Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why is there a level 55 training dummy on my level 33 character's ship?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Why is there a level 55 training dummy on my level 33 character's ship?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ghost_Spectre
06.27.2013 , 07:59 AM | #191
Quote: Originally Posted by AmberGreen View Post
Hello there folks,

I just wanted to step in and post to inform you that the ship Training Dummies are slated to scale to your level again in Game Update 2.2.1. The fix for this hasn't been fully tested, so if anything comes up that moves it to a later patch, I'll be sure to post here and let you know!

Hey Amber, the Ops dummy scales, but the Warzone dummy did not. FYI.
Azumi Veng Juggernaut Imperius Deception Sin Demonicus Healing Sorceress
Tempest TK Sage Requiem Guardian Tank Sei-Cair Gunnery Commando
Starchild Legacy Jedi Convenant Guild Light/Dark Holiday

ArinDarcast
06.29.2013 , 08:10 AM | #192
Um, no... the other way around, the Warzone dummy scales but the Operations one does not.
I only have the Ops one unlocked and it's pretty useless for most of my characters, only my 55's can use it efficiently.
Even my lvl 51 Gunslinger barely hits it...
So is this going to be adjusted or will only the Warzone dummy scale to level?
[][][][][]{████████████████████████████████████)

MillionsKNives
07.23.2013 , 09:42 AM | #193
I brought my girlfriend onto my ship yesterday to practice her rotation, but lo and behold, my ops dummy is level 55. I had thought this was fixed, and checking back in this thread it was slated for 2.2.1. So, I looked at the patch notes and the only dummy that's mentioned is the warzone dummy.

As the poster above asks, was this intended to exclude the operations dummy in the fix? It doesn't make much sense to fix one and not the other.

SKPTK
07.23.2013 , 11:25 AM | #194
Quote: Originally Posted by MillionsKNives View Post
I brought my girlfriend onto my ship yesterday to practice her rotation, but lo and behold, my ops dummy is level 55. I had thought this was fixed, and checking back in this thread it was slated for 2.2.1. So, I looked at the patch notes and the only dummy that's mentioned is the warzone dummy.

As the poster above asks, was this intended to exclude the operations dummy in the fix? It doesn't make much sense to fix one and not the other.
Dude, before 55 there is no difference on what dummy you practice your rotation - WZ or OPS, so even if they did half of a work, that is no worries.

P.S. And a little bit of sexism: she has to practice her rotation at the kitchen, not on your ship xD (no offence)

MillionsKNives
07.23.2013 , 11:47 AM | #195
Quote: Originally Posted by SKPTK View Post
Dude, before 55 there is no difference on what dummy you practice your rotation - WZ or OPS, so even if they did half of a work, that is no worries.

P.S. And a little bit of sexism: she has to practice her rotation at the kitchen, not on your ship xD (no offence)
Except that I only bought the operations dummy. I have no interest in buying the warzone dummy as well.

SKPTK
07.23.2013 , 12:14 PM | #196
Quote: Originally Posted by MillionsKNives View Post
Except that I only bought the operations dummy. I have no interest in buying the warzone dummy as well.
Sad, dude, that is sad They need to make more clear description on that thing...

MillionsKNives
07.23.2013 , 12:39 PM | #197
Quote: Originally Posted by SKPTK View Post
Sad, dude, that is sad They need to make more clear description on that thing...
It originally scaled, and they have so far fixed the Warzone one, so clearly the intent is for it to scale. I don't see how changing the description would fix this, aside from simply ignoring an issue that they've already taken the time to fix for the other dummy.

DemonMoMana
12.16.2013 , 02:51 PM | #198
Yeah I have the same problem it was a total waste of my cartell coins. I dont have a lvl 55 char yet. It should be scaleable or there should be a way to turn down the level manually or something. It is completely useless to me this way. I tried attacking it i dont even scratch its armor.

Denerio
12.16.2013 , 03:09 PM | #199
I don't think this company cares as long as they already got your money they won't fix this bug imo.

Osidori
04.14.2014 , 09:27 PM | #200
Quote: Originally Posted by Syas View Post
I just think that issues should be prioritized. Since the Dummy serves no purpose sub-55, I would rate this issue low on priority is all.
Actually it does server a purpose. Working out your rotation when you change builds. For this reason the Ships dummy should be adjustable by the user. If you can purchase health modulators and armor reduction modulators then why not level modulators?.

Seems like someone didn't think this though very well.