Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Could you please take a look at PTS/Vanguard dps

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Vanguard / Powertech
Could you please take a look at PTS/Vanguard dps

tdevera
04.13.2013 , 03:35 PM | #11
/Agree as I have a vanguard and I would rather play any other class in PvP.

_jakofett_
04.13.2013 , 04:25 PM | #12
linked this thread into the general pvp forum to bring more attention
Jakofett - Jedi Covenant
Thrawn - Jedi Covenant

Akuryu
04.13.2013 , 04:34 PM | #13
Signed. While most other classes received a buff (even laughably overpowered ones like warriors), this class was needlessly gutted. No burst. Low sustained. Low survivability. Limited utility and team support. Perhaps the most heavy-handed nerf in this game's history, which is saying a lot. Anything a PT can do other classes can do better. I'd trade a powertech in for virtually any other DPS class.

ChaoticDynamite
04.13.2013 , 05:06 PM | #14
+1
l Iove my vanguard really really want to see a buff because as it stands right now were a joke.
If theres one thing SWTOR taught me about PvP is don't hope don't ever hope just start building up your tolerance level.

Lord_Oz
04.13.2013 , 05:07 PM | #15
Signed.

Here's the main issue I see with what they did. Clearly their intention was to bring burst down across the board with certain changes made to Rage/Focus and clearly what they did to the Pyro tree. The problem? Atleast for me, my Thermal Det > incendiary missile (if not burning) > rail shot > flame burst > rail shot combo relied on that Thermal det hitting for decent damage. It was needed to be able to kill Op healers and sorc bubble specs...now that thermal det is useless, it hits barely harder than explosive dart and the elemental dmg over 12 seconds is a joke. I've since gone 8-8-30 and am using explosive dart instead and it's a little better with the added fire damage, but still pathetic next to all the smashers.

Now, why with the talent nerfs in rage/focus is smash STILL hitting so hard? Because unlike Thermal Det ( A PATHETIC EXCUSE FOR A 36 pt TALENT), Smash is a baseline ability. And what did all baseline abilities get with the expansion? New ranks, thus Smash was in effect, not nerfed at all but buffed! Meanwhile TD was nerfed without giving us another rank of it. It's completely worthless...

I started leveling my merc to 55 now...should be there tonight...having heatseeker missiles hitting for 6-7k with the utility additions mercs got seems to be the way to go. Until they fix, at the least, TD, it's not going to be much fun playing my PT. Especially since it appears everyone else is on to the situation and I am getting constantly trained by knights/warriors in every WZ.
Peace is a lie...

Mozivicus
04.13.2013 , 05:10 PM | #16
No burst. Useless shield for DPS (unlike other classes). No self heals. No sprint.

Why would you take a DPS or tank ac and MAKE them choose tank? Why can we DPS anymore? I can't even DPS in PvE anymore. I'm full 63 BiS everything and my DPS went from 1a/1b to 4th. And that's not even a close race anymore. C'mon, really? There's no way that this can fly.....not when you let other classes literally do 8k hits still. Why did you single vanguards out?

Akuryu
04.13.2013 , 05:17 PM | #17
I remember awhile back a dev blog saying they wanted to make the "end-cap" abilities at the top of each tree very enticing. They don't like hybrids. Why then did you wreck Thermal Detonator so badly that NO powertech will ever take it?

Lord_Oz
04.13.2013 , 05:26 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Akuryu View Post
I remember awhile back a dev blog saying they wanted to make the "end-cap" abilities at the top of each tree very enticing. They don't like hybrids. Why then did you wreck Thermal Detonator so badly that NO powertech will ever take it?
If they truly pay attention to their in-game metrics like they claim they do, they'll be seeing quite soon a sudden and dramatic loss of both mercenaries and powertechs taking the thermal detonator talent out of pyro. Maybe then they'll take a look at it, but I'm not holding my breath.
Peace is a lie...

_jakofett_
04.13.2013 , 05:27 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Akuryu View Post
I couldn't agree more. with HIB being the only other heavy hit thermal detonator/ assault plastique should hit like a truck.
Jakofett - Jedi Covenant
Thrawn - Jedi Covenant

foxmob
04.13.2013 , 06:31 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Mozivicus View Post
No burst. Useless shield for DPS (unlike other classes). No self heals. No sprint.

Why would you take a DPS or tank ac and MAKE them choose tank? Why can we DPS anymore? I can't even DPS in PvE anymore. I'm full 63 BiS everything and my DPS went from 1a/1b to 4th. And that's not even a close race anymore. C'mon, really? There's no way that this can fly.....not when you let other classes literally do 8k hits still. Why did you single vanguards out?
to be fair, they're worse tanks.

I'm going to /unsign ...cuz that banksy guy's a bad!

hehe

j/k. my first toon was vg. make it gud. hell. screw pyro. make tactics gud. it just sounds better. vanguard tactics. oh yeah!

dun forget to rate the thread.
A legacy of meh
Krackerjšck/Krackerjak (VG/PT) | Krackerjack/Deinon (Mando/Merc) | Dežnon (Jugg) | other stuffs
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
TL;DR Bolster is meant to help entry level players, ranked PvP is not entry level PvP.