Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2.0 Classic Comms and the Old Elder Gear

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Atramar
04.16.2013 , 08:02 AM | #51
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

Matthiusis
04.16.2013 , 10:37 AM | #52
Hmm well apparently the whole SWTOR gaming community complaining about the weekly cap doesn't matter- or for that matter the customer satisfaction of anyone involved with SWTOR. The Weekly Cap is still in effect, after the fact that a senior designer has sated in this thread that it will be removed in an upcoming update.

Aurojiin
04.16.2013 , 06:37 PM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by Matthiusis View Post
Hmm well apparently the whole SWTOR gaming community complaining about the weekly cap doesn't matter- or for that matter the customer satisfaction of anyone involved with SWTOR. The Weekly Cap is still in effect, after the fact that a senior designer has sated in this thread that it will be removed in an upcoming update.
1. It is certainly not the "whole" SWTOR community complaining. Not even close.

2. Then you elevate it to encompass "anyone" involved with SWTOR. Wow. Get real.

3. Maybe, just maybe, making a technical change to the game actually takes time, given things like a client-server infrastructure, patch delivery, internal change management, etc, etc.

Seriously, get a perspective check. They've said they're going to remove the weekly cap, and they will. You can survive another week. You can survive several more weeks quite easily, in fact.

When people treat minor issues this way you begin to see why developers are reluctant to interface with their community or try to improve their game.
Aisev -:- Seer Sage Si'ki -:- Darkness Assassin

EricMusco
04.17.2013 , 04:04 PM | #54 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey folks!

As a followup to Jesse's post I wanted to give an update on Classic Commendations along with some other changes coming very soon! Here is what will be changing this coming Tuesday in Game Update 2.0.1:
  • Planetary Commendations now have a maximum cap of 100 (up from 50).
  • Classic Commendations now have a maximum cap of 1000 (up from 400).
  • Classic Commendations no longer have a weekly cap.
  • Basic Commendations now have a maximum cap of 1000 (up from 600).
  • Basic Commendations now have a weekly cap of 500 (up from 300).
Thanks!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Coldin
04.17.2013 , 04:13 PM | #55
Hmm. That's some really big cap raises.

Basically tells me that the reason the original caps were there was so players wouldn't go into Update 2.0 with a bunch of classic and planetary commendations.

Kaidan_Samurai
04.17.2013 , 04:32 PM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaidan_Samurai View Post
So what happens to the comms that were lost in the conversion? If the cap is being removed should I not receive my full conversion value? (Not to mention all the people who spent their comms before 2.0 because of the cap.)
And now my post is correct. I thought I was mistaken once, but I was wrong.
Kaidansan 55 Mercenary
Kåen 51 Powertech | Shokunin 50 Operative
Inäri 55 Sorcerer | Anayama 50 Marauder .
The Samurai Legacy (50) on Jedi Covenant

JimG
04.17.2013 , 04:38 PM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by Coldin View Post
Hmm. That's some really big cap raises.

Basically tells me that the reason the original caps were there was so players wouldn't go into Update 2.0 with a bunch of classic and planetary commendations.
It was pretty obvious they were going to need to raise the caps....although some people were jumping off of ledges over this. But the changes doesn't necessarily indicate that the caps had anything to do with players stacking comms for the 2.0 conversion. More likely, they didn't anticipate how fast players can rack up commendations when they play 15-20 hours per day. Just like their estimates for how long it will take players to burn through new content, they continually underestimate the amount of time some people will actually spend every playing the game every day.

Master-Nala
04.17.2013 , 04:39 PM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks!

As a followup to Jesse's post I wanted to give an update on Classic Commendations along with some other changes coming very soon! Here is what will be changing this coming Tuesday in Game Update 2.0.1:
Thanks!

-eric
Glad you're not going up too much on Planetary comms. I need a check on my hoarding!

DAMossimo
04.17.2013 , 07:40 PM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks!

Thanks!

-eric
While I would like to see caps removed completely for subscribers, I can definitely live with these much more reasonable restrictions.

Thank You for listening to the community's concerns regarding this issue.

Saregon
04.17.2013 , 08:33 PM | #60
Now put the Tionese/Columi/Rakata armor shells on the vendors and I'll be happy. I never got my agent to 50 before the expansion launched so he never got his ninja gear.
Master Saregon - 55 Jedi Sage
55 Jedi Shadow | 55 Jedi Guardian | 55 Gunslinger | 55 Scoundrel
55 Sith Assassin | 55 Mercenary | 55 Sniper | 55 Operative

N e v e r . F o r g e t