Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Mercenary Arsenal/Pyro DPS Guide 2.x (PVE) by ODawgg

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Commando / Mercenary
Mercenary Arsenal/Pyro DPS Guide 2.x (PVE) by ODawgg

odawgg
04.12.2013 , 11:42 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by tanerb View Post
this is great stuff. I am a new player at level 29 and do not have things like heat seeker missiles and power surge. I am using this rotation now. is anything wrong with this?

explosive dart
tracer missile
unload
tracer missile X2
rail shot
fusion missile
I don't see any problem with that at least for an opening sequence...I leveled my BH back at launch and I was clueless so I don't remember what I did, but that looks fine...

I might remove Power Surge from my opener anyway...TM/FM have 1.5s casts and the GCD is about that anyway...really not saving time, but I just get anxious waiting for cast lol...better to save it for on the move to get instant casts off or in a health pinch with Rapid Scan

odawgg
04.12.2013 , 01:25 PM | #12
Update: Changed build to 6/36/4 from 5/35/5. It's what I used on PTS and since heat regen is fixed with alacrity, this is best.

Aerro
04.12.2013 , 02:29 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by odawgg View Post
Update: Changed build to 6/36/4 from 5/35/5. It's what I used on PTS and since heat regen is fixed with alacrity, this is best.
Why is this the best to be specific? With our extra emphasis on NOT taking crit, why would we grab a talent that revolves around a stat we won't have a lot of? Its great for Tracer Missile, but if that talent doesn't have an uptime of 98% or more, its a DPS loss.
Arsenal DPS Guide
One of the leading Mercenaries in a World Progression Guild.

paowee
04.12.2013 , 03:38 PM | #14
I've been LoA the past week from the game and wasn't there during your HM SnV clear... but, the ~2700 parse looks like it was achieved using the BiS Underworld MH. My question is is this a general standard as far as Merc DPS capabilities go or is it a "lucky parse"? Using Arkanian~ish gear on the PTS and the lower grade 2.0 MH, it took a couple of tries before i was able to pull before 2700 as a Hybrid Sniper.

I'm leaning towards this being one of those lucky parses... :-\ because that is JUST 100 DPS behind Anni Marauders which are pulling 2800 DPS in the PTS with 2.0 BiS MH..

2800 Anni Marauder - http://www.torparse.com/a/171179/tim...970/0/Overview
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

odawgg
04.12.2013 , 04:27 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by paowee View Post
I've been LoA the past week from the game and wasn't there during your HM SnV clear... but, the ~2700 parse looks like it was achieved using the BiS Underworld MH. My question is is this a general standard as far as Merc DPS capabilities go or is it a "lucky parse"? Using Arkanian~ish gear on the PTS and the lower grade 2.0 MH, it took a couple of tries before i was able to pull before 2700 as a Hybrid Sniper.

I'm leaning towards this being one of those lucky parses... :-\ because that is JUST 100 DPS behind Anni Marauders which are pulling 2800 DPS in the PTS with 2.0 BiS MH..

2800 Anni Marauder - http://www.torparse.com/a/171179/tim...970/0/Overview
Always trying to stir the pot my brotha I should clarify though that this is the max parse I got on the PTS, I did surpass 2700 several times in a 5 minute window (this is the time required by the DPS thread Gyronamics was maintaining), but 2727 was my absolute highest. Our goal on that thread was to push the limits of every class as much as possible. If I had to put an average to it, I would say around 2600-2625 is a good guestimate, but I'm trying to show what the Arsenal is capable of at that gear level. Just as u did with your sniper, and as our boy Gorband did with the Annhi Mara :P

Also to clarify what a 72 MH does, at least with the gear I had surrounding it, it added about 25 dps compared to the 69 MH

Overall point is though, we'll compete with snipers and mara's in 2.0 just fine.
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=615432

Aerro
04.12.2013 , 06:09 PM | #16
Also, I used to run the 'Double Dipping' build back in 1.7, but with changes to crit being terrible I thought that it would not be viable anymore. However, after further reading that the heat dissipation/Alacrity was fixed, I'm happy to hear that I can continue once again with this build!
Arsenal DPS Guide

odawgg
04.12.2013 , 06:15 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Aerro View Post
Also, I used to run the 'Double Dipping' build back in 1.7, but with changes to crit being terrible I thought that it would not be viable anymore. However, after further reading that the heat dissipation/Alacrity was fixed, I'm happy to hear that I can continue once again with this build!
Yeah I've been friggin' going back and forth on the alacrity build...I intend to settle it once and for all by thoroughly analyzing some extended parses I did back on PTS. I'm doing it as we speak, I'll be able to figure out the total uptime of critical reaction and from there see what gives overall highest alacrity. TBC.....

Aerro
04.12.2013 , 06:16 PM | #18
Yeah I've been friggin' going back and forth on the alacrity build...I intend to settle it once and for all by thoroughly analyzing some extended parses I did back on PTS. I'm doing it as we speak, I'll be able to figure out the total uptime of critical reaction and from there see what gives overall highest alacrity. TBC.....
Let me know how that goes. Before, it was like 98% uptime and higher for a DPS increase, but... if it gives us a noticeable heat dissipation, then the DPS increase won't show correctly, but we'll know its for the best.
Arsenal DPS Guide

Slicksteezin
04.12.2013 , 09:15 PM | #19
Hey guys,

There's other good guides out there, but I've created my own as well. Mercs are looking good in 2.0 and I spent quite a bit of time on the PTS with mine. This guide is assuming you know the basics at the very least but want to bring it to another level. So far I've finished the DPS portion, which lets face it, is what peeps really want to know .

It's on my guilds website, I don't believe you'll be able to post on the guide's thread itself, but feel free to post your questions & feedback right here. I'll be completing the suplemental sections in time, but this should be a good launching point.

Link: Mercenary - Arsenal 2.0 PVE Guide

Here's a dummy parse from the PTS if you'd like to disect it, I'll post more as I gear up now that it's live. 2727 DPS

Gear included full Arkanian and included an Underworld MH. I used the highest tier reflex augments, reusable stim and adrenal:
(To the best of my remembrance)
6/36/4
Aim~ 3100
Acc~ 432 (99.7% / 109.7% Tech)
Power~ 1200
Crit~ 197 (26% / 26.5% Tech) *Possibly not the way to go, but I was experimenting
Surge~ 295 (67.9%)

I'm certain there will be several changes as we learn more, your input is welcome!
Nice post from a fellow merc.

One thing i've been playing around with a lot more since 2.0 hit is our crit rating. We've been given some insane burst buffs and i'm noticing a lot higher critical hits that are making it worth it. Right when the class changes went live, first thing i did was go to the ops dummy to see some of the class changes without gear change. With the same gear i noticed HSM went from critting (rarely) at 6.8k to constant 7.5k-8k HSM>Tracer crits. I find the biggest overall buff we got is the insta heat stack off of one tracer :O

I'll post more as i find out to help with imput
Gallasiso - Arsenal merc
Frimen - Sorc heals
Harbinger server

Here in SWTOR, everything seems to break. Except the Cartel Market.

odawgg
04.12.2013 , 10:48 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Slicksteezin View Post
Nice post from a fellow merc.

One thing i've been playing around with a lot more since 2.0 hit is our crit rating. We've been given some insane burst buffs and i'm noticing a lot higher critical hits that are making it worth it. Right when the class changes went live, first thing i did was go to the ops dummy to see some of the class changes without gear change. With the same gear i noticed HSM went from critting (rarely) at 6.8k to constant 7.5k-8k HSM>Tracer crits. I find the biggest overall buff we got is the insta heat stack off of one tracer :O

I'll post more as i find out to help with imput
Thank you buddy,

Yeah this is another thing I'm not sold on (the all power, 0 crit). There's a lot of factors and math that aren't easily seen on the surface....I can't prove it yet, but hoping someone comes out with a simulator...every time i tried to go all power on the PTS my dps dropped...now...was that just peak dps? or was it sustained dps that went down? IDK, way too difficult with RNG for mercs to just run a 30 minute parse and get the sustained dps. You need thousands of parses to find a legit average.

@Keren! If you're reading, can't wait for your 2.0 simulator, the pre-2.0 one was fantastic.

P.S. I'm loving the new TM QoL buff as well