Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Question of the Day 4/10/2013

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CourtneyWoods
04.10.2013 , 03:34 PM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
What's your favorite class change in Game Update 2.0?

Personal Answer: Covered Escape - Roooolllll.... Pa-Chow! Roooolllll.... Pa-Chow!
Courtney Woods | Lead Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Tatile
04.10.2013 , 03:44 PM | #2
I like Exfiltrate, I'm just terrible at using it.

It's a lot of fun, but I tend to overshoot or not have my camera at quite the right angle. I'm sure I'll get used to it, just like the new Stim Boost

Aurbere
04.10.2013 , 03:52 PM | #3
I really can't say favorite, but I can tell you that I liked most of the class changes. So I'll just say which change I like best for each class that I've played so far.

Sniper: The change to Followthrough has upped my DPS by a fairly good amount.
Guardian: The changes to Guardian Strike and Sundering Strike have altered by rotation, but my survivability is greatly increased.
Commando: The changes to the healing tree (particularly the buff to Kolto Bomb) have been of great help to my healing.
Powertech: At first, the Power Screen messed up my rotation, but now I wouldn't go back.
Marauder: Adding the defensive increases to Carnage have upped the survivability on my otherwise squishy Marauder.

I have a few other classes to test, but so far I am loving the changes. Can't wait to see what the new abilities can do!
Added Chapter 61 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Infernixx
04.10.2013 , 03:52 PM | #4
Sniper, in general, is much more fun than before 2.0, and I actually 'liked' it then. Now, I feel like a 'double-tap' machine with Followthrough proccing off of everything.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Infernixx nailed it. This is correct.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
There is no excuse for any single use item to ever cost more than a month's subscription. Anyone who pays $10 or $20 for a single use item is hastening the death of TOR and feeding the rise of TOR:The Cash Shop Menace.

ScytheEleven
04.10.2013 , 03:54 PM | #5
I really like the change to Thermal Detonator/Assault Plastique for Powertechs/Vanguards...it definitely didn't kill the needed burst in PVP, and is totally viable now for PVE DPS!

Oh wait

On a serious note:

Double saber throw is fantastic for Marauders.
Followthrough refresh for MM snipers is just a blast.

Eh, you guys did right for 2 out of my 3 favorite classes at least.

ItchyThePenguin
04.10.2013 , 03:55 PM | #6
The changes to the Defense Guardian and the addition of Saber Reflect! So awesome!
Jedi Guardian -- Miscreant (60)
Formerly of Mind Trick and Corellian Run -- Now of The Shadowlands

bsbrad
04.10.2013 , 04:02 PM | #7
Force Barrier animation is good, everytime I activate it it feels more like I am trapped in my own bubble with my toon saying, "Help Help I am being repressed by this bubble".
N'abi
Begeren Colony
The answer is easy the question is not....oh who am I kidding!!!.

shudon
04.10.2013 , 04:03 PM | #8
Dual Saber throw! Bonus points for first using it on Mekeb and having it take out 5 "innocents" standing by the enemy.

LrdRahvin
04.10.2013 , 04:26 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
What's your favorite class change in Game Update 2.0?

Personal Answer: Covered Escape - Roooolllll.... Pa-Chow! Roooolllll.... Pa-Chow!

Personal Answer: Naked Bolster- Arggggghhh... Gag snort.... *hysterical laughter and crying at the same time*

Greenify
04.10.2013 , 04:36 PM | #10
Invincibubble!!!