Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Synthweaving] Best item to get MK-9 components?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Synthweaving] Best item to get MK-9 components?

Beltane
04.12.2013 , 03:39 PM | #1
Pre-2.0, for the MK-6 augment kits, I used to RE Dark Synth Belts to get the MK-6 components, because the belts only took 2 of each material. In 2.0, the only items I can craft that drop MK-9 components when REed take 6, 8, 10 of each material...

Am I just overlooking something obvious or am I really going to have to spend about 120k in resources per MK-9 augment kit...?
--=[ Omar Syndicate ------ Click here to get a free character transfer, XP boosts and more!
Ebon Hawk | Heavy Sith RP
IG: Beltane

jgoldsack
04.12.2013 , 03:54 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Beltane View Post
Pre-2.0, for the MK-6 augment kits, I used to RE Dark Synth Belts to get the MK-6 components, because the belts only took 2 of each material. In 2.0, the only items I can craft that drop MK-9 components when REed take 6, 8, 10 of each material...

Am I just overlooking something obvious or am I really going to have to spend about 120k in resources per MK-9 augment kit...?
You are not mistaken. The best profession to make per MK-9 augment kit is artifice, which will cost half of anything else. The other professions need to be brought down to the artifice level.
On the Internet, you can be anything you want. It is strange so many people choose to be stupid.

http://www.swtor.com/r/ycmWN7 <-- link for some free stuff!

Beltane
04.12.2013 , 04:07 PM | #3
Ugh, that's gross. Thanks for the reply though!

What do you make to get the MK-9s as artifice? I have a 400 artifice I haven't touched since hitting the cap--I can always fix that lol.
--=[ Omar Syndicate ------ Click here to get a free character transfer, XP boosts and more!
Ebon Hawk | Heavy Sith RP
IG: Beltane

DarthTexas
04.12.2013 , 05:09 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by jgoldsack View Post
You are not mistaken. The best profession to make per MK-9 augment kit is artifice, which will cost half of anything else. The other professions need to be brought down to the artifice level.
BioChem can get them for similar cost as Artifice as well with implants.

Covenant of the Phoenix - Galactic Republic PvE
Official Site - Recruitment Post

Zaxem
04.13.2013 , 04:14 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTexas View Post
^ what this guy said
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.-Through passion, I gain strength.Through strength, I gain power.Through power, I gain victory.Through victory, my chains are broken.The Force shall free me 55 Juggernaut55 Assassin 50 Sniper 55 Mercenary50 Guardian55 Marauder

PerinnAybara
04.16.2013 , 11:51 AM | #6
How can biochem get mk-9 compoments? I don't see any level 55 implants.
Character: Mathrim Cauthon, 50 Mercenary on Prophecy of the Five

tortcat
04.16.2013 , 11:58 AM | #7
level 54 items will give you the mk-9 parts

Khevar
04.16.2013 , 02:50 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTexas View Post
Yep. Also, Bio can farm mobs and nodes on Makeb but Artifice can only gather from nodes.

I would say that Bio is king of MK-9 Augment Components at present.

tahyri
04.16.2013 , 08:36 PM | #9
I too was shocked at the cost of the MK-9 components, roughly 90 crystals and 90 fragments for 10 components. I'm wondering if the material cost is bugged. Doesn't make sense for a belt to take as much as a chestpiece to craft. For now, like others have said I'm using biochem or artifice

AMulls
04.18.2013 , 08:17 AM | #10
Yeah, this threw me off as well.

Anyone know the best thing for Artifice to craft for them?