Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Not becoming a mandalorian

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Not becoming a mandalorian

SpacemanR
04.10.2013 , 08:18 PM | #1
In my bounty hunter story, I'm almost up to the part where I can choose whether or not to become a mandalorian and I would please like to know if refusing to become one affects your storyline a lot? I read somewhere that if you become one, you get an extra companion, so do you not get that companion if you don't become one? Also, would anything else get affected?

ekimmak
04.10.2013 , 08:20 PM | #2
I don't think you get to refuse. Or if you do, it doesn't change the story in the slightest.
Best way to end Smuggler Act 1 is
Spoiler

You can't make up stuff like that.

Jenzali
04.10.2013 , 08:39 PM | #3
For all class stories, you will get all companions regardless of your choices.

Becoming a Mandalorian does not affect the plot in any major way, however there are additional flavor lines scattered throughout if you do choose to be one.

Torian is the Mandalorian companion, he seems to have a lot of input about "Mandos" so I can only assume he will react differently if you aren't one.

Be warned that the only way to not become a Mandalorian is to directly insult Mandalore to his face - this was so out-of-character for both my Bounty Hunters that even if I didn't want to become a Mandalorian I would have chosen to become one rather than look like an idiot. Seriously, who insults Mandalore to his face? (And it makes even less sense that you are able to get away with it)
Dashto Vant - Arsenal Mercenary - The most dashing bounty hunter in the galaxy.

SpacemanR
04.10.2013 , 10:14 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Jenzali View Post
For all class stories, you will get all companions regardless of your choices.

Becoming a Mandalorian does not affect the plot in any major way, however there are additional flavor lines scattered throughout if you do choose to be one.

Torian is the Mandalorian companion, he seems to have a lot of input about "Mandos" so I can only assume he will react differently if you aren't one.

Be warned that the only way to not become a Mandalorian is to directly insult Mandalore to his face - this was so out-of-character for both my Bounty Hunters that even if I didn't want to become a Mandalorian I would have chosen to become one rather than look like an idiot. Seriously, who insults Mandalore to his face? (And it makes even less sense that you are able to get away with it)

So, if I choose not to become one, I will miss out on additional flavor lines? Would you explain what that means please?

Also, so it's just good to become one and not insult him? however, aren't Mandalorians kind of seen in a negative light?

Mercurial_Harpy
04.11.2013 , 08:55 AM | #5
I think there's a big difference in how Mandolorians are seen in the EU/KOTOR and how they are seen for the purposes of this game.

Bounty Hunter Class Ch 2 Spoilers. You have been warned.
Spoiler

Besides, as a Hunter, you pretty much don't care what other people think; as a Mandolorian, less people will consider messing with you when you tell them you don't care what they think.

There is a sh*t-ton of Mandolorian lore out there, especially in the EU, and I know very little of it. I believe there ~may~ be Old Republic comics out there that get into Mandalore the Vindicated on a deeper level. Don't quote me though. But to answer your question, I would go Mandolorian, every time. Just IMHO.

~The Argost Legacy~

~Jedi Covenant~

SpacemanR
04.11.2013 , 09:42 AM | #6
so, in answer to my question about missing something if I don't become one, would I miss out on anything important or not? I really don't want to miss anything in my story just because I made one decision only to find out later that if I had made that decision, i wouldn't have missed it.

lokdron
04.11.2013 , 10:04 AM | #7
I rejected mandalore not interested in joining his group aftewards the other great hunt winners called me ****** for doing it and they said it was good I did not kiss up to him like everyone else does and they gave me the black list stuff.

Oh and you just get a few line changes with a certain npc in chapter 3.
You have seen it, you have felt it within you as you have traveled with me. The growing anger, the rage, and the power it brings. Yet the power does not build without struggle. Through small cruelties greater ones are born. Kriea/Darth Traya
Dark side eye topic make your voice heard if you want canon movie sith eyes!

SpacemanR
04.13.2013 , 05:54 PM | #8
so, if I reject his offer and I tell him to "stuff it" I will miss those "flavor" lines, but if I understand, those lines don't really matter that much, right?

Darth_Wicked
04.13.2013 , 06:59 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by SpacemanR View Post
so, if I reject his offer and I tell him to "stuff it" I will miss those "flavor" lines, but if I understand, those lines don't really matter that much, right?
Exactly. BTW and minimal spoilers for Makeb, concerning the Bounty Hunter...

Spoiler

SpacemanR
04.13.2013 , 07:15 PM | #10
okay I get it's not a big change not to become a mandalorian, but I think I read somewhere in this thread that if you become one, people will respect you a little more if you were to "mouth off" to them or tell them that what they are saying isn't really important, but if you don't, they will care and try to "scare" you into why you are wrong, according to how they see things.