Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Synthweaving] Best item to get MK-9 components?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Synthweaving] Best item to get MK-9 components?

DarthOvertone
04.18.2013 , 12:43 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by jgoldsack View Post
You are not mistaken. The best profession to make per MK-9 augment kit is artifice, which will cost half of anything else. The other professions need to be brought down to the artifice level.
This is what I've been doing. Using my Artifice toon to craft items for MK-9 component farming.
Alphanoob, Alpha-zen (among others) - Garbage S1 Champion
Ebon Hawk | Harbinger
SWTOR 4.3: It was good while it lasted. Thanks BW

Biggilus
05.25.2013 , 04:57 AM | #12
Which item?

Only shields and generators?

VigDiath
05.25.2013 , 06:19 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Biggilus View Post
Which item?

Only shields and generators?
yeah shields and generators are the only thing you can RE for components. Also Cybertech allows you to RE earpieces to get mk-9 components.
Jedi Covenant (The Baltimore Legacy)
Laaron - 55 (Shadow Tank) Eulora - 55 (Sage Healer)
Madmartygan - 55 (Guardian DPS) Skylaadawn - 55 (Sab Smug)
Akon - 55 (Carnage Marauder) L'aron - 53 (Sorc Healer)

Biggilus
05.25.2013 , 06:56 AM | #14
thought as much.
no cheapy option like belts these days :/

ah well shields and implants is the way for me

UltimateKrucible
05.30.2013 , 03:14 PM | #15
I did the math - it costs something like 490k to get enough mats to make 10 mk-9 augments kits.

Given that 10 kits sell for 800k on ToFN (My server), this is just anther nail in Synthweaving's coffin.

And whose idea was it to make thermal regs only avialable from slicing, when Synths reccomended gathering skills are archeology and Underworl Trading?

Broken, broken, broken.
. Shine on, you crazy pixel.

Funny post! The nine circles of SW:TOR PvP hell

AlixMV
05.31.2013 , 03:47 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by UltimateKrucible View Post
I did the math - it costs something like 490k to get enough mats to make 10 mk-9 augments kits.

Given that 10 kits sell for 800k on ToFN (My server), this is just anther nail in Synthweaving's coffin.

And whose idea was it to make thermal regs only avialable from slicing, when Synths reccomended gathering skills are archeology and Underworl Trading?

Broken, broken, broken.
Well, when the game dropped, Augment crafting didn't even exist. They were added on to Synthweaving, Armormech, and Armstech later down the road. Archaeology and Underworld Trading are still the recommended skills for Synthweaving because everything they make requires Archaeology components; Blue and Artifact require UT mats. Except for Augments, which are a fraction of their available schematic pool.

I'm not sure why the grouchiness against those skills. It just means needing an alt who Slices or *gasp* interacting with the rest of the economy to acquire that tiny subset of mats.
~ < Fortitude > ~ Jedi Covenant ~
Referral link
Sollyni ~ Diyanna ~ Annifryd
Ydris ~ Mai'ty'lee ~ Jazhi

Boejakka
06.10.2013 , 09:46 AM | #17
Bring this back up Synthweaving needs something similar as Bio-chem and artifice. This is ridiculous.

IIIGinoIII
06.10.2013 , 10:01 AM | #18
Cybertech too is a good way. If you RE level 54 headsets it will cost only two Mythra, four Turadium, and two Tricopper Flux.

Lanja
06.10.2013 , 11:35 AM | #19
The obvious thing to do to help Sythweavers, Armormechs and possibly Armstechs is the one thing BW will never ever ever do - give us the ability to craft and sell custom designed orange modifyable shells (and RE static items within our craft's purview to learn an empty orange version of that look). While this makes a lot of sense in terms of revitalizing those crafts by tapping into players' desires to customize their characters' appearance, it would have too much impact on the current way to customize - via the Cartel Market.

Oh and isn't it odd that the two crafts that make armor aren't the crafts that make armoring mods? ...just saying.

Khevar
06.10.2013 , 11:41 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by IIIGinoIII View Post
Cybertech too is a good way. If you RE level 54 headsets it will cost only two Mythra, four Turadium, and two Tricopper Flux.
This all the way.

I actually managed to craft a full stack of 99 augment kits by RE'ing earpieces on my Cybertech, then mailing the components over to my Synthweaver.