Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So BW can we expect iconic Jedi outfits anytime soon ? -eric- ?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
So BW can we expect iconic Jedi outfits anytime soon ? -eric- ?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Sol-Ra
10.16.2013 , 07:02 AM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by OddballEasyEight View Post
Really? Show me where they use stormtrooper armour and mandalorian armour in the style of boba fett in KotOR and KotOR2...

Or did you mean that they wore outfits like these: http://www.freewebs.com/darthmoeller/tsljedirobes1.jpg
Because you CAN wear an outfit like that... you will just have to settle for wearing LIGHT armour instead of HEAVY.
since, you know, they are made out of cloth.
Yes traditional Jedi garments. We had them in KOTOR 1 and 2, as others have posted they are littered in the concept and story images of this game. We as Jedi only want to look our part as other classes do.

Quote: Originally Posted by OddballEasyEight View Post
Because its kinda silly to request looks from the movies that take place thousands of years later and are only iconic because of that?
Because its already possible to have these outfits in the game but you have to sacrifice your heavy armor (wich makes sense since plain cloth isnt really "heavy armour")?
Because your "sizable" portion is simply anecdotal and not based on anything but a few people whining about it here over and over?
Because the OP said "actually want to look like they do in the real star wars universe" as if this isnt part of the "real" star wars?
Because this is a completely different era where jedi are soldiers, not peacekeeping diplomats and thus wear armour (you know, kinda like they do in the clone wars? But im guessing thats not "iconic")?
Because its already possible to do this in-game? Oh wait, i said that already didnt i?
It's a game so, they had to come up with an easy way to give players defense in a game setting. The easiest was armor cores and ratings. While We force users would have been just as happy with a force protection rating allowing for anything we wear to be based on that idea we don't. It's the same for all of us. So why should we have to gimp ourselves to look the part? No other class has to wear sub-par gear to look like their "movie version". I don't expect full Boba Fett Mando in game or Stormtrooper armor, we should and do have gear that's very similar. Since most of the looks of the Star Wars universe have been fairly close in appearance for thousands of years Jedi having their simple traditional look isn't so absurd a request. Have a nice day...
Sol-Ra Mundari
{DPS Vigilance Guardian - 60}
REGULATORS
CE VIP SK

<Star-Gazers>
The Harbinger

The ability to speak does not make you intelligent. Now get out of here. - Qui-Gon Jinn Ep 1

branmakmuffin
10.16.2013 , 07:07 AM | #92
Relnex' robes.

/thread

Alec_Fortescue
10.16.2013 , 07:18 AM | #93
Quote: Originally Posted by branmakmuffin View Post
Relnex' robes.

/thread
... are nothing like the stuff Eric responded to. No matching pants (no hanging cloth beneath the waist makes it look like the vest was tucked into pants), belt on the outside, short sleeves. And there is no "kimono" chest piece either.

/reopenthread
Bioware, please let us know if we're ever going to see iconic Jedi robes in the game... Or why not?

http://www.swtor.com/r/FsJS44 - Accept my referral to express gratitude for my years-long fight for iconic Jedi attire in this "Star Wars" game. You'll get some goodies on top of it, too.

branmakmuffin
10.16.2013 , 07:24 AM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
... are nothing like the stuff Eric responded to. No matching pants (no hanging cloth beneath the waist makes it look like the vest was tucked into pants), belt on the outside, short sleeves. And there is no "kimono" chest piece either.

/reopenthread
The old "/reopenthread" ploy.

Hey, I see a windmill over there, Don Quixote.

Hell_Kaiser_Fett
10.16.2013 , 10:25 AM | #95
If they ever release a generic jedi robe, that would be nice. It would look great for my Qui-Gon character, but for now I'm perfectly content after finding the Relnex robes a few weeks ago.
"You are now an official member of the Fett Lineage." - Temuera Morrison at ConNooga March 2, 2013

Alec_Fortescue
10.17.2013 , 08:23 AM | #96
Eric, plssss. Bring some good news. :'[
Bioware, please let us know if we're ever going to see iconic Jedi robes in the game... Or why not?

http://www.swtor.com/r/FsJS44 - Accept my referral to express gratitude for my years-long fight for iconic Jedi attire in this "Star Wars" game. You'll get some goodies on top of it, too.

anwg
10.17.2013 , 09:47 AM | #97
There are enough robes, someone made the point that Obiwan wore a robe was because he lived in a desert, like everyone else on that planet (jawa, sand people, uncle Owen etc). I think Luke worn a short jacket in Return, I'd rather see more of those for guardians and sentinels.

Mistress_Ivi
10.17.2013 , 10:02 AM | #98
Jedi typically wear boring clothes.

It is the Jedi way. You'll also notice in KOTOR Games previous to this one, that the sith also wear those very same clothes, but in much darker tones.

However, in times of war - the mystics of each group will wear more elaborate outfits and the warrior cast of the order will don armour typical to that of a military trooper. With some altercations.
Former SWG Player and Bloody Proud of it!

ELRunninW
10.17.2013 , 10:23 AM | #99
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Karsk View Post
want to look like they do in the real star wars universe.
Somehow you have the idea this game is not a real star wars universe, how peculiar. I believe you just have your own vision of the universe and this game is nothing like it. This is the problem many people have with this game, it is not like their imagination tells them it should be. Yes, this is fictional universe and anything related to it has been imagined at some point. Also, the Jedi fashion of the period is different then the one you know from movies. Why deny it

Alec_Fortescue
10.17.2013 , 10:33 AM | #100
Quote: Originally Posted by ELRunninW View Post
Somehow you have the idea this game is not a real star wars universe, how peculiar. I believe you just have your own vision of the universe and this game is nothing like it. This is the problem many people have with this game, it is not like their imagination tells them it should be. Yes, this is fictional universe and anything related to it has been imagined at some point. Also, the Jedi fashion of the period is different then the one you know from movies. Why deny it
Because this game is accompanied by plenty of art work and other promotional and tied-in media representing Jedi and Sith wearing traditional stuff in this period... Learn lore pls :[ Jedi fashion was pretty much the same for thousands of years - most of Tythonian npcs are wearing the "boring" stuff (Relnex's robe) but that's pretty nasty as the devs took the easy way of short sleeves and belts around the waists and lack of cloth hanging beneath the waist - probably due to tech issues with Hero or lack of time.

Now, after seeing Ragnos' robe, it's obviously possible that they are able to do stuff we're more familiar with.

Also there is a dev response here, referring to the post containing specific pictures, that they are in plans. So it's here already. Just would like to know what happened to the plans. Devs were saying that we're going to see more archetypal armor for each class, in the cartel market, back in November.

Jedi didn't wear armor all the time and for every action they went into.