleDarkness View Post
You can walk past them.
This may be true in coordinated, or lucky PUG, groups. But usually, In my Group Finder groups, attempting to do this results in:
  • someone gets hit by Ion Cell / Death Field despite instructions to stay away from friendly NPCs
  • we're stuck in combat
  • do the pull anyway

or
  • run past first four
  • someone aggros the next 6 that run in through the hallway
  • and now we have no friendly NPCs in range, and it's chaos / wipe

or
  • the Marauder jumps on something despite being told not to attack anything
  • as always
  • because ~50% of Marauders are idiots who jump on everything they see

It's very hard to get Group Finder groups to follow instructions that don't include "and then use Force Charge and spam Slash". I find it's better to take approaches that make sense to random people ("We're going to kill this, here's how")... it ends up being faster. :p

Zombietroll
04.29.2013 , 09:59 AM | #13
I can carry this as a healer, but on my Sin tank I always had to resort to the wipe repeatedly method. Holding aggro on the mobs isn't hard, but finding someone that can heal you through it can be.
Cheezeburger - Jedi Covenant - 55 Operative Healer