Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lack of Healers in Flashpoints

McCamper
04.11.2013 , 11:46 AM | #1
Anyone notice this?
I play a Commando DPS/Healer on the server Jedi Covenant.

Whenever I queue as a Healer I immediately find a group, whenever I queue as a DPS it either takes an hour or not at all. I've been playing this character for a few weeks now and I have only been in a group with a healer (I was DPS) twice.

Do people not like playing a healer in flashpoints?

I can see it being frustrating since I've only had a few good groups (tanks kept aggro and dps took out adds), while most groups I'm healing myself because tanks either don't use the right form/cell or dps choose to focus boss rather than get the mobs off the healer.

wainot-keel
04.11.2013 , 12:01 PM | #2
Queing up for heals with my Commando or my Sorcerer on Red Eclipse can take around 5-10 minutes. Insta pop is not common. When I queue with my Jugg tank what is rare is not an insta pop.

If I queue with my mara, oh well... lol... I do that while I gather materials on planets or stuff like that. I hate being idle on the fleet.

lironBD
04.11.2013 , 01:18 PM | #3
on red Eclipse I'm an healer for l55 missions and the greatest lack is tank.
I did 3 55 FP last night and each time I got same player as a tank lol.
Europe -> The Red Ecplipse
Oracans-> Sith Pureblood Inquisitor Sorcerer

http://www.swtor.com/r/NP7bNn \ Buddy invite

ELRunninW
04.11.2013 , 01:36 PM | #4
You most often wait longer for a tank, but sometimes the wait time is similar for heals and tank.

Soxbadger
04.11.2013 , 01:52 PM | #5
Yep as a tank its almost instant pop, as a healer its usually a slight wait.

I was queing a lot of hm flashpoints, but I hit comm cap in 1 day so not a lot of incentive for me, especially when I que Lost Island 3 times in a row, which is pretty much the most annoying flashpoint for a healer. Right now its just not making a lot of sense to pug que with Lost Island in the mix.

AggieKasten
04.11.2013 , 02:06 PM | #6
As a tank, I instapop almost every time, even if I only join the queue for a single flashpoint.
Viscerous-Hoc - Sith Assassin (Darkness) - Jedi Covenant
Daltharum - Jedi Sentinel (Watchman) - Jedi Covenant
Rayben - Imperial Sniper (Marksmanship) - Jedi Covenant
Napott - Commando (Combat Medic) - Jedi Covenant

mikebevo
04.11.2013 , 02:43 PM | #7
Have 2 over 50 healers now and I am working on 2 more (50 and 39 now). Healers are usually instant to a 5 or 10 min pop. If I hit it at a busy server time.

My dps has become instant pops too, I just que with a guy that has two tanks and two dps. He ques with me on my healers and his dps and I que with him on his tanks and my dps. If he isn't around I just heal.

However, I do not heal because of fast flash points, I heal because I like it. It isn't for everyone, but I find it the easiest role to play. I love my infil shadow and my watchman, but not over my sawbones and operative.

bsbrad
04.11.2013 , 02:50 PM | #8
Tanks are in short supply in the 55 bracket at the moment, prolly cause it is a pain levelling a tank and most tanks have DPS'es that they have levelled first.

I know if I queue my healer (5-10 mins is usual), Tank (<5 mins), DPS (>30 mins)
N'abi
Harbinger
The answer is easy the question is not....oh who am I kidding!!!.

DarthMat
04.12.2013 , 06:18 AM | #9
I only made 1 DPS and rarely play him at endgame because it takes way to long to queue for flashpoints and operations. I just switch between my 2 tanks and 2 heals now. My wait times are usually about 5-15 minutes.
Vyyk 55 Sniper The Shadowlands
Aerea 55 Sorceror
Vexasi 55 Assassin
Mutatio 50 Juggernaut

verkerk
04.12.2013 , 07:13 AM | #10
most of the time i get an instant group on my guardian(tank) but i have to wait if i que as a healer on TOFN
Damek
Rebel Dream
ToFN