Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Why is there a level 55 training dummy on my level 33 character's ship?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Why is there a level 55 training dummy on my level 33 character's ship?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Shoogli's Avatar


Shoogli
05.28.2013 , 01:20 PM | #151
Quote: Originally Posted by Arlon_Nabarlly View Post
So frigging what is that if the intention is to test for operations there are no level 33 operations so a level 33 dummy makes no sense.

Second, you have a point on level 50 operations to an extent. But since competitive end game will no longer be happening at level 50 I doubt BW cares about that. I'm willing to be the change from scaling was probably intentional, they don't want to encourage people to do the level 50 operations, they want them to buy RotHC if they want to do operations.
You still haven't told us what you think about the PVP dummies have you ?
Shoogli | Jawa Droid Designer
Do not Follow me on Twitter @NOWHERE | Dislike me on Facebook
[Do Not Contact Me] [Rules of Misconduct] [F.A.Q.] [Shoogli Tracker]

Khevar's Avatar


Khevar
05.28.2013 , 01:38 PM | #152
Quote: Originally Posted by Arlon_Nabarlly View Post
So frigging what is that if the intention is to test for operations there are no level 33 operations so a level 33 dummy makes no sense.

Second, you have a point on level 50 operations to an extent. But since competitive end game will no longer be happening at level 50 I doubt BW cares about that. I'm willing to be the change from scaling was probably intentional, they don't want to encourage people to do the level 50 operations, they want them to buy RotHC if they want to do operations.
If you hadn't noticed, the training dummy Legacy Unlock is rather expensive, and it available for ALL your toons.

Why would you argue AGAINST making that scalable while it is sitting on your ship? What harm could POSSIBLY come from it? And look at the benefits!

Are you arguing just to try and make everyone wrong, or do you have some sort of actual reason why you want to prevent players from testing rotations and gear before they hit level 55?

Arlon_Nabarlly's Avatar


Arlon_Nabarlly
05.28.2013 , 01:54 PM | #153
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
If you hadn't noticed, the training dummy Legacy Unlock is rather expensive, and it available for ALL your toons.

Why would you argue AGAINST making that scalable while it is sitting on your ship? What harm could POSSIBLY come from it? And look at the benefits!

Are you arguing just to try and make everyone wrong, or do you have some sort of actual reason why you want to prevent players from testing rotations and gear before they hit level 55?
I'm not saying there was any harm and I'm not saying it shouldn't do that. My point was twofold.
1. Since this is only designed for operations then why put dev effort into making it scale. It's possible that the level change broke the scaling process and it was easier to leave it perm set at what it was designed to do.
2. This could have been intentional move to carrot/stick people still at level 50 to buy RotHC rather than rewarding them for not paying. This seems to fit with BWs general F2P start.

Quote: Originally Posted by Shoogli View Post
You still haven't told us what you think about the PVP dummies have you ?
I was replying to the OP, I didn't see this thread until today and didn't read all 16 pages. I would say PvP one not scaling is a bigger and more legitimate concern than the operations one.

SW_display_name's Avatar


SW_display_name
05.28.2013 , 02:37 PM | #154
Quote: Originally Posted by Arlon_Nabarlly View Post
I was replying to the OP, I didn't see this thread until today and didn't read all 16 pages. I would say PvP one not scaling is a bigger and more legitimate concern than the operations one.
But I'm the OP, and I'm upset about my Warzone training dummy.

Later, other people came in and voiced their frustrations with their level 50 characters being unable to parse for Operations.

Khevar's Avatar


Khevar
05.28.2013 , 03:46 PM | #155
Quote: Originally Posted by Arlon_Nabarlly View Post
...

1. Since this is only designed for operations then why put dev effort into making it scale. It's possible that the level change broke the scaling process and it was easier to leave it perm set at what it was designed to do.

...
(Emphasis added by me)

So you have a "Lobby for Legacy Datacrons" in your signature as something to be added to the game, all while speaking out against an auto-scaling training dummy which WAS in the game and now ISN'T.

In my country, we call this hypocrisy.

SKPTK's Avatar


SKPTK
05.29.2013 , 02:11 AM | #156
morning bump

AlaricSevGirl's Avatar


AlaricSevGirl
05.29.2013 , 05:15 AM | #157
Quote: Originally Posted by Arlon_Nabarlly View Post
So frigging what is that if the intention is to test for operations there are no level 33 operations so a level 33 dummy makes no sense.

Second, you have a point on level 50 operations to an extent. But since competitive end game will no longer be happening at level 50 I doubt BW cares about that. I'm willing to be the change from scaling was probably intentional, they don't want to encourage people to do the level 50 operations, they want them to buy RotHC if they want to do operations.

I am astounded by your point and your attitude. We paid for one thing and they decided to change it after the fact.

1) If I buy a car that performs a certain way and it goes in for a recall, and it comes back out not performing in the same way. I'll get my money back. Bioware ripped everyone off who bought this for their ship and you know how many times I've used it on my level 55 jugg, not one bloody time. I used it all the time on my leveling characters. You can be a fanboi all you want, but it was a stupid move on Bioware's part and they know it or they would be in this post commenting.
The Terran One Legacy; Ebon Hawk server; Rhiordan, GL, Galactic Security Solutions (Republic) and Rhiorden, GL, The Imperial Black Court (Empire).

wainot-keel's Avatar


wainot-keel
05.29.2013 , 05:24 AM | #158
Quote: Originally Posted by Arlon_Nabarlly View Post
I'm not saying there was any harm and I'm not saying it shouldn't do that. My point was twofold.
1. Since this is only designed for operations then why put dev effort into making it scale. It's possible that the level change broke the scaling process and it was easier to leave it perm set at what it was designed to do.
It was scaling before. Dev effort to make it scale was already made. The work was done. They changed it. Before it was useful for any and all characters. Now only for level 55 characters. How is that an improvement ? (not a rethorical question btw)


Quote: Originally Posted by Arlon_Nabarlly View Post
2. This could have been intentional move to carrot/stick people still at level 50 to buy RotHC rather than rewarding them for not paying. This seems to fit with BWs general F2P start.
You're seriously suggesting people would buy the expansion because they want to have a working dummy when they reach 55 ?

Glowrod's Avatar


Glowrod
05.29.2013 , 08:52 AM | #159
I purchased the training dummies (with CC's) with the expectation of being able to USE them. But since I have no 55's and have no plans to ever have a toon that high, it was a waste of my money. They should either fix them so that I can use them, or give me a refund.

VIP Lounge Member

SW_display_name's Avatar


SW_display_name
05.29.2013 , 05:12 PM | #160
Isn't this the kind of irrational high-concept stubbornness that got the original design team "reorganized" and the game converted to F2P?

Bloody hell, just let us have the damn scaling dummies back or be kind enough to explain why it's so important that they're removed.