Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why is there a level 55 training dummy on my level 33 character's ship?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Why is there a level 55 training dummy on my level 33 character's ship?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Andryah
04.10.2013 , 08:26 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by AlaricSevGirl View Post
Agreed, dummies should be scalable otherwise why buy them. This was not a welcome change and they need to change it back.
I don't personally use the dummies.. but I support your statement. They should scale.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

Andryah
04.10.2013 , 08:29 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Syas View Post
I'll be that guy:

What purpose does the dummy serve pre-55? I posit that the dummies exist to maximize DPS potential for content in which DPS potential is necessary (HMs and OPs). Am I missing something?
So.. you are saying that pre-55... DPS is not relevant in any way in terms of optimization for game play?

Nonsense.

By mid 20s+ as you are aquiring more skills, and you want to figure out which ones (and in which rotation) are even worth having you your skill-bars/keys... a target dummy (conveniently on your ship and your level) makes a lot of practical sense.

Stop being endgame elitist.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

Khevar
04.10.2013 , 08:31 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by denisabc View Post
But i recall doing many WZ at lv 33... 34 , 35, and so on. And the WZ training dummy is having the same "issue" btw.

This is an excellent point. If you've just unlocked a new ability while leveling and want to work out how to fit it in your rotation it before queuing up to a warzone, the dummy is the perfect way to do it.

SKPTK
04.12.2013 , 04:51 AM | #24
UP.
They should fix this bug or refund me with ingame credits or cartel credits whatever, because it doesn't work as it should to

SleepyJoeFriday
04.12.2013 , 09:38 AM | #25
I've yet to buy a dummy but I note that there are two available - OPS and player.
Does the player one scale?

TrickyNinja
04.12.2013 , 10:09 AM | #26
I'll be that guy:

What purpose does the dummy serve pre-55? I posit that the dummies exist to maximize DPS potential for content in which DPS potential is necessary (HMs and OPs). Am I missing something?
There are paying customers who did not get the xpac that are at lvl 50 running lvl 50 HMs and OPs. So because they didn't get the xpac the training dummy is useless for them? DPS potential and maxing at lvl 50 is now obsolete for them? That makes no sense, especially when it was potentially purchased with real money because they could actually use it at the time.
Death Sentence
Niccolo [55] | Trickyninja [55] | Lazzaro [55] | Buffer[55] | ProtocÚl[55] | Tiberio[55]
Server: The Shadowlands US/PvE/East

Light-years
04.12.2013 , 11:11 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by SleepyJoeFriday View Post
I've yet to buy a dummy but I note that there are two available - OPS and player.
Does the player one scale?
Neither of them scale. Both are level 55.
Z'of Z'ipe
The Tempesta Legacy

AlaricSevGirl
04.12.2013 , 11:24 AM | #28
I posted in CS forum that they need to change it or give us our money back. Go over and show some support. We may get something done about it.
Lauren-Cordis, Ebon Hawk server, Galactic Security Solutions (Republic) and Ashan-arani, The Imperial Black Court (Empire).

wainot-keel
04.12.2013 , 12:12 PM | #29
I'll be that guy:

What's the purpose of having a lvl 55 dummy while your character is lvl 30 ?

revansowns
04.12.2013 , 12:13 PM | #30
The dummy is dumb right now.
The Darkslayer Legacy
Zhendai - Level 50 Jedi Guardian Valixe - Level 50 Sith Sorcerer Omin'it - Level 50 Sniper Valiantes - Level 50 Commando Thondurr - Level 29 Jedi Shadow Devasion - Level 25 Sith Marauder Jizzar - Level 19 Powertech Tegldef -Level 18 Scoundrel