Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Empire and aliens!


Asphixus's Avatar


Asphixus
04.11.2013 , 11:50 AM | #11
In the First Strike series of missions on Ilum Darth Malgus fascination of using aliens to bolster the Empire finally reveals itself, so much so, he and the Moff get in an argument over this topic. The player has the choice to support either Malgus or the Moff, I consistently supported Malgus (mainly because Malgus is a war hero and looks like Sith lord should and who can support some twerp with a whiny voice).
Consider as well that some of the earlier flashpoints, Hammerstation in particular, the player has the option to convince Malgus to enlist the very aliens the party has just defeated. Fast forward to the two FP's Battle for Ilum and False Emperor and if the player supported Malgus and a less xenophobic Empire there is no reward for it, insomuch as the game does not recognize it. So if you supported on a consistent basis a less xenophobic Empire you still end on the side of the current regime, thus you fight against the very thing you support.

SithKoriandr's Avatar


SithKoriandr
04.11.2013 , 11:51 AM | #12
I did see the Cathar quest Empire side, though if I recall that one correctly, it can go another way.

Haven't run Ilum on any of my 50s (4 of them, with 3 of them being Empire side) so I guess that could be it.

However, the Lore for the Empire has always been down with aliens for the most part, but I guess eventhe Empire can make exceptions.
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

maxetius's Avatar


maxetius
04.11.2013 , 12:21 PM | #13
The Emperor encouraged it. He is dead and irrelevant. Most of the Dark Council is also dead or irrelevant, with the sole exception being Darth Marr, who is basically a low key version of Malgus and holds the same ideas. [doesn't care what you are as long as you get the job done]

So yeah it changed.

BradTheImpaler's Avatar


BradTheImpaler
04.11.2013 , 05:21 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by maxetius View Post
The Emperor encouraged it. He is dead and irrelevant. Most of the Dark Council is also dead or irrelevant, with the sole exception being Darth Marr, who is basically a low key version of Malgus and holds the same ideas. [doesn't care what you are as long as you get the job done]

So yeah it changed.
This. The Empire is not static. It adapts/evolves.
Also, it was even originally made up mostly of "pureblood Sith" and humans, so aliens were kind of a major part of Sith history anyway.

My main character's a Chiss IA anyway, and hasn't really been hated on for being an alien because he gets the job done!
In the Imperial Army, it takes more courage to retreat than to advance.

SithKoriandr's Avatar


SithKoriandr
04.11.2013 , 05:41 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by BradTheImpaler View Post
This. The Empire is not static. It adapts/evolves.
Also, it was even originally made up mostly of "pureblood Sith" and humans, so aliens were kind of a major part of Sith history anyway.

My main character's a Chiss IA anyway, and hasn't really been hated on for being an alien because he gets the job done!
Well, aren't the Chiss and Sith the exception to the alien rule anyways? Unless of course you're a Chiss Inquisitor.

Though, for adapting, they seem to fall back into old ways in the future
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

yoomazir's Avatar


yoomazir
04.11.2013 , 07:13 PM | #16
Tbh, with the late events, Darth Marr is making progress to have more "aliens" (God, I hate that word in a Star Wars setting) present within the Empire, and not as slaves.

roarkous's Avatar


roarkous
04.13.2013 , 04:11 AM | #17
Keep in mind the empire is not evil or bad really. They are just warlike and aggressive as opposed to the Republic. The Empire just kills each other off to advance themselves and everyone else with them. The Sith are evil and use the empire.

Darth_Wicked's Avatar


Darth_Wicked
04.13.2013 , 04:27 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by roarkous View Post
Keep in mind the empire is not evil or bad really. They are just warlike and aggressive as opposed to the Republic. The Empire just kills each other off to advance themselves and everyone else with them. The Sith are evil and use the empire.
A faction that is hell bent in committing mass genocide against countless races, in countless words is not evil? You serious, bro?

zzoorrzz's Avatar


zzoorrzz
04.13.2013 , 05:56 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Wicked View Post
A faction that is hell bent in committing mass genocide against countless races, in countless words is not evil? You serious, bro?

good or evil is both relative.You can deal with a lot of little bad things forever, or u can do big bad things at once and have no problems after that. In the long term, it's better to do all bad thing at once to prevent more problems in the future. It's the thought of Machiavelli. That genocide would be huge for sure. But after that, there would be peace in the galaxy forever.

Darth_Wicked's Avatar


Darth_Wicked
04.13.2013 , 06:19 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by zzoorrzz View Post
good or evil is both relative.You can deal with a lot of little bad things forever, or u can do big bad things at once and have no problems after that. In the long term, it's better to do all bad thing at once to prevent more problems in the future. It's the thought of Machiavelli. That genocide would be huge for sure. But after that, there would be peace in the galaxy forever.
Mass genocide is not relative, nor do I remember Machiavelli actually endorsing the scorched earth kind of approach.