Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Mercenary Arsenal/Pyro DPS Guide 2.x (PVE) by ODawgg

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Commando / Mercenary
Mercenary Arsenal/Pyro DPS Guide 2.x (PVE) by ODawgg

MVaglin
05.27.2013 , 07:55 AM | #101
Wasn't that on the first cycle on the PTS pre expansion, and was fixed a couple of cycles down the line? I don't recall anyone saying that alacrity right now isn't working as it should. Could have missed it I suppose.
http://www.thecircle-guild.com

Akash - Operative Monzcarro - Mercenary
Erekose - Marauder Shatiro - Assassin

Pyrotech Mercenary PvE Guide

odawgg
05.27.2013 , 03:29 PM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by AMightyKnight View Post
Any thoughts yet about the Kell Dragon gear? Looks to me we still need the same amount of accuracy enhancement for 99.98% or something. What about crit rating? It still shouldnt hurt to get it to 100 IMO.
And what happened to them saying alacrity was not working as intented atm and would be modified? Anyone got a chance to test it yet on the PTS?
Yup just need 5 of each, here's a sneak peak at BiS for when 2.2 hits

BIS 2.2

As far as I know Alacrity is working fine now...it's not a horrible stat, but just not as good as going with 5 acc pieces and 5 surge pieces.

AMightyKnight
05.27.2013 , 10:59 PM | #103
Looked it up, the alacrity issue was actually something they said regarding Knights/Warriors during the Cantina event:
Quote:
Knights/Warriors: The thought process behind alacrity was that if GDC decreased then the player could not only attack faster to increase dps, but it would also decrease the cool down on rebuilding focus/rage as well since alacrity doesn't recharge "energy" for that class like other classes. They realize it's not working as intended and are working to fix that.
Is there a chance that they remember we have the Cell Charger ability? Dont think so.

odawgg
05.28.2013 , 11:27 AM | #104
Knight about crit rating, yeah 100 is just fine, power is pretty much equal to crit up to around 150 crit. If you get the time to replace it you can, not imperative.

Aerro
05.29.2013 , 02:56 PM | #105
Grats on the sticky btw. About time they actually sticked a thread. My old old old thread back around 1.3 had thousands of views but every time we requested a sticky they ignored it haha.
Arsenal DPS Guide
One of the leading Mercenaries in a World Progression Guild.

AMightyKnight
05.29.2013 , 04:24 PM | #106
Tomorrows patchnotes
Quote:
•Pre-Game Update 2.0 gear that had the same set bonuses (or affected the same abilities) as Post-2.0 gear no longer stacks the bonus effects. The first set bonus placed on the character will take affect but the second one will not.

Noooooo

Flying-Brian
05.29.2013 , 04:41 PM | #107
Well since we are losing the 2x2 set bonus, guess it's time to start pushing for the old 4 piece bonus to be brought back then.

odawgg
05.29.2013 , 05:06 PM | #108
Tomorrows patchnotes

Noooooo
I don't even know what to say or think, except that I'm very sad about this. What Flying-Brian said...I think it's time we band together and create a new petition thread to bring back old set bonus for new tiers or at least make up for the damage loss somewhere...With how many tracer missiles we use in boss fights this was a significant help for us. sad face x infinity.

Quote: Originally Posted by Aerro View Post
Grats on the sticky btw. About time they actually sticked a thread. My old old old thread back around 1.3 had thousands of views but every time we requested a sticky they ignored it haha.
Ty buddy, yeah it's really cool they stickied it, now i don't have to bump it anymore haha. There needed to be an easy access thread for arsenal that doesn't get burried in the other mumbo jumbo, now we got one. Happy face but negated by sad face x infinity from above!

JimmyTheCannon
06.01.2013 , 11:18 PM | #109
Is there a chance that they remember we have the Cell Charger ability? Dont think so.
Every class, save Inquisitors (to my knowledge) have an ability like that. Bounty Hunters/Troopers have Vent Heat/Cell Charger, Warriors have Enrage (I forget the Knight version), Imperial Agents have Adrenaline Probe. That's still balanced and doesn't necessarily need to be affected by alacrity.

Khevar
06.02.2013 , 12:28 AM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by JimmyTheCannon View Post
Every class, save Inquisitors (to my knowledge) have an ability like that. Bounty Hunters/Troopers have Vent Heat/Cell Charger, Warriors have Enrage (I forget the Knight version), Imperial Agents have Adrenaline Probe. That's still balanced and doesn't necessarily need to be affected by alacrity.
Cell Charger, as an ability, is unique among the other class' resource skills, in that it gives a flat regen to ammo. The closest thing would be Foxhole for Slingers.

For Mercs the ability is called Terminal Velocity.

It is vastly different from Vent Heat / Recharge Cells, which is an activated ability on a cooldown.