Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

people not playing heroic on Ilum?

zzoorrzz
04.11.2013 , 01:40 AM | #1
From my experience, it's never an issue to find a group in BH or section x. But on Ilum, it always takes time to find somebody willing to do the heroic even though it's the only 2+ quest of the 3 mentioned. Anybody has a theory why?

slafko
04.11.2013 , 02:14 AM | #2
Pugs aggro like crazy and wipe the team in seconds.

Danylia
04.11.2013 , 03:05 AM | #3
(Imperial Side)
1) It's not part of a Weekly
2) It's not part of a Weekly
3) Even when 2+, it can be brutal. Especially because the elite spawn is random, and if you get 2 Jedi Shadows and your teammate has no CC/gear/heals/skill the wipe is imminent.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rafkin View Post
Last nights group finder was a mess. The short version is that two of the people were really bad but the tank was pretty good. After we called it I asked the tank if he wanted to queue up with me. He said "I'm eleven and I have to go to bed".
The one guy who knew what he was doing was eleven years old.

Atramar
04.11.2013 , 03:38 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by slafko View Post
Pugs aggro like crazy and wipe the team in seconds.
Sometimes it's better to solo then to do a bad pug... last week, a sage using project+saber attack only! wanted to 'joint forces' on h2+ with me. When I refused, he was hittin my mobs, breaking mezzes.. other person actually called me a noob for doing heroics solo, not wanting to joing with him...
swap instances FTW
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

LarryRow
04.11.2013 , 07:43 AM | #5
Because it's really easy to solo once you get decent gear?

And because it's faster to ignore it than find someone else to do it with.
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

Frog_brains
04.11.2013 , 07:59 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by LarryRow View Post
Because it's really easy to solo once you get decent gear?

And because it's faster to ignore it than find someone else to do it with.
once you learn the mission very easy to solo, don't even need great gear. just before the expansion when you reached lvl 50 and got your free gear you should be able to do it, gear yourself in the pvp gear, use the tionese coms for your companion and your good to go. cc the gold guy if you can or let your comp aggro them, make sure you kill the healer first then the other strong, nuke the gold, repeat 3 times get your reward

abokado
04.11.2013 , 09:12 AM | #7
Because there are not a lot of people doing the Ilum dailies, to begin with. And even though I like to do them for some quick cash I rarely do the heroic. Why should I? I would have to look for someone to partner up with, to wait for them to show up and since I only do dailies while in the GF I don't group up anyways.

Graddaz
04.11.2013 , 09:15 AM | #8
solo it gogogo

arkitip
04.11.2013 , 09:25 AM | #9
Time vs. reward.

The reward is simply not worth the time investment.

mikebevo
04.11.2013 , 09:41 AM | #10
I do it, but I just like killing stuff.

Normally I solo it, but at least on the republic side, Frog_Brains is correct, gear is not a factor with either my knight, shadow or my trooper. Watchman just burns without CCís, while using interrupts and defensive cooldown including Unity. Trooper and Shadow CC the Gold and burns the others, extremely easy. Sawbones now can do it easy, even aggro another mob, but she had to get gear before being able to solo it.

If you are not able to solo it, then just do the other missions while asking for a group. I have been known to do it more than once in a day because someone was nicely asking for help in general chat, but not getting any replies. I know others do the exact same thing. We may not volunteer right away, but if I see someone ask 3 or 4 times (not all together, I whisper asking if they found someone, if not I go).

On the imperial side I have an Operator (healer too). Iíve soloed it, but it is way more dangerous and fun. There though I do look for help first before starting the quest.