Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Maul.


hobbesmaster's Avatar


hobbesmaster
04.11.2013 , 01:53 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by KeyboardNinja View Post
Taking the CD reduction on the stun break is really unnecessary. I mean, it's a cool talent, and maybe worthwhile situationally, but there are very few fights where it matters (basically just Toth & Zorn, which isn't even current content anymore). There was some discussion on the shadow forums a while back, and after a bit of back and forth, we determined the following build to be optimal for PvE: 39/3/4. If you want extra damage, you can trade Mental Fortitude for Expertise, but your survivability will drop somewhat due to the healing loss.
It also reduces the CD of force speed and your interrupt which I think is rather useful for PvE where you are either solo'ing or pugging.

DarthSpekulatius's Avatar


DarthSpekulatius
04.11.2013 , 02:00 AM | #12
the 5sec lower CD on force speed can be really nice some times, I'd take it over applied Force, upheaval, Rapid Recovery, Mental Fortitude (I have to test it some more to say witch one it'll be).

all you lose is a bit damage but it might save some poor Sentinel (they are the worst ) who jumps a dead target and ends up 30m away. had a 14k HP Sentinel in Maelstrom Prison who would have survived if I had been able to do more then pull one taunt another one all I had to do was to get into AOE taunt range (slow time and Force breach on cd just as Force speed).

I hate to see people die even if they are at fault themselves.
so I personally think: mobility > Damage

Hockaday's Avatar


Hockaday
04.11.2013 , 11:42 AM | #13
http://www.torparse.com/a/177390/33/0/Damage+Dealt

As you can see from this parse. On that fight thrash and maul were about equal. (prior fights i was not spec'd for the thrash upgrade). On other fights one is much higher than the other, that may be on the user end. Still makes me wonder if maul is worth it.
The Empire is not evil, and the Republic is not good...it is all a matter of opinion.
Nerf Hungering! It's too OP.=Bartle Test Results:= CE VIP
{Reward-Driven 85%} {Exploratory -60%} {Physical 32%} {Thoughtful -26%} {Social -60%} {Competitive 100%}

AggieKasten's Avatar


AggieKasten
04.11.2013 , 01:10 PM | #14
Quote:
http://www.torparse.com/a/177390/33/0/Damage+Dealt

As you can see from this parse. On that fight thrash and maul were about equal. (prior fights i was not spec'd for the thrash upgrade). On other fights one is much higher than the other, that may be on the user end. Still makes me wonder if maul is worth it.
Well, their total damage over the whole fight was about even. But each maul hit for 2040.33 and each thrash hit for 669.14. Even if its counting each thrash hit individually, thats still 2040>1340. If the idea is that you're replacing a thrash in the rotation with a maul whenever it procs, I'd say its worth it.
Viscerous-Hoc - Sith Assassin (Darkness) - Jedi Covenant
Daltharum - Jedi Sentinel (Watchman) - Jedi Covenant
Rayben - Imperial Sniper (Marksmanship) - Jedi Covenant
Napott - Commando (Combat Medic) - Jedi Covenant

Hockaday's Avatar


Hockaday
04.11.2013 , 01:11 PM | #15
True, I'm just fighting it lol. I don't like the delay in harnessed darkness...think I just need to work my rotation out a bit. Honestly it's not bad...just...argh! chaaaange! chaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaange!
The Empire is not evil, and the Republic is not good...it is all a matter of opinion.
Nerf Hungering! It's too OP.=Bartle Test Results:= CE VIP
{Reward-Driven 85%} {Exploratory -60%} {Physical 32%} {Thoughtful -26%} {Social -60%} {Competitive 100%}

AggieKasten's Avatar


AggieKasten
04.11.2013 , 01:22 PM | #16
Quote:
chaaaange! chaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaange!
http://images5.fanpop.com/image/phot...-1260-1596.png

Anything that will give me more dps is change I can believe in
Viscerous-Hoc - Sith Assassin (Darkness) - Jedi Covenant
Daltharum - Jedi Sentinel (Watchman) - Jedi Covenant
Rayben - Imperial Sniper (Marksmanship) - Jedi Covenant
Napott - Commando (Combat Medic) - Jedi Covenant

Tiar's Avatar


Tiar
04.11.2013 , 01:22 PM | #17
I use maul now more than I ever did since the update. With my spec I have a 50% change to maul an opponent from the front anytime I use thrash, so my dps went up substantially by mashing the maul when it pops rather than just thrashing the entire fight. I run my assassin with full tank tree but use dps gear and it works out great. I don't steal aggro from the main tank, can off tank effectively, have very good survivability solo and in groups, and I do plenty of damage.

To me it's worth it to hit for over 2k every now and then as opposed to hitting for only 600-800.
"This dish is so poorly prepped, EA is trying to publish it."
"Install WoW in 2 easy steps!"
"Step 1: Remove side panel from your tower case."
"Step 2: Deuce on your hard drive."

Hockaday's Avatar


Hockaday
04.11.2013 , 01:24 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Tiar View Post
I use maul now more than I ever did since the update. With my spec I have a 50% change to maul an opponent from the front anytime I use thrash, so my dps went up substantially by mashing the maul when it pops rather than just thrashing the entire fight. I run my assassin with full tank tree but use dps gear and it works out great. I don't steal aggro from the main tank, can off tank effectively, have very good survivability solo and in groups, and I do plenty of damage.

To me it's worth it to hit for over 2k every now and then as opposed to hitting for only 600-800.
Generally my thrashes hit near 2k total. Also...really? You miss a ton of dps abilities...what is your dps like that? I know people do that in PvP...though I haven't been impressed.
The Empire is not evil, and the Republic is not good...it is all a matter of opinion.
Nerf Hungering! It's too OP.=Bartle Test Results:= CE VIP
{Reward-Driven 85%} {Exploratory -60%} {Physical 32%} {Thoughtful -26%} {Social -60%} {Competitive 100%}

Hockaday's Avatar


Hockaday
04.11.2013 , 01:25 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by AggieKasten View Post
http://images5.fanpop.com/image/phot...-1260-1596.png

Anything that will give me more dps is change I can believe in
lol, perfect.
The Empire is not evil, and the Republic is not good...it is all a matter of opinion.
Nerf Hungering! It's too OP.=Bartle Test Results:= CE VIP
{Reward-Driven 85%} {Exploratory -60%} {Physical 32%} {Thoughtful -26%} {Social -60%} {Competitive 100%}

Tiar's Avatar


Tiar
04.11.2013 , 01:40 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Hockaday View Post
Generally my thrashes hit near 2k total. Also...really? You miss a ton of dps abilities...what is your dps like that? I know people do that in PvP...though I haven't been impressed.
Most of my abilities like shock, maul, force lightning etc, hit pretty hard since my crit and surge are high. Shock hits just under 2k and the 2nd shock will hit for around 800. Maul crits for 2400 most of the time, and force lightning usually hits for 850 a tic, just under 1200 on crits and they crit fairly often. Maul hits for 600-800, around 1500 total on crits. I use wither when I'm solo or tanking for heroics, and that hits for 800, 1400 on a crit. The biggest factors is having surge at 77% and a high crit chance. Once I get to 55 and can get back the melee crit chance buff in the madness tree, my dps will go up even further.

It's not as much damage as deception or Madness, but I like the survivability of it. I tried the other 2 trees, and I didn't like the overall squishiness of them. Also, I can use whatever companion I want in most cases. I'm not forced to roll with a tank or healer.
"This dish is so poorly prepped, EA is trying to publish it."
"Install WoW in 2 easy steps!"
"Step 1: Remove side panel from your tower case."
"Step 2: Deuce on your hard drive."