Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So BW can we expect iconic Jedi outfits anytime soon ? -eric- ?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
So BW can we expect iconic Jedi outfits anytime soon ? -eric- ?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MaximusRex
11.29.2013 , 07:20 PM | #141
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
They even caught me, and my Jedi ally, fighting Sith together! Look, we're not wearing any armor - we're so ******!"
http://static2.wikia.nocookie.net/__..._duel_JMGD.jpg
Look's a lot like robes in game that you are saying isn't good enough, short sleeves and all.

OddballEasyEight
11.30.2013 , 12:23 AM | #142
Quote: Originally Posted by Sportiva View Post
And why would that be so bad? ... You know, to actually give the customers what they want ... or would you rather that BW just keep producing great winners such as Czerka Corporate shirt or craptastic sets from Alderaan. There has to be at least a half a dozen other noble families from Alderaan that deserve their moment in the sun.

Aside from the lore outfits, I suspect that the Valiant & Eradicator sets are the two most popular. I wonder why??? Let's see no extraneous tubes or shoulder accoutrements. Belts inside the outer cloak. The pants do not look like they are painted on and leave a little bit to the imagination.

I currently wear Relnex on my guardian because it's probably the closest I will ever get to the look that I would like to wear. But as I stated in my previous post that set has some important short-comings. From a pure aesthetic standpoint, Valiant & Eradicator are much more appealing and much better designed armor sets.

But no, I'm sure that you are right. BW should keep on producing sub-standard products for the CM. I'm sure that will lead to a very healthy game in the long run.
Oh you mean, give a tiny minority of the customers what they want because they whine about it all day?
The stuff in the CM is not sub-standard just because you don't like it.
There is a ton of stuff there that is very popular, hell, ive even seen people wearing the "ugly" Czerka shirt or the "craptastic" alderaan sets...
You strike me as a spoiled teenager that gets upset at xmas because they got an iPhone 4S instead of an iPhone 5... And now their world is ruined.

Oh and like the guy above me pointed out, you are so blind in this quest for the exact replicas that you didn't even notice that one of the pictures you used as "proof" that they existed in this time, has one of the major flaws you are crying about. Short sleeves....

Alec_Fortescue
11.30.2013 , 02:39 AM | #143
Quote: Originally Posted by MaximusRex View Post
Look's a lot like robes in game that you are saying isn't good enough, short sleeves and all.
Quote:
Oh and like the guy above me pointed out, you are so blind in this quest for the exact replicas that you didn't even notice that one of the pictures you used as "proof" that they existed in this time, has one of the major flaws you are crying about. Short sleeves...
Look further into the background. Game's world features traditional robes as well, along the crazy and exaggerated stuff for consulars, but they're just not found in the game.

So I knew what I was posting here : l
*Best Dressed Jedi of 2014* http://mmo-fashion.com/tor-fashion-contest-results/

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

Don't let your artists' work go to waste, Bioware

DurbanPoison
11.30.2013 , 02:56 AM | #144
Yeah, we need more Jedi outfits in the game.
For example Zayne Carric http://www.residentgamers.com/cdn/im...aboutkotor.jpg

Alec_Fortescue
11.30.2013 , 02:58 AM | #145
Quote: Originally Posted by DurbanPoison View Post
Yeah, we need more Jedi outfits in the game.
For example Zayne Carric http://www.residentgamers.com/cdn/im...aboutkotor.jpg
This kind of an armor is not part of the thread but I totally wouldn't mind this

btw Zayne is not wearing his Jedi robes because he's on the run, no?
*Best Dressed Jedi of 2014* http://mmo-fashion.com/tor-fashion-contest-results/

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

Don't let your artists' work go to waste, Bioware

OddballEasyEight
11.30.2013 , 04:02 AM | #146
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
Look further into the background. Game's world features traditional robes as well, along the crazy and exaggerated stuff for consulars, but they're just not found in the game.

So I knew what I was posting here : l
Pssst... those guys in the background also have short sleeves...

just sayin'

As for Zayne, he never once wears "traditional" jedi robes... And neither does his master (or the other padawan's masters).
In fact, he has all the hallmarks of a "bad" jedi robe as outlined here on the forums.
He has short sleeves, belt on the outside of the robe and tight pants.
Not only that, but it's not even brown, its white! *ghasp*

Samaul
11.30.2013 , 08:24 AM | #147
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Karsk View Post
You know that looks like this and this

We have asked forever and still nothing.Lots of jedi playing this game you know and many of us
actually want to look like they do in the real star wars universe.
I support this thread!

I think my favorite Jedi gear was the Black hole Consular gear that made my female consular look like an ancient egyptian temple prostitute

Samaul
11.30.2013 , 08:29 AM | #148
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Although I have no timeline to give, I can say that this is in the plans!

As always, I will give more information as I have it.
How much longer do we have to wait?

Sportiva
11.30.2013 , 09:27 AM | #149
Quote: Originally Posted by OddballEasyEight View Post
Oh you mean, give a tiny minority of the customers what they want because they whine about it all day?
The stuff in the CM is not sub-standard just because you don't like it.
There is a ton of stuff there that is very popular, hell, ive even seen people wearing the "ugly" Czerka shirt or the "craptastic" alderaan sets...
You strike me as a spoiled teenager that gets upset at xmas because they got an iPhone 4S instead of an iPhone 5... And now their world is ruined.

Oh and like the guy above me pointed out, you are so blind in this quest for the exact replicas that you didn't even notice that one of the pictures you used as "proof" that they existed in this time, has one of the major flaws you are crying about. Short sleeves....
It's funny how that when your logic runs dry you must rely on personal attacks. As I stated a half a dozen posts ago, my evaluation of the items in the current Cartel pack is based upon the noticeable decrease in the prices on the GTN.

FWIW, I am more than happy to support anyone else championing specific items in the CM. I'd love to see more plain black robes for Sith and more proper Mando gear for BH's, etc etc. It just so happens that for me Jedi robes (in particular robes that aren't skin tight) are most important to me. The apparent strategy for items in the CM seems to be reskins with varying colors of blinking lights on them.

I would suggest that much more than a vocal minority would love to see outfits that are simpler and more fitting to the SW universe. This has been a recurring theme on these boards since launch. BW has acknowledged as much, yet we are a long way from their acknowledgement to actually seeing results.

BTW, check the posts, I wasn't the person that posted any pictures. I believe Alec did. If you want to make ad hominem attacks on me at least due me the favor of attacking me for things I've written. I learned the value of that in my 4th grade class this year.
Master Jaice Jenod: Guardian Velo Jenx: GunslingerMaster Gira Jenx: Sage Major Jax’xen Jenod: Vanguard
Saen'a Jenod: Mercenary Dulymus Jenod: OperativeDarth Scoura: Assassin Darth Zetara: Marauder

Iamrock
12.17.2013 , 09:38 AM | #150
I fully support this thread! I'd like to see more iconic robes with the option of hood/no hood