Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Achievements and Cartel Coins

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Achievements and Cartel Coins

ikinai
04.10.2013 , 11:20 AM | #1
I noticed that some achievements provide a small amount of cartel coins, are there perhaps other ways to get cartel coins in game besides achievements?
I'll tell you what, then. Why don't you call me some time when you have no class?
--Rodney Dangerfield Back to School
Is this referral mic on? It's free stuff and stuff, in game.

Syas
04.10.2013 , 11:23 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by ikinai View Post
I noticed that some achievements provide a small amount of cartel coins, are there perhaps other ways to get cartel coins in game besides achievements?
There are! You can subscribe and get an authenticator!
Thall | Combat Medic ||| Kannus | Kinetic Shadow
Dars'yl | Immortal Juggernaut ||| Sudor | Concealment Operative
Ebon Hawke

ikinai
04.10.2013 , 11:24 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Syas View Post
There are! You can subscribe and get an authenticator!
Yes yes, I am a subscriber, I am posting here after all, and I have an authenticator. I am asking in game, as in while you play
I'll tell you what, then. Why don't you call me some time when you have no class?

OmegaJinjo
04.10.2013 , 11:25 AM | #4
As second poster said. While not exactly ingame activities, you can get monthly stipens of coins by subscribing and adding an authenticator. iirc if you do a monthly sub you get 500 a month, 3 month sub 550 and 6 month is 600? Then on top of that you get 100 a month for having an authenticator tied to your account.

Nydus
04.10.2013 , 11:47 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by ikinai View Post
I view this as a very positive move that helps cartel coins gain a certain in-game legitimacy.

- Arcada
The Arcada Legacy (Ebon Hawk)
Ord'os (Lvl.55 Sorcerer), Naresa (Lvl.53 Operative), Jagrafess (Lvl.19 Marauder)
Nydus (Lvl.54 Shadow), Toclafane (Lvl.27 Guardian)

ikinai
04.10.2013 , 11:57 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Nydus View Post
I view this as a very positive move that helps cartel coins gain a certain in-game legitimacy.

- Arcada
As do I. I was simply musing on the fact that maybe they might add other ways to garner coins in game, like maybe through warzone weeklies or operations weeklies or the new archaeology thingy. Nothing big, just a few here and there that you could save up and maybe go to the new barber shop thingy once a month or something. Would be a nice way to get people to do other activities that they might not have otherwise done.

ecstazypop
04.11.2013 , 11:18 AM | #7
So what achievements are for cartel coins??
I just need around 70, what achievements make them??...
sorry, i'm a noob

Vectoi
04.13.2013 , 06:59 AM | #8
Have noticed the last few days my coins going up in number and wasn't sure why. just want to say good job bioware on giving cartel coins for achievements thats a really good reward for doing the achievements. now i'm gonna go complete as many as i can

Kissakias
04.13.2013 , 07:14 AM | #9
also are some achievements that only the CE owners can finish them
Join us and earn gooood rewards using my referral http://www.swtor.com/r/ZvPhZd... Be a suber today!!
--39400--achievement points--

Pscyon
04.13.2013 , 09:35 AM | #10
Interestingly, since achievements are legacy-wide rather than account-wide, you can get achievement coins from playing on multiple servers. Though I expect this will be patched out at some point.
Quote: Originally Posted by ecstazypop View Post
So what achievements are for cartel coins??
I just need around 70, what achievements make them??...
sorry, i'm a noob
If you browse the achievements you'll be able to see which have coin rewards attached. Finishing Act 1 for a class is one way though.
Sith Sorcerer