Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Question about Authenticator

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Question about Authenticator
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

vertigo_
04.11.2013 , 12:54 PM | #1
If I have a phone authenticator right now, would it be possible to get a physical one instead? I've heard stories that if you remove an authenticator from your account that you can't get another. I'm wondering how that would impact getting a physical one; whether it would cancel the one on my phone and apply the physical one, cancel the one on my phone and I can't have one any more, or they would both be synched to my account and display the same number. Any idea?

Jandi
04.11.2013 , 12:57 PM | #2
You have to get it removed from your account by calling them directly IIRC. It's the only way.

vertigo_
04.11.2013 , 12:58 PM | #3
I'm not asking about getting it removed, I'm asking about whether it is possible to switch from a phone authenticator to a physical authenticator.

ninjonxb
04.11.2013 , 12:59 PM | #4
You can only have one authenticator of any time (1 phone or 1 physical)

It is 100% false that if you remove your authenticator you will not be able to add another one.

F2P may think this because they are now allowed to have authenticators. But if you add one while unsubscribed you are grandfathered in and you can keep it on. But not add another one.

Edit: There is no "switch" functionality. You will have to remove the digital (phone) one and then add a physical one.
Free goodies (referral link)
Thank you Bioware for adding in Same Sex Story Arcs .^.
How I feel reading the SWTOR forums http://i.imgur.com/tCp90.gif
SWTOR Calendar of Events(Forum Post)(Google Calendar, iCal, Twitter)

vertigo_
04.11.2013 , 01:01 PM | #5
Would I have to cancel the phone one before I order a physical one? Or is there a certain activation process I go through once I've received the physical one and it doesn't matter?

Jandi
04.11.2013 , 01:01 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by vertigo_ View Post
I'm not asking about getting it removed, I'm asking about whether it is possible to switch from a phone authenticator to a physical authenticator.
Yeah, i meant that you have to get the phone one removed, sorry. Too focused on trolling angry people in other threads.

ninjonxb
04.11.2013 , 01:02 PM | #7
I don't think you will have to remove the mobile authenticator before you can order one. However you will definitely have to before you can activate it. And you activate it the same way you activated the mobile one. On your account page.
Free goodies (referral link)
Thank you Bioware for adding in Same Sex Story Arcs .^.
How I feel reading the SWTOR forums http://i.imgur.com/tCp90.gif
SWTOR Calendar of Events(Forum Post)(Google Calendar, iCal, Twitter)

Elegances
04.11.2013 , 01:02 PM | #8
You can remove them(mobile keys)(and readd them) from the site now, so I would guess you can add a phys one.
Why they have not advertised this, I do not know, but there you have it.
https://account.swtor.com/user/security-key

EricMusco
04.11.2013 , 01:03 PM | #9 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
You will only be able to have one authenticator on your account at a time. However, we recently added a bunch of "self help" options to our website which will allow you to removed your own authenticator (if you wanted to switch to a physical one, for example). You would simply need to remove your mobile authenticator and then add your physical one.

I hope that helps. You can find more info on our self help here.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

vertigo_
04.11.2013 , 01:19 PM | #10
Thank you!