Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why is there a level 55 training dummy on my level 33 character's ship?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Why is there a level 55 training dummy on my level 33 character's ship?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Khevar
05.23.2013 , 01:42 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by AlaricSevGirl View Post
The dev reply was that they were never meant to scale and that only people doing operations need the OP dummy. They fail to realize that they have Operations in this game and hard modes that are level 50 and the PvP dummy, do only level 55 characters PvP. This was a HUGE fail on BIoware's part. And again, they cheated us who paid real money for them.
Interesting. I never read that dev post. Do you know where it is?

Astarica
05.23.2013 , 02:01 PM | #102
Given the dummies are the only NPCs I'm aware of that scales to level, I don't see how it can ever be an accident that they scaled. It's not like someone just facerolled on their keyboard and accidentally put some code that made the training dummies that only mobs in the game that scaled to your level.

Avicii
05.23.2013 , 02:20 PM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by Galbatorrix View Post
Training dummies are useful at all levels. Especially when trying to master a new spec or tinkering with your rotation. If I'm trying to tank for the first time at level 40, would you rather me work out my rotation on my ship or in a FP with you?

Also, I realize the capital worlds have different levels of dummies and since 2.1, that's were I go, but it's still a bad change. Legacy unlocks are supposed to be convenience awards, but the usefulness of these are all but gone.
Exactly in used the PvP training dummy whenever I changed specs/rotations or just haven't played that toon for awhile. I really liked being able to log on to a toon and see how fluid my rotation was and some practice versus going into a WZ and noobing out.

Anyway this was super usefully and now it's super ****** the level toons can't even hit it. Please fix this as we paid CCs for this option.

Anzel
05.23.2013 , 03:43 PM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by Light-years View Post
Neither of them scale. Both are level 55.
It would be nice if *one* of them did
ANZEL - Master Bounty Hunter - Corbantis Galaxy - 06/23/2003
ANZEL - Bounty Hunter / Mercenary - The Corbantis Legacy - 12/13/2011
ANZEL - SWG EMU - CORE 1 Developer - 06/2006

TexasMarine
05.23.2013 , 04:07 PM | #105
I like how so many people jump on the operations wagon. Seems like people forget about the warzone dummy. We pvp from lvl 10-endgame. I can let the ops dummy slid as always 55 but war zone does need to scale.

SKPTK
05.24.2013 , 02:52 AM | #106
Morning bump up

SKPTK
05.24.2013 , 05:25 AM | #107
bump it up

SKPTK
05.24.2013 , 06:52 AM | #108
i like to bump it up...

SKPTK
05.24.2013 , 07:16 AM | #109
Eric!! Give us a bit of your attention! We want some information and clarification on this issue, please!

SKPTK
05.24.2013 , 08:40 AM | #110
bumping