Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Mercenary Arsenal/Pyro DPS Guide 2.x (PVE) by ODawgg

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Commando / Mercenary
Mercenary Arsenal/Pyro DPS Guide 2.x (PVE) by ODawgg

odawgg
04.12.2013 , 11:31 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Aerro View Post
Let me know how that goes. Before, it was like 98% uptime and higher for a DPS increase, but... if it gives us a noticeable heat dissipation, then the DPS increase won't show correctly, but we'll know its for the best.
Ok Herewego. I took this data from this parse log:

http://www.torparse.com/l/154474

put it into a spreadsheet, figured out the total uptime/downtime of Critical Reaction:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...sZ2VuZHc#gid=0

Head down to the bottom of the spreadsheet, there's the following data:

05:45.7 Total Downtime
14:49.5 Total Uptime
20:35.2 Total Time of Parse

Which leaves an "average" alacrity boost of 3.16% when you combine critical reaction and the 1% static alacrity from System Calibrations. Now granted, this is with 197 crit, which gives an extra 3%ish crit, let's say that doesn't affect the average alacrity to a great deal, it's still above 2% static from doing 2pts in system cal. It's also better than if you put 2pts in Crit Reaction and had 100% uptime (which isn't the case of course).

Edit: Also note that before it was 2/4% for System cal and 5% for crit reaction whereas now it's 1/2% and 3% respectively...I think they made this change specifically because crit had been lowered. the 3:1/2 ratio is much better now than the previous 5:2/4...increasing the effectiveness of crit reaction given the same crit %.

So, logic tells me that even if it's spuratic with a roughly 70-75% uptime for critical reaction, the average alacrity should be what's most important? Especially since alacrity doesn't even hurt our heat anymore like it previously did. If I'm mistaken on that, someone can plz shed some light given this data. I know there's old pre-2.0 data regarding this on one of the MMO forums, but there's too many pages for me to look for it right this moment.

Kale
04.13.2013 , 05:17 AM | #22
Hi odawgg!!!

I really enjoyed of your guide and i would ask to you if it's a problem if i make a translate for my guild members.
Obviously with direct link and credits to you.

Regards

odawgg
04.13.2013 , 01:09 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Kale View Post
Hi odawgg!!!

I really enjoyed of your guide and i would ask to you if it's a problem if i make a translate for my guild members.
Obviously with direct link and credits to you.

Regards
Go for it! Glad you found it helpful

odawgg
04.15.2013 , 12:42 PM | #24
This isnít groundbreaking news or anything, Iím certain others have already discovered this, in fact I think I stumbled upon a youtube video once that demonstrated it, but it didnít originally sink in for me. I did some further research on the effect of using Power Surge in a normal rotation/priority system. It's something I've suspected to be of minimal gain but I wanted to verify. I've taken snippets from a log both with using power surge for TM and/or FM and without.

I wanted to share this because I know a lot of mercs try to incorporate this ability into their rotation, at the very least into their opener (myself included here).

39:16.155 Captaincoke gains Power Surge.
39:18.199 Captaincoke activates Tracer Missile.
39:19.651 Captaincoke activates Electro Net. Time (s) between activations = 1.452

39:21.146 Captaincoke activates Fusion Missile.
39:21.146 Captaincoke loses Power Surge.
39:22.543 Captaincoke activates Tracer Missile. Time (s) between activations = 1.397

39:23.976 Captaincoke activates Tracer Missile.
39:25.482 Captaincoke activates Rail Shot.Time (s) between activations = 1.506

40:09.841 Captaincoke activates Tracer Missile.
40:11.348 Captaincoke activates Tracer Missile. Time (s) between activations = 1.507

41:39.273 Captaincoke activates Power Surge.
41:39.494 Captaincoke activates Tracer Missile.
41:40.886 Captaincoke activates Tracer Missile. Time (s) between activations = 1.392
41:40.887 Captaincoke loses Power Surge.
41:42.278 Captaincoke activates Tracer Missile. Time (s) between activations = 1.392
41:43.696 Captaincoke gains Barrage.
41:43.700 Captaincoke activates Unload. Time (s) between activations = 1.422

Times between activations using Power Surge are in Yellow and times while not using Power Surge are in Cyan. As you can see, there is very little difference in time between activations whether your using it or not when itís an ability that is has a standard cast time of 1.5s, making it really unnecessary. This is because the std GCD is right about 1.5s anyway.

HOWEVER, there is one gain you can receive from this, and it is when you heat is either at or very near zero. This includes your very first ability casted in your opener (Tracer Missile). Why? Because it makes your ability hit instantly instead of at the end of the cast and begins your heat dissipation during the GCD. For example take this opener:

1. TM
2. TM (could be any other abilityl, this is just an example)

By the time the cast or GCD is finished on the second ability, youíve generated 32 heat and dissipated 7.5 heat (since the TM doesnít generate heat until the end of the cast and thereís only 1.5s has gone by at the end of the 2nd ability) = 24.5 heat

Now take this opener:
1. Power Surge + TM
2. TM (if power surge is talented for 2x, this will also be surged, but makes no difference due to the previous claims)

Now you will still have generated 32 heat, but have given 3s of heat dissipation (15 heat), so youíre at 17 heat at the end of these two casts instead of 24.5.

This is very small gain, but thought Iíd throw it out there for ya guys. It may not even be worth using in the opener, you may want to save it for instant casts when youíre on the move or need to avoid a potential pushback on the cast or a knockback interrupting the cast altogether (or my personal favorite, using it as a def cd type ability pairing it with Rapid Scan for 2 quick self heals). My overall point though is itís only going to give you a significant gain in a stand still rotation when your heat is at or very near zero.

Happy Hunting!

TrixyTwo
04.16.2013 , 01:49 AM | #25
Still trying to figure out base stats on 55 now.

So lets say i want
100/110 accuracy = 448 rating ?
75% surge = 450?

Havent seen any one make a guide on what pref base stat shold be now? You run with low mutipler? why?

MVaglin
04.16.2013 , 04:35 AM | #26
You want accuracy as close to 100% as possible. Iirc that means you'll want 6 pieces with accuracy on them. That'll get you to just below 100% in Arkanian, and just above in underworld.
http://www.thecircle-guild.com

Akash - Operative Monzcarro - Mercenary
Erekose - Marauder Shatiro - Assassin

Pyrotech Mercenary PvE Guide

TrixyTwo
04.16.2013 , 05:05 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by MVaglin View Post
You want accuracy as close to 100% as possible. Iirc that means you'll want 6 pieces with accuracy on them. That'll get you to just below 100% in Arkanian, and just above in underworld.
Since i dont have the numbers per item , what is that . 440 rating or more?.

Im rly just aafter how much rating you need for softcaps.

100acc
75 surge

Holinyx
04.16.2013 , 08:14 AM | #28
my crit is about 18.5% and i'm having no trouble at all killing 20k health champions on makeb in just a few seconds. usually Unload, Heatseeker, Railshot , and then whatever I want to use to finish it off. i'm in full 66 gear. 72s will be insane, I love it
Not all Bounty Hunters die screaming like a 4 yr old girl.

odawgg
04.16.2013 , 12:13 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixyTwo View Post
Since i dont have the numbers per item , what is that . 440 rating or more?.

Im rly just aafter how much rating you need for softcaps.

100acc
75 surge
Unfortunately we don't have the stat pool even in full Underworld gear to hit soft cap for surge after hitting 100% accuracy. In Arkanian gear, you'll need 6 pieces of gear with Accuracy to hit a 432 rating of accuracy (99.7%), leaving 288 rating in the remaining 4 pieces of surge (67.61%).

As you replace them with Underworld gear, you'll hit 474 acc rating (100.48%) and 316 surge rating (68.62%).

even though ur not hitting the soft cap in surge, getting accuracy to 100% for ranged and 110% for tech still takes priority. These are the first tiers of gear in 2.0 so as they add new tiers, we'll start hitting the caps we want to.

odawgg
04.16.2013 , 12:30 PM | #30
Also guys, take the Relic info in the guide with a grain of salt atm...It's still questionable which ones are better...the tooltips on the relics have confusing wording compared to Dread Guard relics and more testing is needed. That goes for the power vs. crit argument right now as well...Keren is working on updating his simulator to help hash out these theories...Help Support!

http://mmo-mechanics.com/swtor/forum...76-page-3.html