Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Error when trying to purchase Cartel Coins is Unacceptable!!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Error when trying to purchase Cartel Coins is Unacceptable!!

DarthGuido
04.09.2013 , 09:57 AM | #1
I've been trying to purchase Cartel Coins since Friday 4-5-13. I keep receiving the Purchase Error This service is currently unavailable for this account. If you wish to purchase more cartel coins please call our Customer Service team or you can try again tomorrow. I've tried daily since Friday and keep getting the same message. UNACCEPTABLE.

Call customer service daily to speak with someone and keep getting the run around about it. They escalate it up the line to the next level of customer service and Friday I was lucky, I got through and there was nothing they could do. Every other day it's like they just aren't there. I was connected waiting for one of the level 2 CSRs to come on the line for an hour and a half yesterday before the system finally hung up. This is after waiting to speak to a level 1 CSR for 35 minutes, having him disconnect the call, then calling back and waiting to speak to another level 1 CSR for almost another 35 minutes and having to explain to him AGAIN about what was going on. 2 hours and 40 minutes of my time wasted yesterday waiting to speak to a level 2 CSR. That is UNACCEPTABLE.

I KNOW my debit card is good and I KNOW there is money in the account and I KNOW there isn't a limit to internet purchases on my card because I've checked. So that leads me to believe there is something wrong on EA/BIOWAREs end or they just don't want my money. I find the former easy to believe and the latter extremely impossible to believe.

I understand this is for our protection but really, I have the highest level of account protection that you folks offer. All I want to do is purchase some Cartel Coins. If I want to make multiple purchases in a day that's my business. Maybe come up with a system where if you make 3 purchases you have to re-enter a new security key code if you have one activated on your account. If not then you have to call customer service to have a level 1 CSR unlock it. This current system is horrible.

I'm now on the 5th day of waiting to purchase Cartel Coins because of this issue. UNACCEPTABLE.
"So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb." - Dark Helmet

ValkinKrang
04.09.2013 , 10:40 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthGuido View Post
I've been trying to purchase Cartel Coins since Friday 4-5-13. I keep receiving the Purchase Error This service is currently unavailable for this account. If you wish to purchase more cartel coins please call our Customer Service team or you can try again tomorrow. I've tried daily since Friday and keep getting the same message. UNACCEPTABLE.

Call customer service daily to speak with someone and keep getting the run around about it. They escalate it up the line to the next level of customer service and Friday I was lucky, I got through and there was nothing they could do. Every other day it's like they just aren't there. I was connected waiting for one of the level 2 CSRs to come on the line for an hour and a half yesterday before the system finally hung up. This is after waiting to speak to a level 1 CSR for 35 minutes, having him disconnect the call, then calling back and waiting to speak to another level 1 CSR for almost another 35 minutes and having to explain to him AGAIN about what was going on. 2 hours and 40 minutes of my time wasted yesterday waiting to speak to a level 2 CSR. That is UNACCEPTABLE.

I KNOW my debit card is good and I KNOW there is money in the account and I KNOW there isn't a limit to internet purchases on my card because I've checked. So that leads me to believe there is something wrong on EA/BIOWAREs end or they just don't want my money. I find the former easy to believe and the latter extremely impossible to believe.

I understand this is for our protection but really, I have the highest level of account protection that you folks offer. All I want to do is purchase some Cartel Coins. If I want to make multiple purchases in a day that's my business. Maybe come up with a system where if you make 3 purchases you have to re-enter a new security key code if you have one activated on your account. If not then you have to call customer service to have a level 1 CSR unlock it. This current system is horrible.

I'm now on the 5th day of waiting to purchase Cartel Coins because of this issue. UNACCEPTABLE.
Lol... only the 5th day? You better buckle up, you've got another 25 or so at a minimum. Assuming you've already sent them a copy of your government issued ID, which you didn't mention in your post.

Google "NU2001" - that's the actual error code, they recently removed the actual error code after hundreds of threads shining light on their terrible customer support and billing in an attempt to keep people from googling it and seeing the tens of thousands of threads about it spread over all of EA's games.

Long story short, you're screwed. Either start buying cartel coin codes at GameStop, or look into PayPal or a prepaid credit card.

DarthGuido
04.09.2013 , 01:23 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by ValkinKrang View Post
Lol... only the 5th day? You better buckle up, you've got another 25 or so at a minimum. Assuming you've already sent them a copy of your government issued ID, which you didn't mention in your post.

Google "NU2001" - that's the actual error code, they recently removed the actual error code after hundreds of threads shining light on their terrible customer support and billing in an attempt to keep people from googling it and seeing the tens of thousands of threads about it spread over all of EA's games.

Long story short, you're screwed. Either start buying cartel coin codes at GameStop, or look into PayPal or a prepaid credit card.
Wow. That's just screwed up. I work in a job that's about 75% customer service. If I were this bad at it I'd have been fired years ago.
"So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb." - Dark Helmet

ValkinKrang
04.09.2013 , 06:10 PM | #4
Wow. That's just screwed up. I work in a job that's about 75% customer service. If I were this bad at it I'd have been fired years ago.
Welcome to the world of EA and BioWare Customer Service.

There's a reason EA has been voted "Worst Company in America" 2 years in a row now.

Zaltais_Xaal
04.09.2013 , 07:31 PM | #5
I had the error code NU2001 but it has now changed to this account cant use this service. So I believe it is two seperate issues.

However, paypal wont work either. It is annoying all you get is ring us, when you are not there.

Heartstrings
04.09.2013 , 08:28 PM | #6

You are not the only one. Not only can I not purchase Cartel Coins, but I cannot purchase Rise of the Hutt Cartel, either, no matter what payment option I choose. I get the same error, "This service is not available for your account".

DarthGuido
04.09.2013 , 09:22 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Heartstrings View Post
You are not the only one. Not only can I not purchase Cartel Coins, but I cannot purchase Rise of the Hutt Cartel, either, no matter what payment option I choose. I get the same error, "This service is not available for your account".
Ouch. That's messed up. I wonder if this is going to mess things up when they try to bill me again. If it does I guess I'll just let the game go F2P and let them not get any money from me for a while. I'm optimistic. Maybe if enough people were to do that then they might treat this like a real issue. Because there is no way in hell I'm sending them a copy of my photo ID. I don't love this game THAT much.

IronjawSam
04.09.2013 , 09:29 PM | #8
They seem like their doing their best to let the game die by making it so awful. I figure sooner or later it will work.
Sambucca LVL 50 Sith Marauder, Maccloud LVL 50 Sniper, Deezel LVL 50 Powertech, Arieola LVL 50 sorcerer, Sammbucca LVL 50 Commando(Pub side)

DarthGuido
04.09.2013 , 09:34 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by IronjawSam View Post
They seem like their doing their best to let the game die by making it so awful. I figure sooner or later it will work.
If they want it to die sooner all they need to do is recruit a few of the folks that worked on the SWG NGE. That should be enough to kill it.

Heartstrings
04.09.2013 , 11:51 PM | #10
Ouch. That's messed up. I wonder if this is going to mess things up when they try to bill me again. If it does I guess I'll just let the game go F2P and let them not get any money from me for a while. I'm optimistic. Maybe if enough people were to do that then they might treat this like a real issue. Because there is no way in hell I'm sending them a copy of my photo ID. I don't love this game THAT much.

Yea, agreed. Sending them Photo ID is a bit much. They really need to treat us like the adults we are, and trust that we are not so stupid as to let someone steal our card or PayPal account.