Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Eradicator's Set (Constructive Criticism)

04.10.2013 , 09:51 PM | #1
I like that this set is in, we've been asking for it and wishing for it since we saw the original cinematic, but, I don't think this implementation of it does the original any justice.

Some black armor is nice for the game, but the original had silver armor, not black, and on that alone, it's off the mark for the intention.

If the intention was to put this armor out, as is, then this is where I feel the ball was dropped:

It's too dark, way too dark.

Being this black, it becomes an eyesore in my opinion. You can't see any of the details on it. It's just very bland.

I think some red lights like the Scalene armor on some of the bits of the gloves would help make things pop. Also turning it all dark grey instead of jet black would also help get some details out. It needs to be more decorative, right now, it's just so hard to see, you have to look very close to see all the details.

I think there's just potential that wasn't really lived up to. Perhaps with some gathered feedback on the set, it can be improved, so what does everyone else think?

After thought. The boots don't really fit with a Sith themed armor set. I think the ones from the Destroyer set are more iconic for Sith Armor, I tried to unify those to the Eradicator's set, but they stay silver.

Anyway, I just think the metal bits should be chromed out instead of being jet black.
Currently in an Imperial rehabilitation facility receiving treatment for WoW addiction.

04.10.2013 , 10:05 PM | #2
Maybe a little more red on the legs,gloves and boots, and i can see some silver on the spikes, in some places in the chest and boots
The Demonstone Legacy JungMa
De'inara L55 Chiss Operative
The Darkstar Legacy BergeonColony
Loziyah 60 Zabrak Merc
Kharras 57 Cathar Commando
Kurg'an 55 Sith Pureblood Juggernaut
Regulator Squadron

04.10.2013 , 10:47 PM | #3
Are you looking at it with graphics set on high because I have mine set on high and it looks amazingly perfect on my marauder.

04.11.2013 , 12:29 AM | #4
I took a look, and if you unify the Valiant Jedi gloves, boots, belt, and legs, you get more of what the Sith Armor set should look like. If the chest armor was silver, it would be PERFECT.

Try it out and see, I think that's about what the Eradicator armor color scheme should be to make it better.
Currently in an Imperial rehabilitation facility receiving treatment for WoW addiction.

04.11.2013 , 02:30 AM | #5

This is a SS of the Real Life Promotional version of the set

Compare this to the CC version. minus the mask, perfect replication.

Then compare it to the Valient Jedi set, They were the same besides minor details to save time making any more for the first trailer "Decieved"

There was no silver, that was just the light reflecting the metal.

They also confirmed the mask will be coming as a seperate purchase in 2.1 it was delayed because it wasn't finished. So even more so, you should be thanking them.

04.11.2013 , 02:39 AM | #6
Boots are too big, Magnus. It's a recolored copy of Jedi battlelord's boots. It's not cool that they were used for both Valiant and Eradicator sets instead of making something slimmer. Pants and gloves are totally unique to those sets though.
Bioware, please let us know if we're ever going to see iconic Jedi robes in the game... Or why not? - Accept my referral to express gratitude for my years-long fight for iconic Jedi attire in this "Star Wars" game. You'll get some goodies on top of it, too.

04.11.2013 , 02:42 AM | #7
I could complain the same thing comparing the boots of the valiant jedi boots to the the artwork of the old loading screen.

This is how the game developers made the boots, They used a reskin which is a shame. But nonetheless, Its not like its broken. :s

04.11.2013 , 02:42 AM | #8
Honestly, my guildies all want it for their jedi, so... I know SOME people are at least very pleased with it, TBH.
CE Owner
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocho-Quatro View Post
I've been thinking about stacking Accuracy and Alacrity on my tank... So I can taunt much faster, and make sure my taunts don't miss and accidentally hit a tree or something. That tree aggro can be pretty terrible.

04.11.2013 , 04:13 AM | #9
I'm extremely happy with this armour. All I wanted for my Sith Warrior was a black robe with a hood and none of that cyborg-like armour that the Sith Juggernauts have access to. This set is very iconic to the game and I've been envisioning my (future) Sith in it since I saw Decieved.
"If you only look after your own hide, then you're not a man."

04.11.2013 , 05:19 AM | #10
i think they should have spent alot more time on this one. we waited so long for it and then it looks awful. most will disagree with me but thats fine.
the only thing that is the same from the trailer is the black robe with the red stripes. the armor is too dark and the details cannot be seen. it should be more of a lighter shade of gray instead of black. the eradicator set should not use the valiant belt. also the spikes should be larger. 6.5 out 10 at best.

bioware please please redo this set.