Help me understand....

Chimerako

If walked on a basketball court having never played or practiced the game why would I expect to beat someone who played everyday? I don't mind evening the PvP field but this seems out of wack. Nobody thinks you should be able to run nightmare mode ops with out any practice or gear so why is PvP so different? Could you imagine a f2p player being able to run nightmare mode @ lvl 30 in green gear?

Bolster applies to lvl 55 but it seems at some point there should be a rule where gear matters a bit more, not nearly as much as before but noticable. Back to the basketball analogy do you think two equally skilled players one dressed in sneakers and shorts and the other in dress shoes and tight skinny jeans would be able to play at the same level? We have ops gear that actually makes a difference in game play and what would happen if the bosses in all ops posted on the forums QQing that they keep getting beat by geared players. It's a fine line but there must be a way to balance gear and skill.

Also what the heck did they do to the BH/Vans? OMG we almost had competitive PvP with all specs but you couldn't help yourself lol you still had to screw one. I'm not even QQing about that. I found it utterly hilarious that they are currently worse than pre 2.0 commandos.

Edited by Chimerako

If walked on a basketball court having never played or practiced the game why would I expect to beat someone who played everyday? I don't mind evening the PvP field but this seems out of wack. Nobody thinks you should be able to run nightmare mode ops with out any practice or gear so why is PvP so different? Could you imagine a f2p player being able to run nightmare mode @ lvl 30 in green gear?

Bolster applies to lvl 55 but it seems at some point there should be a rule where gear matters a bit more, not nearly as much as before but noticable. Back to the basketball analogy do you think two equally skilled players one dressed in sneakers and shorts and the other in dress shoes and tight skinny jeans would be able to play at the same level? We have ops gear that actually makes a difference in game play and what would happen if the bosses in all ops posted on the forums QQing that they keep getting beat by geared players. It's a fine line but there must be a way to balance gear and skill.

Also what the heck did they do to the BH/Vans? OMG we almost had competitive PvP with all specs but you couldn't help yourself lol you still had to screw one. I'm not even QQing about that. I found it utterly hilarious that they are currently worse than pre 2.0 commandos.

Worst analogy ever. Basketball takes practice, conditioning and natural athletic ability, not equipment, unless you want to argue shoes...

Hakeem torched Shaquille O'Neal with shoes they sold at K-mart. It wasn't the shoes...

BTW here is Jordan doing a standstill reverse dunk in slacks/casual clothes, and schooling a slam ball player AT AGE 46.

Please don't talk about basketball. Jordan would prob school you at age 60, because of god given ability.

Edited by biowareftw

there you go....using logic and common sense. That's not going to go far, lol...

You're absolutely correct. The expectation that someone should have the same, or nearly the same, capabilities and stats as those who have invested much time and effort into PvP and the associated gearing is ludicrous, as evidenced by the ridiculously broken system they've tried to implement.

Oh, they'll tweak it here or there, but the basic premise is flawed and that's why so many hoops have to be jumped through to even get it close to something respectible.

there you go....using logic and common sense. That's not going to go far, lol...

You're absolutely correct. The expectation that someone should have the same, or nearly the same, capabilities and stats as those who have invested much time and effort into PvP and the associated gearing is ludicrous, as evidenced by the ridiculously broken system they've tried to implement.

Oh, they'll tweak it here or there, but the basic premise is flawed and that's why so many hoops have to be jumped through to even get it close to something respectible.

If you think that was logic? Then you are devoid of it.

A better analogy with actual logic would be this...

I have a formula 1 race car, and you have a Yugo. Let's race. When I win? I will call it skill.

In 2.0? If I play more I have a Corvette, and you have a Camaro. Do I still win? Most likely, but it is going to be a good race.

Edited by biowareftw

If you think that was logic? Then you are devoid of it.

A better analogy with actual logic would be this...

I have a formula 1 race car, and you have a Yugo. Let's race. When I win? I will call it skill.

In 2.0? If I play more I have a Corvette, and you have a Camaro. Do I still win? Most likely, but it is going to be a good race.

I cant tell if its hilarious or pathetic .

You think you have a good logic and its obviously broken and when I mean broken, I mean you can type acceptable things but you are unable to see the truth about what real logic is aka the OP.

You think you have a good logic and its obviously broken and when I mean broken, I mean you can type acceptable things but you are unable to see the truth about what real logic is aka the OP.

What truth. Please explain it to me?

All my chars are min maxed. It wasn't an epic achievement. I didn't have to work near as hard as I did being a good ball player when I was younger. I didn't get any better, my gear got better. When I played basketball it was a steady incline, with a ceiling that I was limited with the day I was born. That included height, strength, coordination, quickness, vision.

In lowbies pre 2.0? If I have a twink with 1000 base dmg and 500 bonus dmg with augments/biochem, and you have 450-500 base dmg and 200 bonus dmg and 1/3rd less health?

What chance in hell do you have of beating me. None. Zero. The same chance as the yugo beating the formula 1 car in a race.

The car analogy is the only one that fits. If you are in a dps race and one hits twice as hard (has twice as much horsepower) guess which one is going to win.

The OP has no clue about basketball, and probably never even played it. Prob worked on his post for hours. It was trash, it contained no logic, and it contained the worst freakin analogy I have ever seen.

You go practice basketball 24/7. Let me know when you can beat Jordan at 1 v 1 at age 50...

You and the OP don't know jack about basketball or logic. You probably think Lebron is the GOAT because ESPN/ABC/Disney tells you so, and you respect the "journalism" of a company that airs the games it covers. Of course they are going to tout the current product as the "best". You are an idiot if you believe that, and you are a even bigger idiot if you think the basketball analogy was a good one lol.

Edited by biowareftw

That's because the OP is illogical. The OP states that because he had no life and grinded hours and hours for gear, he's automatically better than anyone who never played by virtue of skill. But, if that were true, the OP would not be here crying because of what happened to the gear. He'd still be out there steamrolling bads left and right. Sounds like the OP was another victim of "I'm not as good as I thought I was". It's a disease which causes someone who is bad, to think they are good because their gear enables them to slap around less well-geared opponents who, in actuality, may be better than said victim of the disease.

That's because the OP is illogical. The OP states that because he had no life and grinded hours and hours for gear, he's automatically better than anyone who never played by virtue of skill. But, if that were true, the OP would not be here crying because of what happened to the gear. He'd still be out there steamrolling bads left and right. Sounds like the OP was another victim of "I'm not as good as I thought I was". It's a disease which causes someone who is bad, to think they are good because their gear enables them to slap around less well-geared opponents who, in actuality, may be better than said victim of the disease.

^ Ding, ding ding!

The above poster just got 450/450 in the Logic profession.

OP was told by the Logic NPC that he needs to drop his 1/450 in analogy skill before he can learn the logic skill.

Edited by biowareftw

That's because the OP is illogical. The OP states that because he had no life and grinded hours and hours for gear, he's automatically better than anyone who never played by virtue of skill.

Thats the huge separation about this new Bolster system, people think since they had top gear then they should be able to roflstomp people ungeared.

There is those that think gear > all, and won't listen to nothing else.

It's like telling a rich man that some people value a dollar made, instead of a dollar earned.

And despite everyone saying "skills beats all," these skills that everyone are talking about are driven by artifically bolstered stats that actually give them an advantage. Don't see that as skill in any way. I call that a handout.

The bottom line is that in "fixing" things..in implimenting this great, "fair" solution, BW breaks another thing each day