Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

EC should not be mixed with KP/EV in GF

MidichIorian
04.09.2013 , 11:50 AM | #1
It's bound to fail and it will discourage people, such as myself from using the GF. I'm not going to queue up with the risk of having to spend 2 hours with people who cant even answer a simple question such as have you been here before.

It's a disaster and it doesnt matter how much you nerf it when 80 % of the population can't figure out that they're not supposed to stand in red cricles or electric bubbles.

Put it in its' own queue just like you did with Lost Island HM.

abokado
04.09.2013 , 03:01 PM | #2
Yeah, I don't get it either. I mean, it's even difficult finishing KP or EV with a group from group finder and you always wipe because there is at least someone that doesn't seem to be literate because said person walks into the next room even though it was said in big letters that nobody should do so. Sigh. Well, I guess it's better not to queue for sm ops because it's a waste of time more than often.

TralyanSavo
04.09.2013 , 03:26 PM | #3
Agreed. I kinda thought it was going to be in a separate tier.

That said, when everyone is at 55 and geared in Dread Guard from 50 FPs, pretty sure SM EC is going to be dramatically easier and you can outgear your way through the mechanics.

Though with the groupfinder queue for ops, my guild has always filled the group then entered through the groupfinder for the comms. We'll probably do the same thing here.
Ryaffil (Shadow Tank, Main) - Ryaffia (Guardian) - Odinsun (Sentinel) - Mintass (Commando) - Ryaffam (Gunslinger)
Tralyan (Sorcerer) - Echeara (Juggernaut) - Cran (Mercenary) - Zobess (Operative)
Death Mark - The Shadowlands

VigDiath
04.09.2013 , 03:29 PM | #4
Well this may help smaller guilds who want to finish more content be able to do so. All they have to do is PUG for the roles they need and have everyone use the same chat (TS/Mumble) to communicate. It doesn't have to equal failure if you do it right.
Jedi Covenant (The Baltimore Legacy)
Laaron - 55 (Shadow Tank) Eulora - 55 (Sage Healer)
Madmartygan - 55 (Guardian DPS) Skylaadawn - 55 (Sab Smug)
Akon - 55 (Carnage Marauder) L'aron - 53 (Sorc Healer)

MidichIorian
04.10.2013 , 09:52 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by VigDiath View Post
Well this may help smaller guilds who want to finish more content be able to do so. All they have to do is PUG for the roles they need and have everyone use the same chat (TS/Mumble) to communicate. It doesn't have to equal failure if you do it right.
Might work on a US server where atleast 99 % know the language. On a EU server, not so much. Let me give you an example of a normal conversation on a EU server:

Random dude - WTB *insert item* (it was some cartel item in the 1 million range)
Me - How much are you willing to pay for that`?
Random dude - How much do you have?
Me - How much do I have? You wrote "WTB" in your first message.
Random dude - Yes!

Like....what the......half the time you're not even able to guess what people mean and you find yourself shouting into the microphone, as if the volume somehow is increasing their ability to comprehend.

jmdatcs
04.10.2013 , 11:15 PM | #6
Did it today, no voice. 1 BS trash wipe, other than that, one-shotted everything.

I'll be the same as when they first did EV and KP in gf. As more people do it and get familiar, your chances of a fail group will decrease.
Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal. - Albert Camus
True terror is to wake up one morning and discover that your high school class is running the country. - Kurt Vonnegut

Seireeni
04.10.2013 , 11:31 PM | #7
Tried to do this once when gf put me in it and I think I caused a wipe. I said at the start I was there for the first time. We went to the tanks with no problem and there someone fast went through tactics. I wad told to "stand on the ground and wait till aoe lock and then run away from it". Okay, sounds simple enough. What anyone forgot to mention was that the aoe wasn't restricted to the circle in the ground, it drops a dome that will aoe my character to death before I can react if I have around 60% of hp or less, even though I'm standing around 5-10 meters away from where the dome's animation ends.

Probably never going to even try to heal that again. I'd probably cause even more wipes because I wouldn't run far enough from the aoe.

verkerk
04.11.2013 , 02:33 AM | #8
Last night i went in the group finder, me as a tank.
I got a group for EC
2 people(dps) didn't know the tactics.
We one shotted everything.
Damek - Guardian Lirava - Sage Obarush -Commando Arleen - Sentinel
--SR--

CJNJ
04.11.2013 , 02:54 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Seireeni View Post
Tried to do this once when gf put me in it and I think I caused a wipe. I said at the start I was there for the first time. We went to the tanks with no problem and there someone fast went through tactics. I wad told to "stand on the ground and wait till aoe lock and then run away from it". Okay, sounds simple enough. What anyone forgot to mention was that the aoe wasn't restricted to the circle in the ground, it drops a dome that will aoe my character to death before I can react if I have around 60% of hp or less, even though I'm standing around 5-10 meters away from where the dome's animation ends.

Probably never going to even try to heal that again. I'd probably cause even more wipes because I wouldn't run far enough from the aoe.
Quite frankly that group is cruel, making a guy who never healed the instance kite stuff. The whole kiting part takes some getting used to but in time you will get it down
CJuice Sandwich-lazy sage seer || Cmeat Sandwich- fat blind engi sniper
lil'cmeat Sandwich- it's a lil Cmeat! Gunslinger || Naked-snake- looks more like plissken, scoundrel
Laziness is a skill

LarryRow
04.11.2013 , 07:47 AM | #10
I haven't checked since 2.0, but I seem to recall that in 1.7 you could see what Op you were going to do when the queue popped. If you didn't like it, you could decline the queue. Has this changed?
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.