Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I don't get it when dudes play as Twi'leks in MMOs...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
I don't get it when dudes play as Twi'leks in MMOs...

Tsillah
04.12.2013 , 08:30 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by combatgoat View Post
Yes, those of us that have seen that same thread pop up on mmo forums for decades now and who have developed a sense of humour over the years find this kind of thread at least slightly amusing.
Apparently, must be a wow thing. Luckily humour is subjective or I might think you were trying to insult me ^^
Et In Gehenna Vixi...

galadimana
04.12.2013 , 08:34 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Pscyon View Post
Excellent question.

They should let us play Jawas instead. I could totally relate. I like technology and wearing hoods all the time.

It's probably coincidence.
I would love to be a PC Jawa. As long as my character spoke in Jawanese (??) all the time.
Shadowlands Server. Mellow Company guild.
City of Heroes was my only other MMO. RIP, thanks to corporate stupidity.
Maybe we can build a COMMUNITY on the forums and in the game.

Yoshiru_Airken
04.12.2013 , 08:43 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by galadimana View Post
I would love to be a PC Jawa. As long as my character spoke in Jawanese (??) all the time.
^this
Prophecy of the Five --- The Corton Legacy
Kirraleth - Lvl 55 Sage Healer
Titonius - Lvl 55 Scoundrel Healer
Zatayre - Lvl 55 Mercenary Healer

Drebs
04.12.2013 , 08:47 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
I see what you mean. Yet another uninspired pointless thread then. Thanks for explaining that to me. I suppose someone thinks this is funny or something.
It's actually not pointless. The biggest problem with troll threads is they sometimes get too much attention, and it starts to look like an actual issue to the community. Clearly, men playing female toons is not an issue--someone was just trying to stir the pot. Trolling the troll is like stirring the pot in the opposite direction--it uses humor to negate the false importance created by the original troll thread.

Is that clearer? These are some advanced trolling tactics, but try to follow along and you'll eventually catch on.

Tsillah
04.12.2013 , 08:55 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Drebs View Post
It's actually not pointless. The biggest problem with troll threads is they sometimes get too much attention, and it starts to look like an actual issue to the community. Clearly, men playing female toons is not an issue--someone was just trying to stir the pot. Trolling the troll is like stirring the pot in the opposite direction--it uses humor to negate the false importance created by the original troll thread.

Is that clearer? These are some advanced trolling tactics, but try to follow along and you'll eventually catch on.
well, I get how it works, but I think it seems pointless to me because it doesn't affect me in that way. But I see your point and that it might affect most people, thereby giving it meaning. I will certainly admit that I consider myself a bit of an eccentric and not representative of what is considered "normal"
Et In Gehenna Vixi...

branmakmuffin
04.12.2013 , 09:16 AM | #26
This is coincidence?

The other thread starts like this:

Why?

Sure the view of the back is nicer, but how can you relate?

That is EXACTLY the same text, just the title is different.
The color's different, too.

AlexDougherty
04.12.2013 , 09:18 AM | #27
I don't get it when people play as humans in an MMO.... After all you see humans everyday.

PS. there have only been two Star Wars MMO's so the not getting it isn't huge, it's not like not getting why people play as elves or dwarfs.
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.

SentinelDranoel
04.12.2013 , 09:42 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Amelyssan View Post
Why?

Sure the view of the back is nicer, but how can you relate?
+10
You made me laugh out loud. Good one.
and the Force beat generic Swords and Magic any day. 8/26/14 That was my old signature but after RotHC, I went back to superheroes and swords and magic. Now waiting on Dragon Age and a SWTOR story expac for my Bioware fix

Darth_Moonshadow
04.12.2013 , 09:44 AM | #29
So I can Lekku slap ignorant people.

*slaps OP*

You asked.
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post

And I love Darth Moonshadow's responses.
B

Amelyssan
04.12.2013 , 09:50 AM | #30
I see what you mean. Yet another uninspired pointless thread then. Thanks for explaining that to me. I suppose someone thinks this is funny or something.
haha you didnt catch the joke and instead youre grumpy now?

Internet kids, cant satisfy them no matter what!
Your story may not last forever; but it will exist forever.