Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Earn Rewards for Being in a Guild!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Earn Rewards for Being in a Guild!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

odonoghuet
04.16.2013 , 08:36 AM | #41
Rewards, plural, yet you announce only one and give no clue to how many more will be in the future or when...

I'm going to earn my reward of oxygen by not holding my breath.
Laugh and the universe laughs with you, cry and you're on the path to the dark side.

branmakmuffin
04.17.2013 , 01:03 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by odonoghuet View Post
Rewards, plural, yet you announce only one and give no clue to how many more will be in the future or when.
So you're getting something you weren't getting before, but your dissatisfied you aren't getting more.

Quote: Originally Posted by AsheraII View Post
But anything else, and the 4-men requirement for starting a guild should be lifted and offline invites made possible (to invite alts). So people without a guild aren't placed at any gametechnical disadvantage, but have a convenient option to start their own 1-man guild if they want.
That would defeat the purpose of guild bonuses. They're trying to encourage people to group up with other players, not just form (1-person) guilds for sake of forming (1-person) guilds.

Lunatic_Asylum
04.17.2013 , 11:18 PM | #43
This is the worst news after all these double-experience weekends!
Please remove that nasty buff or make it obtainable in Legacy. I have to leave my guild because of that now... Also, make the rest experience optional too.
The class that I am playing is in my avatar picture.

Shingara
04.18.2013 , 06:48 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by branmakmuffin View Post
So you're getting something you weren't getting before, but your dissatisfied you aren't getting more.
They are simply stating the fact that its earn a reward from being in a guild not rewards.
Health Warning - Thread May Contain Nuts.
First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to all game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge. http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20120731

LadyVix
04.20.2013 , 01:40 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Are you ready to earn valuable rewards for joining a guild? We’ve got great news! We’re excited to launch a new Guild Rewards Program which rewards player participation in guilds with in-game bonuses and benefits.

Read More
As far as I know, the only bonus you get is a 5% Experience boost for my level 55 characters that don't need experience. Or am I missing something?
* Cristielle - 55 Jedi Sentinel * Xerelle - 55 Sniper * Tigrelle - 55 Gunslinger *
* Brianne - 55 Jedi Shadow * Tabbytha - 55 Mercenary * Cattaclysm - 55 Vanguard *

Free Character transfer! Click ====> http://www.swtor.com/r/8lY8m5

Ziso
04.21.2013 , 10:16 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyVix View Post
As far as I know, the only bonus you get is a 5% Experience boost for my level 55 characters that don't need experience. Or am I missing something?
Nope that's it. Guess 5% still works on legacy though as they did say everything.
Still no word on guild cap increase either despite many guilds crying out for an increase in it. 5% xp gain isn't a lot of good when majority of members in our guild are level 55 as we cant recruit new blood due to being full.

Atlanis
04.21.2013 , 05:13 PM | #47
Seems to be an American Problem only;-) German Guilds are normally much smaller, but still vote for raise of the member cap and decent managing tools
Arminus
Guildleader - Omnikron - @Jarkai Sword
"Guarded by the Force should be renamed Seppuku"

Ziso
04.22.2013 , 09:08 AM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Atlanis View Post
Seems to be an American Problem only;-) German Guilds are normally much smaller, but still vote for raise of the member cap and decent managing tools
The issue we have Atlanis is we founded in 2005 in Star Wars galaxies and in 2009 also started in Lotro so a lot of our members have been in the guild years. After SWG closed we came across to Tor as a guild and set up the guild on both factions to give members a choice. As we have been here since launch, and happily not many players leave us after joining as we run regular content for all levels, members have over the past 16 months created more characters for the class storylines so an average player with us now has about 7-10 characters.
We don't have this issue in our kinship in lotro as the cap there is 5000 and in SWG the cap was 500 but you were limited to 2 characters per server per account. Here its 22.

We never spam chat for recruiting, only use the official server forum thread here for guild recruitment as we don't like open policys and feel its better to add a few a week and get to know them and them us and also do recruitment via our website. We have always been a new player friendly guild and a returning player guild where they can get upto speed with the game with us but this low cap means we froze recruitment weeks ago and I hate saying no to someone who genuinely wishes to join as when we do ingame content like Datacron runs, we always ask in general chat if anyone wishes to come along with us.

if they upped the cap to 1000, 2000 etc it does not mean we will in 2 weeks be at the cap again as we have guild management to remove inactive members and we wont start a free for all recruitment run as again we will only do it via website and forum thread here.
All we are asking for to the Devs is the chance to allow ourselves to evolve and grow in Tor without this low cap which is hurting active guilds who have worked hard since launch to get to this stage and we just feel frustrated at the moment due a lack of action on the issue and I have started to look at upcoming mmorpgs to see if they are more guild friendly for larger guilds as although I enjoy Tor, if we cannot progress the guild here we may feel the time will come to move the guild to another mmorpg but that's the last thing we wish to do as we enjoy Tor

odonoghuet
04.23.2013 , 01:44 AM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by branmakmuffin View Post
Roll your eyes all you want, but people thinking this program is going to be actual content like guild housing or ships are obviously way off base.

They just had double xp weekends, and we have four types of xp buffs already in play, few of which actually stack, and most guild players have characters at elder cap, but this XP buff is supposed to be some super factor worth advertising on the front page??

At best this will be stuff that should have been in guilds from the begining but they lacked the programmers to actually impliment. Like search functions for tracking legacies inside a guild, increased guild membership caps, cross faction guild lists and chat channels, callenders, tracking of who is locked out of ops, etc.

This won't even rise to the level of a guild voip abilities.

EA want it both ways on this game, they want it big enough to keep subscribers commited and cartel dollars rolling in, but small enough they don't have to hire programmers to make the game stable let alone add features.
Laugh and the universe laughs with you, cry and you're on the path to the dark side.

AlaricSevGirl
04.23.2013 , 11:26 AM | #50
I think guild leaders should get an added award, we do all the hard work *just kidding* . I think this is just awesome.
The Terran One Legacy; Ebon Hawk server; Rhiordan, GL, Galactic Security Solutions (Republic) and Rhiorden, GL, The Imperial Black Court (Empire).