Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So BW can we expect iconic Jedi outfits anytime soon ? -eric- ?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
So BW can we expect iconic Jedi outfits anytime soon ? -eric- ?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CosmicKat
04.10.2013 , 02:12 PM | #51
Forget about iconic Jedi outfits, I want ironic Jedi outfits!

Oh wait, we have dozens of those.

Alec_Fortescue
04.10.2013 , 02:28 PM | #53
First two (Conservator classic) is some nasty trenchcoat.

2nd one (Omenbringer) while nice has a perma hood up, weird linings on the hood, lots of ornamentation on the robe and... Belts on its back?!

But who cares now ? My outfits are on their way!!!!

I'd say these are ironic!
*Best Dressed Jedi of 2014* http://mmo-fashion.com/tor-fashion-contest-results/

Almost 3 years old and there are still no iconic / classic / traditional / prequel-style (pick any!) Jedi robes in the game! How come?

Also how about letting players wear the robes that are already in the game but not accessible to them?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

Don't let your artists' work go to waste, Bioware

OddballEasyEight
04.10.2013 , 02:35 PM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
First two (Conservator classic) is some nasty trenchcoat.

2nd one (Omenbringer) while nice has a perma hood up, weird linings on the hood, lots of ornamentation on the robe and... Belts on its back?!

But who cares now ? My outfits are on their way!!!!

I'd say these are ironic!
Wow, i give up... apparantly, unless its a carbon copy of the ones in the movies they arent "close enough" (which, if you havent noticed, is what every other class is happy with)

Sportiva
04.10.2013 , 02:46 PM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by OddballEasyEight View Post
Wow, i give up... apparantly, unless its a carbon copy of the ones in the movies they arent "close enough" (which, if you havent noticed, is what every other class is happy with)
Honestly, why do you care?

You do realize that BW will put these in to the CM to make money, which I and many others will gladly buy. This is a key revenue driver of their business model. Anyone interested in this game being successful should hope that they continue to produce CM items that people want.

So please tell me what other items BW could put in the CM that would sell more than classic, iconic Jedi robes???
Master Jaice Jenod: Guardian Velo Jenx: GunslingerMaster Gira Jenx: Sage Major Jax’xen Jenod: Vanguard
Saen'a Jenod: Mercenary Dulymus Jenod: OperativeDarth Scoura: Assassin Darth Zetara: Marauder

Blackavaar
04.10.2013 , 02:50 PM | #56
In a word, no.
The silly racing stripes and short sleeves kind of kill the look.

Only the meek get pinched. The bold survive.(███████████████████████████████████║║█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙[█]

UltimateKrucible
04.10.2013 , 03:00 PM | #57
Out of all the jedi armour in the game - these are indeed the closest to the iconic look (and I've checked, believe me). But they still miss by a mile.

The classic conservators lacks a hood, basically making it a coat, and the omen bringer - which is restricted to Consulars - has indeed got a pinstripe pattern on the sleeves and racing stripes on the back. Classic it ain't.

But glad to see someone else has taken the trouble to scour the armour looking in vain for the classic look.

I'm actually holding out hope for Jedi chest-pieces from the films that aren't robes. Like Anakin and Obi-wan's in ROTS.
. Shine on, you crazy pixel.

Funny post! The nine circles of SW:TOR PvP hell

PeterGun-SWE
04.10.2013 , 04:42 PM | #58
And EricMusco...

i wold love to have a Jedi/Sith Cloak such as the one Darth Malgus wares in the Deceived trailer, that falls back over the shoulders when you draw your lightsaber: http://youtu.be/wOLANti8UCY?t=1m4s

Octom
04.10.2013 , 07:27 PM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by Sportiva View Post
So please tell me what other items BW could put in the CM that would sell more than classic, iconic Jedi robes???
Bug fixes.

/thread
Quote: Originally Posted by AdamChattaway View Post
doe snot

ZirusZero
04.10.2013 , 07:29 PM | #60
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Karsk View Post
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51XdbGIXKYL.jpg

Jedi have been wearing pretty much the same thing for 20 000 years.Know your canon and lore.
Almost all jedi outfits in this game is not canon and will never be, there is a reason why they dont
dress like that in the movies or the new movies they make, because they dont want star wars fans
in the cinema to start laughing and asking people around them, is this a bad joke ?
It's already put into canon that because of how packed the battlefields were, the Jedi of this era started adding armor onto their simple robes.
Quote: Originally Posted by CommunityDroidEN View Post
After our Shenanigans radar sounded off, we quickly hurried to this thread to see what was going on. Upon inspection of the reported Shenanigans, we have removed a few posts to prevent further Shenanigans from taking place.