Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why is there a level 55 training dummy on my level 33 character's ship?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Why is there a level 55 training dummy on my level 33 character's ship?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kontraz
05.31.2013 , 10:21 AM | #161
Quote: Originally Posted by Syas View Post
I'll be that guy:

What purpose does the dummy serve pre-55? I posit that the dummies exist to maximize DPS potential for content in which DPS potential is necessary (HMs and OPs). Am I missing something?
It can still be used to help with lowbie rotations and teach you some effective pairings while you level. When leveling a sage, it could be very useful, for example, to determine if you want to go TK or Balance with your limited number of skills, then perhaps change later on when you have more skillpoints.

Avicii
05.31.2013 , 11:08 AM | #162
Have they even acknowledged this yet? I sent in a bug report when my WZ dummy got changed to 55 when 2.0 came out with the generic "we are closing your ticket, good day" response. Yet this is still an issue, it cant be that hard to fix this since the code was already in place to scale the WZ dummy.

Or is this gonna be a part of the after 2.4 patch for PvPers that will make us happy?

SW_display_name
05.31.2013 , 12:36 PM | #163
This thread is now officially the developer equivalent of avoiding eye contact and pretending you can't hear someone.

AbsolutGrndZero
05.31.2013 , 01:38 PM | #164
There is really no need to BUMP this thread, it's getting enough discussion.... bumping threads is actually against the rules of pretty much every forum in existence. I'm surprised the people just "bumping" this thread haven't already been suspended from the forums, but it seems all they are doing is deleting the bumps.... Apparently the SWtOR moderators are much nicer than many other forums I've been on.
The Babylon Legacy
Harbinger
Racquel, Stancerry, Jennica, Porcelain

Kontraz
06.01.2013 , 04:45 AM | #165
Is this even working as intended? I'd like to know that before we start asking for it to be changed back to how we liked it

Lung_Tien_Lien
06.01.2013 , 07:08 AM | #166
Quote: Originally Posted by AbsolutGrndZero View Post
There is really no need to BUMP this thread, it's getting enough discussion.... bumping threads is actually against the rules of pretty much every forum in existence. I'm surprised the people just "bumping" this thread haven't already been suspended from the forums, but it seems all they are doing is deleting the bumps.... Apparently the SWtOR moderators are much nicer than many other forums I've been on.
There's every need to keep bumping this thread if people want an answer. I understand that it's against the rules, but what would you rather see? People making a new thread every couple of days to remind everyone that yes, they still care about this?

They're generally letting a lot slide when it comes to forum rules, for better or worse. In this case, I think the bumping is justified, but that's just me.

AbsolutGrndZero
06.01.2013 , 06:03 PM | #167
Quote: Originally Posted by Lung_Tien_Lien View Post
There's every need to keep bumping this thread if people want an answer. I understand that it's against the rules, but what would you rather see? People making a new thread every couple of days to remind everyone that yes, they still care about this?

They're generally letting a lot slide when it comes to forum rules, for better or worse. In this case, I think the bumping is justified, but that's just me.
But people are discussing it... and if they are deleting the bumps, there may come a time when they STOP being nice and start giving warnings... do you want to be the person who's bump is the last straw of their tolerance? I sure don't.
The Babylon Legacy
Harbinger
Racquel, Stancerry, Jennica, Porcelain

wainot-keel
06.03.2013 , 02:02 PM | #168
Quote: Originally Posted by AbsolutGrndZero View Post
But people are discussing it... and if they are deleting the bumps, there may come a time when they STOP being nice and start giving warnings... do you want to be the person who's bump is the last straw of their tolerance? I sure don't.
It's already been discussed by forum members and there's nothing else that we can say. And yet no yellow post.
So from this point, everything will be "bump", even if we don't say "bump", even your post about "bumps"

Glowrod
06.03.2013 , 02:10 PM | #169
What would be nice, and what is seriosly lacking from community leaders here, would be some feedback about this. Is there a reason for the training dummies to be 55? If so, what is it? Or was that a glitch? if so, say so. This near total lack of communication from community leaders here is why these forums are such trash compared to other games forums.

VIP Lounge Member

Logisitcs
06.05.2013 , 10:23 AM | #170
/sigh /sigh /sigh

Some answers would be nice
Quote: Originally Posted by Foxrynn View Post
They were named "Worst Company in America" for a reason.