Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

55 Flashpoint tank gear drops

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Roles > Tanking
55 Flashpoint tank gear drops

WillLongstick
04.12.2013 , 08:48 PM | #1
Just asking how other people's luck has been. I've tanked over 15 of the new level 55 HM flashpoints since 2.0 dropped, and have had over 30 chances for Arkanian/Black Market gear to drop off the bonus boss and last boss. Yet, I've only seen one tank piece drop. Every other drop is for DPS (mostly Marauder, but I run with lots of Marauders).

Has anyone else been getting better luck with tank gear drops in the level 55 flashpoints? I recognize that I could just be on an unlucky streak, but the lack of drops is pushing me away from queing multiple times a day (and you know how DPS always complain about que times because of the lack of tanks).

TralyanSavo
04.13.2013 , 04:19 PM | #2
Though drops I have gotten my boots, pants, belt, bracer, implant and earpiece (had the same earpiece drop 3x). I bought gloves with my elite comms. I'd say I've run about 12 of the 55 HMs.

Its a lot of luck and the gear takes awhile to get (the FP's are going slower because everyone is lightly geared, only two pieces drop per, comms are slower to get, etc). One of the DPS on my raid team is already in 69s because he's had ridiculous luck.
Ryaffil (Shadow Tank, Main) - Ryaffia (Guardian) - Odinsun (Sentinel) - Mintass (Commando) - Ryaffam (Gunslinger)
Tralyan (Sorcerer) - Echeara (Juggernaut) - Cran (Mercenary) - Zobess (Operative)
Death Mark - The Shadowlands

Jossajus
04.13.2013 , 10:08 PM | #3
I've noticed this as well for the level 50 HM Black Hole drops. If there's a single Sentinel / Marauder in the group, he gets at least 1/2 the gear. One time I ran 3 HMFPs in a row and saw literally 8 consecutive sentinel drops.
"When you're happy, you enjoy the music. When you're sad, you understand the lyrics." - Frank Ocean

steave
04.13.2013 , 10:18 PM | #4
And at the same time, we had a streak where the only gear dropped was for our jugg tank 5 FPs in a row. Random loot is random.

WillLongstick
04.13.2013 , 10:25 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by steave View Post
And at the same time, we had a streak where the only gear dropped was for our jugg tank 5 FPs in a row. Random loot is random.
That's pretty much what I wanted to hear. Good to know at least some tanks are getting the drops.

verkerk
04.15.2013 , 05:13 AM | #6
I got 2 belts an implant, gloves and legs
Damek - Guardian Lirava - Sage Obarush -Commando Arleen - Sentinel
--SR--

Moestuin
04.16.2013 , 03:41 AM | #7
I've managed to be geared completely in tank gear in 3 days (69 mods). I have run a LOT of fps over the weekend to collect them all and sometimes I've seen 2 pieces fall in the same run and other times I did 10 rounds with no tank drops at all.

Its all the luck of the dice.

atschai
04.16.2013 , 04:45 AM | #8
Problem is, gear is rolled by advanced classes in the FP, not by roles. So if you bring your tank you can either get drops for one of your 2 DD trees or your needed tank gear. Contrary to healers who can use DD equip and vice-versa, DD gear is useless for you. Plus, most tank pieces I got had DD armorings on them. Thus gearing your tank via FPs takes at least twice as long as for DDs or healers.

Carousel_t
04.16.2013 , 05:24 AM | #9
been on 4 lvl 55 hm fps and got one or two drops for my tank.

Leafy_Bug
04.16.2013 , 05:32 AM | #10
| ran 12 FPS yesterday, I got nothing on my shadow tank. One of our guardian tanks did 2 runs, got 4 pieces including two nice implants. So i dont think shadow tank gear actually exists in flashpoints