Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lost Island 2.0

Slurmez
04.10.2013 , 05:23 PM | #1
Lost island was moved in with the rest of the flashpoints after being "rebalanced", this isnt even close to being balanced for a general pug to do with groupfinder. The only thing popping all morning was LI and people failing and building up huge repair costs (thanks for double the costs for 2.0 BW, oh wait they "removed" the 50% discount.....).

Dont get me wrong, I like LI and me and a friend 2 man it all the time for the rakgoul weekly before the rebalancing but the point stands as a member of the regular group finder flashpoints it isnt close to being balanced, people are bailing as soon as they see its LI leaving the rest of the time standing around waiting for others to come and leave.

Cpnneeda
04.10.2013 , 07:42 PM | #2
How was it "rebalanced"? I hate to say it, but I struggled in LI HM. I haven't had but 3 runs at it, but that honestly just made me want to try again until I figured out how to run it. I heard it was rebalanced and am curious how that was done.

If you all could 2 man it, more power to you. I'd love to tag along to see what you're doing. I enjoy learning the different FP's. LI is the only 1 I've ever had trouble on.

Ah, Smuggler Scoundrel here.

DarkDisturbed
04.10.2013 , 07:59 PM | #3
Re balanced as in meganerfed, yeah.

Tmanarl
04.12.2013 , 04:07 PM | #4
Lost Island is a joke now. I tanked it on my tionese/recruit geared powertech last night and never had an issue. Granted, if you have a PuG who has never run it before and doesn't understand the mechanics, yes you will still have trouble. If your healer can't figure out to stack on Sav-Rak during the smash then yes, your group will wipe. If your DPS can't figure out not to stand in front of Lorrick when he tosses satchel charges, (which by the way are EASILY avoidable as of 2.0) then yes, your group will wipe. However if you have a group that has run LI successfully then you can have the messiest runs possible and still beat it.
The Valar Legacy : Begeren Colony
Cinnagar 65 Sith Sorcerer | Viceptus 65 Sith Sorcerer | Calvaria 65 Sith Assassin
Shiian 65 Sith Juggernaut | Rolorra 65 Sith Marauder | Sevri 65 Bounty Hunter Powertech
Maris 65 Imperial Operative
Leelu 65 Jedi Sage | Mallavik: 65 Jedi Shadow | Brénn: 65 Vanguard Trooper
Corrann: 65 Jedi Sentinal | Lumanni: 65 Smuggler Scoundrel

haksilence
04.13.2013 , 06:24 AM | #5
Bioware turned lost island into a childproof nursery for care bears and my-little-ponies. There is no chalange whatsoever no. It was double before with a group in full tionese, now its just laughable.
10/10 NiM Dread Ops
Archon Jaberse, Captain Morgan Spice'rum, Gatecrasher Kithide Ameranthine
<Aisthesis> and <Postmortem>
Quote: Originally Posted by Ardarell_Solo View Post
Mr. Captain Morgan Roll/Rummaster ^^

DarthFamine
04.13.2013 , 07:08 AM | #6
Lost Island needed a nerf, they frankly overdid it with the mechanics and most people could not do it no matter what gear you put them in.

Then you had a large pool of people that could do it, but only if they overgeared the hell out of it and even then they were still prone to failure.

The you had a few people that thought it was easy, this is simply not the case. Equate it thus, On star trek you've always got the engineer that can fix anything. He gets the problem, thinks about it a second and goes oh that's easy we just need to flip the jargon and replace it with the jargonite.

It was easy for him because he had obscure knowledge of Jargon and Jargonite that no other member of the crew had.

Just because it's easy for you, does not mean that it is in fact easy and that was the trap alot of people in these forums fell into.

And lastly BW sees the bottom line, If you run a business you want to please the most people so that they will keep giving you money.

TLDR: LI wasn't making people happy
"It might be fear, or anger, or hatred, or perhaps even suffering that makes a man fall to the dark side, but it is without a doubt regret, that keeps him there."
-Darth Famine
www.RJKgaming.com

ErosGyne
04.13.2013 , 07:25 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthFamine View Post
Lost Island needed a nerf, they frankly overdid it with the mechanics and most people could not do it no matter what gear you put them in.
LI HM didnt needed a nerf, this is the 3 time they nerf it, and over did it,didnt mind the 1st one,but now is a overkill now at 50 level isnt a HM FP worth of that name

FlyinSpaghetti
04.13.2013 , 08:47 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthFamine View Post
TLDR: LI wasn't making people happy
Of course it made people happy, it provided a challenge... now it's for bambi's.
Quote: Originally Posted by BaronV View Post
Thats no moon... thats a CARTEL COIN!

Shevyk
05.01.2013 , 03:29 AM | #9
I wouldn't mind doing this with people who know it, but when it pops up with a clueless PUG, then get ready for some pain. In a perfect world, one wouldn't have to do PUGS. However, most of us do them, and in consideration of this I think that they need to do something about Lost Island.

I've gotten it a number of times since 2.0, and I tried it once with a clueless PUG. It wasn't a challenge. It was frustratingly painful to the point that the subsequent times it popped up, I just excused myself. I play to have fun. I play for challenge as well. I don't play for this kind of torture.

Don't mean to complain so loudly, and yes, I realize that Lost Island is easy for many players. However, I think that it should be removed from the menu and perhaps moved up to level 55 HM content or just nerfed into complete oblivion. The former would be preferable.

sumuji
05.01.2013 , 05:06 AM | #10
It is rather hard for a PUG lots of times, Peopel are used to facerolling it in a guild group already knowing the place. In a radom PUG you're likely to get people that have never done it before and screw up boss mechanics, which of course the place is a little more complicated than the other lvl 50 HM's regardless of what they nerfed. Although I think it needs to kinda stay where it is. It would be a nice intro into the difficult stuff they'll find in lvl 55 HM where the bosses are more than tank and spank and interrupts. As people gear up and familiarize themselves with it it will be more forgiving.