Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Could you please take a look at PTS/Vanguard dps

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Vanguard / Powertech
Could you please take a look at PTS/Vanguard dps

Eskymojo
04.13.2013 , 06:43 PM | #21
You are a hybrid tank class, you should never have more dps than gunslingers and sents, but you were OP.....now correctly brought back to the pack and you start whining =/

Harden the f up ppl

The_FLIPmode
04.13.2013 , 07:11 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Eskymojo View Post
You are a hybrid tank class, you should never have more dps than gunslingers and sents, but you were OP.....now correctly brought back to the pack and you start whining =/

Harden the f up ppl
Sounds like you have no clue what a hybrid is.
POT5:
Turanor - Juggernaut, Turannor - Marauder, Turanar - Mercenary, Fl´ppy -Vanguard
Ele'anor - Powertech, Tyrannor - Sorcerer, , Tűranor - Gunslinger, Turanorr - Scoundrel

PoliteAssasin
04.13.2013 , 07:53 PM | #23
So how were PT's nerfed again? PTs on my server seem to be fine.
Manager of Basic Skills For A Better Society. We hand out <basic skill stim>s in PVP to those in need. A donation of 1000 credits can help maintain the basic skills of 10 players for a day. Thousands of Republic PVPers are in dire need of these stims. Head to your local Pub Fleet and donate now!

honkymonkey
04.13.2013 , 08:29 PM | #24
This is what the rest of community is calling karma.

Hediori
04.13.2013 , 09:36 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by honkymonkey View Post
This is what the rest of community is calling karma.
"This is me being a douchebag"

On a more serious note, the changes made to crit rating in conjunction with the gutting of TD/AP's frontloaded damage means there's even more emphasis on the gimmick of the Pyro spec (RS/HIB), but it's less effective. Not to say the up front burst can't be intimidating, with shoulder cannon negating some of the toned down damage output. It's just not competitive with the sustained damage of madness sorcs, the nuclear missle that is snipers or the persisting smash brigades.

I don't know. I'm fully on board with the notion that Pyro was excessively effective prior to 2.0, but surely there must be some middle ground between "I just got hit by a freight train" and "Ew, wet noodles".

I'm currently rolling with a 11/8/27 spec and I've assumed a more varied playstyle of assisting my pocket healer and dropping bombs on the designated focus target. It'll dish out a respectable amount of damage, which looks inflated on the scoreboard due to the number padding effect of Volatile Igniter. It just kind of seems at odds with the aforementioned focus on phasing out the viability of hybrid specs.

foxmob
04.13.2013 , 11:02 PM | #26

Harden the f up ppl
it's really difficult at times like this not to start attacking ppl cuz such ridiculous ***** emanates from their proverbial mouths. troopers are horrible tanks and now they're horrible dps. when they spec dps, they are ONLY dps. the only class with effective hybridization is the shadow, and they're probably the most powerful class in the game atm.

but let me invert the idiocy of your statement: sages, scoundrels and mandos should all do mediocre healing because they're a hybrid class that can also dps. right. thought so. go away, little man.
Quote: Originally Posted by Zoom_VI View Post
dealing over 50% of a target's health in a single GCD is just insipid in terms of quality of gaming experience.

Aetrus
04.14.2013 , 11:18 AM | #27
Except Sentinels always did more damage than PTs, in parses or focus-specced in PvP. And if you disagree either your rotation needs work or the sentinels on your server are trash. And good gunslingers always put up comparable numbers to PTs.

I'm not buying into any of this 'okay, PTs were a little OP in 1.7' thing, because they weren't. We did the best up front burst, and we had good sustained damage. The tradeoffs were we had zero mobility, poor CC and poor survivability. And that was fine with me. Because we were scary. There's no intimidation factor when Explosive Dart, TD and Flameburst (when it crits) all hit for around 3k, and Rail Shot rarely ever breaks 7k. Meanwhile Snipers and Lightning Sorcs deal more damage, more burst damage, have higher control, higher survivability, and do so from the safety of 30m or more away. Oh, and our other AC, Mercs, can 100-0 someone in 4 GCDs, sometimes with back-to-back-to-back 8k hits.

Ineedavacation
04.14.2013 , 11:26 AM | #28
/signed

There are so many problems with PVP 2.0 I am sure this will be lost among the many gripes that are ahead of it.

DarthSonneillon
04.14.2013 , 11:29 AM | #29
Punitive nerfs are the most immature and stupid thing devs can do in a game, but I can't help but feel that's what happened here. I'm not really sure why vanguards and powertechs were singled out so much when it seems the nerf bat was much kinder to smashers, and maras were untouched. Really, it's like you have to have a gimped unplayable class/spec after every adjustment you make, and you'd think after what you did with operatives back in the day you would have learned your lesson. Really, enjoy the massive drop in subscriptions due to your ignorance, EAware.

ausmisc
04.14.2013 , 02:19 PM | #30
I don't think any respectable RWZ team would take a DPS PT/VG when there are such better options now.

Pyro was all about great burst, but compensated by it being a glass cannon- in that it had no defensive/escape CDs like Undying Rage, no Instant-stealth, and was forced to fight in <10m unlike snipers, mercs and sorcs.

The changes did very little to compensate the spec for completely eliminating its burst. Improvement to Kolto Overload while nice, won't save you from the myriad of 7k+ hits that are floating around.. they also nerfed our main defensive option a bit by replacing our ability that could reduce shield CD with the flameshield one..

I agree and support the buffs to the merc/commando class, but I feel that buffing the other classes would have been enough. By nerfing the PT/VG at the same time they've simply switched the classes around and made us substandard DPS and Tanks that can no longer perform to the same standards as most other classes (when played by similarly skilled players)